We were recently in the area for a spring training game. I chose this hotel because of the reviews. We typically try to stay with LaQuinta, mostly because of them being partners with Southwest. We paid over $100 for this room. The blankets and bedspreads were old and may have been clean, but when they are that shabby looking ... Ugh! More importanty, the bathroom was old and disgusting. Had it not been so late when we got here, and had our car not broken down, I would have stayed elsewhere. Couldn't wait to get up and get out. Speaking of our car breaking down, we had accidently gone to the LaQuinta about 7 miles away from this one. After company out of the lobby and finding that we were at the wrong one, we found our car would not start. We were able to get a ride from the wrong LaQuinta to the right one. The next morning when we got up, I asked the front desk about possibly having the shuttle give us a ride to the LaQuinta where our car was broken down. I explained that we were in a hurry as we had company coming in from out of state that afternoon and needed to somehow get the car fixed and drive across the state in time. I asked if the hotel shuttle might take us to the other LaQuinta and that we were willing to pay for it. The front desk person was very nice, but said she had to call her manager to ask. When she came back she said that he said no. So, here was an opportunity for a manager to make an impression and turn an otherwise bad experience around some. He chose not to. Says a lot to me. Will NEVER stay here again. On a plus note, Clearwater Toyota is AMAZING!!! They got us fixed and on the road within an hour of arriving there. Can't say enough good things about them and their staff!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater Airport was newly renovated and recently named a 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner!NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.The La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater Airport is conveniently located in Clearwater, FL just 1.5 miles from St. Petersburg Clearwater Airport and 12 Miles from Tampa International Airport. Minutes from the hotel you will find many places of interest including, Florida's Gulf Beaches, Busch Gardens and Adventure Island, Ray's and Buccaneer's Stadiums, Salvador Dali Museum, and John's Pass Shopping Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LaQuinta, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater AP reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater Airport Hotel Clearwater
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater Airport
- La Quinta Clearwater
- Clearwater La Quinta