“Mixed Review”

Quality Hotel On the Beach
Ranked #37 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just got back from staying at this hotel after reading all the reviews on tripadvisor. I was disappointed. We requested ocean front, what we really got was "canal front" and a peek at the ocean. From the beginning, check in was easy and the staff were very nice. The hotel had a bad odor, cleaner mixed with cigarettes. Our room and furnishings were above average, everything was for the most part clean. Beds were a little too firm for my taste but not horrible, pillows were mediocre at best and carpet was a little scary. Bathroom was very small, but the primary room was a good size overall and nice. Now the bad, as we open the balcony door we look down and see and hear lots of noise at the pool area, too many people, many with tattoos and cigarettes. It was practically a cesspool. We walked on the small beach area, but as far as swimming too many boats and wave runners, and the water was dirty and it smelled like gas from all the boats. Very disappointing, so much so, that I asked to check out and drive straight home. The check in attendant was very nice and was sympathetic to my unhappiness, but their policy disallowed a full refund so we stayed one night and they allowed me to cancel the other. Overall, the room was ok, but you got to have a bit of a wild side to enjoy this atmosphere. Its just not a place for me and my family. I will admit, it was pretty too look at all the boats coming and going out to the ocean, but that is the extent of my enjoyment at this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank namehunt

Reviewed June 17, 2013

we were allowed to check in early which was welcomed. The room was immaculate and large with a small patio. The private beach was good on first impression but then we were asked after 1 hour to pay for the loungers and umbrella which wasn`t explained to us. We also had to pay to park in a non-existent space in the car park. It is a pleasant walk to the pier and the area is very clean and well maintained. A walgreens and liquor store is opposite. The IHOP attached serves an adequate breakfast but eat it quickly as the air con soon chills the hottest of food. There is complimentary coffee available all day in reception area and the rooms all have an iron, board and fridge. I was a little surprised that the hotel piped music into the corridors until 9:30 pm

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Corcoran1
Reviewed May 29, 2013

First visit to this hotel and we were a little skeptical when making reservations 3 months early and all they wanted was a $10 deposit, while most others on the beach wanted at least a half stay deposit. But, we were very pleasantly surprised. They didn't charge our CC until we arrived. We had asked for a beach view with balcony, and we received just that, over the pool, no less. Beautiful view. Perfect private beach with chairs and umbrellas for rent and wait service from the Tiki Bar for drinks. This is a nice spot as far as the water goes also. It is where the fresh water and salt water combine so the water is not so salty and it is clean and clear of seaweed, where the big public beach was loaded with seaweed at the same time. The hotel has a little tiki bar on the beach/by the pool also with $7.75 rumrunners. Great little place to hang out for a drink. Room was clean and staff was friendly and very accommodating for any request we might have. Light bulb was out over our bathroom sink and was replaced within 1 hour, after we let them know. Beach towels are provided and room has mini frig and microwave for any small eats/drinks. If you are looking for a luxurious, high end hotel, this obviously is not that, but a great, clean, budget friendly, perfect location (close to all good restaurants, pier and shopping) hotel. I would definitely return to the Quality Hotel on the Beach

Room Tip: Request a beach view with balcony for the best view. Partial view is on the sides facing either par...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank jbakeok
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here for my partner's birthday. We live in Delray Beach and came to visit the gulf coast. We redeemed points since I am a frequent Choice Priv traveler. When we booked it through Choice hotels, they would not give me a beachfront room with my points. They said I could get "partial ocean." However, when we checked in Jessica and Anca were very welcoming and upgraded us. They even called to let me know when the room was ready while we hung out at the Tiki bar. I have stayed in many high end hotels and can tell you this is one of the cleanest properties. Also, it is by far the nicest Quality Inn I have ever stayed in.

I will be back next year for sure!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mike N
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We just returned from a return visit to the Quality Hotel on the Beach. This was our second visit within the year and our 5-6 visit overall.

I cannot say enough about this hotel. Staff is amazing, Anca and Rosalie always have a smiling face to greet you at the desk and answer any questions you might have. Housekeeping staff is wonderful.

If you plan on visiting Clearwater Beach, you must check out this hotel. You will not be disappointed. Location is perfect, beach and pool are directly outside your back door.

My one and only minor complaint, is you must rent the beach chairs down at the beach. If you are flying in and cannot bring your own, the rental adds up for the week. I think of you are staying at hotel you should get a chair and rent the chairs to the bar patrons. Again, minor, we chose to go to beach one day and stay at pool the rest of the days. New chairs around the pool are very nice!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Scrapbooker_in_PA
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here May 16-17, 2013, with my 28 yr old daughter, and we both had a fantastic stay. We loved the private beach area with a sandbar bottom and the live music at the tiki bar, which is right behind the beach. It was fun watching all the boats come and go, and we saw some dolphins too. The hotel staff was very friendly and the room was clean and even had beach towels. The only complaint I would have is that the beach lounge chairs are $20 a day. My daughter and I are gluten free, and we didn't have to go too far to find a really nice Italian restaurant, called GONDOLIER, right across the street. They had the BEST GF Pizza we ever had!!!! I highly recommend them! We also loved Shepards, which was two resorts down from us. They had live bands and a seafood buffet to die for!!! We spent the evening there. We also learned that Shepards has a breakfast & lunch buffet. I cannot wait to go back to Quality Hotel for a weekend with my girlfriends. I will spread the word about this great little gem of a place! Thank you Quality Hotel. Oh, and by the way, I got a great FL resident rate, since I live in FL. Thank you for that too!!!! See you next time!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Joanne704
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Quality Hotel On The Beach was a decent place to stay during my visit to Clearwater. Prices were a little high but compared to the others in the same area this hotel was the best choice. You’re not technically on "oceanfront". The hotel is slightly away in a bay but the views are still great. Parking was a bit on a issue however. Not many spots are reserved for this hotel and coming home late at night was a hassle trying to find a spot. Front desk was friendly as were the housekeepers. There is an IHOP on site. It is a bit small for an IHOP so you can expect a wait. The beach out front of the hotel was beautiful. It overlooks an area called "Sandkey" which has very nice beachfronts. I would recommend taking a trip over the bridge to this area at sunset. Rooms were nice but basic, nothing extravagant. Location was pretty good. You are a tad bit far from everything but it was nice to be a bit secluded. There was a great Italian/pizza place right across the street that we ate at numerous times as well.

Overall I would recommend the Quality Hotel if you are on a budget and want just a decent place to stay. Only real downside is the parking.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends