“Good Mid level”

Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
North Carolina
“Good Mid level”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect when I was told by family that they booked rooms at this hotel since I typically like to stay and book my own at higher end hotels to ensure quality and cleanliness but I had to understand and go with the glow on this family get together.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised, yes the rooms could use a little upgrade on carpet and decor' but it was actually clean and beds were decent!

I saw that some reviews complained about the small beach front but we really enjoyed that, I enjoyed that the hotel had a bar right there on beach too and the pool. We went up one day to the big crowded beach but that was enough and the rest of time we just enjoyed the hotel beach front and beach front pool! The staff out by bar, pool, and beach were great!

Hey if you want beach front value, don't mind ugly old green carpet, comfy beds, and most important cleanliness, then no reason not to stay here. If you have kids like I do then they will love it as my 8 year old and 13 year old girls did.

I had a bad experience in another city on my way to CWB at another mid level they booked at and I swore once I got to CWB I would be calling the Hilton or Hyatt but this place really was a surprise and I am glad we stayed here!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank wctraveler21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Finnish first
Hibbing, Minnesota
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is situated on a part of the canal that opens into the gulf. They have a sandy swimming area and you can walk down to a couple other hotels. They have a tiki bar with typical bar food and drinks. The hotel is outdated, but the accommodations are nice. Hotel is clean, staff is courteous. You pay to park your car there, pay to use an umbrella or chair on the beach. The pool is small, but nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank susieq1960
Oak Hill, West Virginia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed the week of the fourth of July and had our party rent 2 cabana rooms for everybody and 2 regular rooms the last night due to airline and had an amazing trip. The staff was great in helping with what ever problems occurred on the trip. There are a few negatives to the hotel though. If you stay in the Cabana rooms on the bottom floor the blinds in the 3 rooms side by side (we have stayed in all over our 6 years staying here) do not close over the door which is just frosted they only cover the windows. So because of this at 6 o clock in the morning your room is lit up like it is the middle of the day. The Cabana room by itself has blinds that go all the way across the doors and all the windows so when you shut them it could be 100% dark at 1 o clock. The problem with this room is that the air conditioner couldn't keep up with the Florida heat. The other members of our party actually changed rooms to a different cabana room because of the room temperature. Due to our airline we had to get an extra night so we left our Cabana room and moved up to a room on the 3rd floor it was very nice and had no complaints about it all. Another down fall is at 10 in the evening the security guard comes around and locks all the Cabana room gates to the pool and every other gate leading to the beach or pool. The pool is closed but the beach is open you just have to walk around the building to access it. Also the chairs on the beach must be rented per day even if you are a guest of the hotel. The Tiki Bar attracts the party on the weekend but then then clears out during the week days and it becomes a little less crowded. The hotel is in a amazing location with everything within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip in May of 2013. The accommodations were clean and well worth the price. Location was great! Anca at the front desk was extremely nice and I would be more than happy to go back for some family fun. If you are on the fence, take a leap and stay here you will not be disappointed with the value, location or rooms.. There's even an iHop on the property.

Room Tip: If you can afford it get a beachview it's worth it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a nice hotel of you have kids and just want to stay somewhere for a reasonable price, the rooms where good and nice comfortable beds. We had a partal ocean view room but it wasn't what we thought but it was good just to lookout and see some ocean.. but I would recommend going to Clearwater over a holiday week/weekend. We was there for 4th of July there was no place to park nor got any public beach time bc there is no place to park, the hotels beach was crowed due to the boats coming in and out. But all the parking lots for public you have to pay to leave your car it was a mess but we still had a good time overall. The hotel staff was very nice and respectful. I would stay here again but not over a holiday week/weekend.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jessica H
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I spent one night while traveling on business at this very functional hotel. It was clean, quiet and the view was breathtaking. I laid on the beach and listened to a steel drum band play jimmy buffet tunes. I enjoyed the pool. It was centrally located and the staff helped with some adjustments to my bill. No free breakfast, but well kept and a perfect locale.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank mym2bw
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If this hotel were placed in Anytown, USA, it would be a $40/night motel. The only reason we selected this hotel was because it seemed to be the best value among those that are actually on the beach. It would have been better to chose among those that are "across the street", because we had to walk three blocks to get to a decent beach anyway. The "beach" in front of the hotel can't be more of a joke (very small), and you can't walk down the beach from there because of some rock formations (jetties?) block the beach. You have to go out on the main road and walk down to the beach. Just across from the beach I saw several hotels that I passed up because they were across the street. If only I had known, it would have shortened our walk from 3 blocks to a 1/2 block. The hotel and staff seemed decent enough, I just hate being deceived (or not doing enough homework), thinking I was getting a good deal when in fact it wasn't much of a deal at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple