“Better Than My Home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton St. Petersburg Clearwater
Ranked #32 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel is located near the Franklin Templeton Building which is where I come to work every so often. I routinely stay here over other hotels in the area even though I am HHonors Diamond and could stay in the Hilton Clearwater across thestreet.

Food/Rooms
The rooms are quiet (more so than the Hilton Clearwater) due to size. I have a preference for staying at the back of the hotel for quiet. Both breakfast and a light dinner are served. Food is competently cooked, I never have a particular reason not to eat both meals here unless I have a social function.

Service is serious service. They are warmer than the Hilton Clearwater down the street! They are especially polite to children (something that I notice is lacking in other hospitality venues), and were professional the entire stay.

Shuttle
The shuttle runs on a fairly tight schedule (q 15 mins) and is always on time when pickups occur. The staff is very accomodating in terms of making reservations. They also WILL pick up up and drop you off at TPA.

Internet
Secure and fast. You can VPN access speeds here with no problem.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, consider asking for the back of the hotel is better than the front that faces Ulme...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton St. Petersburg Clearwater

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here for a week in February of 2011. I forgot to write a review, but I liked this hotel so much that here I am, a year later, to make sure my voice is heard! My family-me, husband, 2 yr old and 4 month old, splurged on a suite here, hoping that the extra room would curb the childrens' difficulty sleeping away from home. It was TOTALLY worth it. The hotel provided cribs/pack n' plays, the pool was amazing, we actually held our own bbq/pool party while we were there, and had no issues or complaints from the hotel staff-they provided bbq tools and were very helpful and accommodating. This hotel is a little off the beaten path but actually in a perfect location. Right across the street from a grocery store, close enough to everywhere we needed to go. We did have to switch rooms due to an a/c issue, but they were very quick to tend to our needs, especially with the little ones in consideration. 24/7 coffee (very important to me!!), wonderful staff, great pool, good breakfasts and happy hour food, comfortable sleeping/cooking/living. All I wanted. This was my first visit to a Homewood Suites, and unfortunately for my pocketbook, I don't think I can stay anywhere else in the future!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

King suite was spacious, clean and comfortable. Sofa was comfortable with ottoman for resting your feet while watching TV. Bed was great. Large bathroom had door between tub/toilet section and sink/vanity/mirror section, which was nice. Bedroom had door between it and living/kitchen space. Coffee pot was single cup maker. My only complaint was that they put us in a room on the second floor that was the farthest it cold be from both outside doors and the breakfast area. We are seniors and all that walking was not good on our backs. I had reserved a suite abouut 1 1/2 to 2 weeks before arrival and had requested first floor near an outside door. The desk clerk did not seem concerned and said, "I'm sorry. that's all we have." So reserving ahead doesn't really make a difference in room location.

Room Tip: Wish I knew . Requesting ahead doesn't seem to make a difference.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights this passed weekend. Room was very nice. King One Bedroom Suite. Big, clean rooms. Pull out sofa always comes in handy. Pool was big and clean. Hotel is a bit older and you can tell by the door locks around the buiding but don't be fooled, everything was in great working condition. Was very impressed for its age. Hotel grounds were well maintained. Tough thing about the pool is that its located in courtyard like area and sun is blocked out at certain times of day. Great location. Not much noise from street. Will stay here whenever I get to come back to Clearwater/Tampa/St Pete area. Was about a 20 minute ride from Tropicana Field also.

Room Tip: Really long hallways so if you want to be close to breakfast or pool or away from everything, ask or...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here five days with my three children and husband. The breakfast and dinner meals were great. Fresh, hot and very tasty. We were able to grab some yogurts and fresh fruit every morning for our afternoon snacks. Kids loved swimming in the pool while mom and dad were able to enjoy the evening reception. Staff was very friendly. Location of hotel was very convenient to major interstate and area was clean and safe. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Having visited a family member when they stayed at a Homewood suites I had been impressed so eagerly looked for one to accomodate 2 couples taking a weeks vacation to see their beloved Phillies in spring training. We wanted 2 bedrooms with a lving room and a klitchen. Homewood was the only major chain that had 2 bedroom suites of equal size. Front desk staff were efficient and pleasant. Called later in our stay to make sure all was fine. Very professional.
The lady who takes care of the breakfast was pleasant and kept things fully stocked and running smooth- same at dinner. Yes they offer dinner Monday-Thursday included with your price, including wine and beer.. Not 4 star but when you have been out in the sun, are tired and don't want to run out again to a restaurant- filling and sufficient.
Convenient to Publix food store to buy snacks or a case of water.
Our only complaint was housekeeping. Upon entering the rooms for the first time the glasses at the bathroom sinks had lip prints on them- and the 1 bathroom had towel on floor and toilet seat in upright position. We were not sure what had/had not been cleaned. A call to the front desk brought a housekeeper to our room within minutes. She assured us the bathroom had been cleaned, seats are kept raised after being "sanitized". As for the dirty glasses, she told me, I could place them in the dishwasher and re-wash them if I wanted. I asked for new glasses - she went and brought back 1- said they did not have anymore and also hotel was "out of shampoo and did not know when/if any would be in. Shampoo was not an issue but her attitude was - unless there was a language barrier. I gave her the benefit of the doubt.
Our 5th day there we arrived back at our suite to find 1 room cleaned with new towels and the 2nd had not been touched. A walk down to the manager produced new towels and an apology but no offer for any type of compensation.
Would we stay here again - probably yes as the benefits far outweight the housekeeping misadventures and they were minor at best
convenient to travel to Tampa - near Howard Frankland Bridge and our trip to the ball park in Clearwater was amazing - straight up 611 - avoiding the dreaded route 19.
thanks to the staff at Homewood suites- keep up the good work- and maybe next time we will have a better experience with housekeeping.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We checked in and were placed in a smoking room; apparently this was an error through the booking agency I used, but the front desk agent was very friendly and changed us to a first-floor non-smoking room. The room was plenty spacious; not as large as some Homewood Suites as this appears to be an older property, but larger than the standard hotel room and quite comfortable. We had plenty of space to relax. The bed was large and comfortable and there were 2 televisions in the room. The hotel is located right next door to a Panera Bread, and there is a Shell fuel station very nearby. It is on a fairly busy street with a neighborhood behind the property. It is very close to the St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport and the long bridge across the bay to Tampa. We drove into St. Petersburg and St. Pete Beach with no issues; 15-20 minute transit time. It was very quiet during our two-night stay. We did not try the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. Traveling companion wishes they offered the Discovery and History channels, but I am not much of a TV watcher. The only minor issue was that his credit card was billed twice; once by the booking agency and once by the hotel. When I called the hotel to clear it up, the woman who answered the phone was very polite and helpful, and said it was an error. The money was refunded within three days. I would definitely stay at this property again when I return to the area.

Room Tip: There are three rooms on the first floor that are right next to side entrances. These rooms would pr...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple