“3 nights planned Stayed 1”

GulfView Hotel - On The Beach
Ranked #71 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We planned to stay at this hotel for 3 nights to finish our Florida vacation with some beach time. On check-in we were allocated a ground fllor room next to the carpark and exit door at rear which was very noisy. The room smelt very musty and I found a sweaty shirt from the previous guest in the drawer. The air condition unit was very loud and it was impossible to sleep with it switched on but the room became very warm without it as it had 2 x windows both south facing. By US standards this is not a good hotel and we checked out only after staying one night at extra cost to stay at another hotel.

The staff were friendly and helpful but to be honest the hotel needs a complete refurb and you would be well advised to spend a llittle more and have a cleaner / more comfortable room.

Room Tip: If you stay here I would book a room on a higher floor on the beach side of the hotel to avoid car p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mark R

Reviewed July 18, 2013

BFF & I were on a trip to FL. We chose to stay one night here, to say we've been to the beach... The place was older, but VERY clean... The beds were quite comfortable & the party deck next door really allowed for some "people watching" that we both LOVED! :-)

Service was AWESOME! We arrived prior to checkin & Jeff, the main guy at the desk was soo sweet and let us go to the beach and then check in early to a different room than he originally had! He was super nice the next day at check out too!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JPeace1122
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I used this hotel for a long weekend in April. The smell in the room about knocked you down. We had to go across the street and get some air freshener. The view was nice by the pool. The staff was very nice and helpful. In my opinion this hotel would be good for young adults not so much for family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank petty2bein07
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We spent a week at this hotel with our family and the service and experience was wonderful. The front desk staff was helpful and we truly had a wonderful stay. We were so happy we chose this great location. It was close to restaurants and directly on the beach. The pool was fun and the location was the reason we picked this hotel. Kids had a great time at the pool and we had a great time lounging on their pool deck overlooking the water. The hotel room was clean and would return again. Clearwater Beaches are amazing. They are truly the best. The white sandy beaches are clean and wonderful for the kids to run and enjoy.
Thank you Gulfview Staff for a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Rdya
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We just visited out favorite place on the beach and could not have been happier. Our family had a wonderful time. The beach is our favoirite place especially at this location. The staff and rooms were great and really would like to thank the gulfview hotel once again for a wonderful family vacation. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and will be back soon! The prices were great the location was key. We could not have found a better place for us to stay.

The hotel pool is our favorite as it overlooks the beach. Overall would rate this a great experience for our family vacation and would strongly recommend.

1  Thank Melanie P
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Let me start by saying that My sister booked 4 rooms for 2 nights each room. We spend over $1200.00 at the hotel. When she called to inquiry about one of my other sister arriving the following day who was going to be staying in our room, there was a problem about parking. We were told rule were one car per reservation. She and the manager got into an argument and reservation were getting ready to cancelled. Nothing was said about a deposit until they got into and argument. She had hold the rooms with her credit card but they try to take full payment and told her that they will be cancelled . I called and ask to please leave the reservations and gave them my credit card. . Granted, I apologize to them for screaming at my sister only because I did not want to ruin our family vacation. When my family check in they saw a lot of them started question them about the amount of people in the rooms. To the point where they were chekcing them by cameras and walking through the hallways. We were 4 rooms so of course there was going to be a lot of us. We were 14 of us all together. It was very uncomfortable when my family told me that we were being watched. Not a very good experience. I had left 2 boxes of jewerly in one of the dresser drawers and they claim they never found them. I called and ask about them, I was told that they were going to have the housekeeper check n the room but never heard back. I had to email them just for them to tell me that nothing was found. How can you trust staying there and leaving items that will never return to you. I had stay in many places with a lost and found location that always find them and return them to me with no problems. Rooms were old for the price. It really needs remodeling the building inside smell moldy. Furniture in the room was old -dresser drawer broken and hard to open. If I am going to spend that kind of money I would rather stayed somewhere else and spend a little more to get better service.

2  Thank Sav3174
GM625, General Manager at GulfView Hotel - On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Reservations are guaranteed with credit cards as form of payment. Without a guarantee, reservations are invalid. All 5 rooms were reserved for a weekend stay, with a credit card that was DECLINED. After several attempts to contact the guest for a valid form of payment, we advised her that without a guarantee we cannot hold the rooms past the check in time, on a sold out weekend. The Front Desk manager called at 9 am, then I (General Manager) personally called at 10am to ask what her intentions were. The guest dismissed both our calls and hung up the phone.
The items in question were, an envelope with $300, reported missing shortly after check out. The next day, a box of jewelry was reported missing. After questioning staff, and personally searching, no such items were found or reported. We apologize for your loss, however, we provide safes in all rooms at no charge, and we encourage guests to use them.
Future reservation issue can be resolve by simply providing a credit card that has available funds, and that does not DECLINE.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is by no means a 5 star resort, but it is a nice hotel that is reasonably priced, especially since it is right on the beach. The hotel and the rooms are very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I had friends come visit on two different days and the hotel allowed them to park in the hotel parking lot, saving about $15 - $20 in parking fees. My room was on the 5th floor facing the west and the night club next door, I actually enjoyed listening to the music from my balcony, but the music could not be heard once I was in my room and the balcony door was shut. Not sure what the other people were complaining about. The bands started playing around 2:00 PM and stopped around midnight during the week. It was nice being able to listen to the bands while on the beach or by the pool. The beach out back was great. Perfect for kids and easy to keep an eye on them while they're swimming or playing on shore. The pool is a little small, but the deck is nice and there is a hot tub also. The hotel is about a mile from Pier 60 and most restaurants. Within easy walking distance if you don't want to drive. Once i parked the car after arriving, I never moved it until the day we left. There is a miniature golf course right across the street and a couple of stores nearby if you need to get snacks, drinks, etc. Overall I was very happy with our stay at the Gulfview Hotel. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend this hotel to anyone going to Clearwater Beach.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the hotel face the bar and bands next door. If music bothers you ask for a...
1  Thank JDawg70