“Would definitely stay here again.”

GulfView Hotel - On The Beach
Ranked #71 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is by no means a 5 star resort, but it is a nice hotel that is reasonably priced, especially since it is right on the beach. The hotel and the rooms are very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I had friends come visit on two different days and the hotel allowed them to park in the hotel parking lot, saving about $15 - $20 in parking fees. My room was on the 5th floor facing the west and the night club next door, I actually enjoyed listening to the music from my balcony, but the music could not be heard once I was in my room and the balcony door was shut. Not sure what the other people were complaining about. The bands started playing around 2:00 PM and stopped around midnight during the week. It was nice being able to listen to the bands while on the beach or by the pool. The beach out back was great. Perfect for kids and easy to keep an eye on them while they're swimming or playing on shore. The pool is a little small, but the deck is nice and there is a hot tub also. The hotel is about a mile from Pier 60 and most restaurants. Within easy walking distance if you don't want to drive. Once i parked the car after arriving, I never moved it until the day we left. There is a miniature golf course right across the street and a couple of stores nearby if you need to get snacks, drinks, etc. Overall I was very happy with our stay at the Gulfview Hotel. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend this hotel to anyone going to Clearwater Beach.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the hotel face the bar and bands next door. If music bothers you ask for a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JDawg70
There are newer reviews for GulfView Hotel - On The Beach

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed the weekend (Friday and Saturday) at the Gulfview Hotel. I live locally, but needed a mini vacation. The staff was very accommodating, and gave me a room on the 5th Floor with a great view at a reasonable price. Unfortunately the door lock was broken, but when I told the Desk Staff, they had it fixed immediately! The next day I asked if Housekeeping could clean my room while I was at Breakfast, and again they went out of their way to get it done. They also provided me with towels for the pool. My only complaint was Shephards Resort next door with their loud music past midnight hindering my sleep, which the Gulfview Hotel Staff had no control over.

Room Tip: If you plan to go to bed before Midnight, then request a room on the side of the building facing IHo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were hesitant to stay at the GulfView Hotel because of some of the negative reviews. Boy were we surprised. Not only was the guy at the front desk "Jeff" an absolute nice guy but he catered to our every request. Our room didn't smell like some of the others reported. We were on the 4th floor. We loved the club next door and sat on our balcony having wine and listening to the music at night. The beach was wonderful and the pool and hot tub were very clean.

Not sure why some people feel the need to complain. We had a great time and will be back very soon.

Room Tip: We thought the 4th floor partial gulf view was perfect. We had the sunrise and the sunset and the f...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the most awful place we have ever attempted to stay. There is a very loud nightclub next door, the staff were miserable and rude. We asked for a change of room given the noise from next door was thumping, and I mean thumping through the floor boards of the room, but were told "no chance". So we left, we lost our money and if you want a really good piece of advice, Don't stay here, and DONT use Booking.com for any bookings, as you wont get your money back. They have a lovely little clause in their T&C's that means they don't have to account for the content of the websites of the hotels they advertise. This place was just plain awful. Yuck.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank C H
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Upon arrival we went to check in and the younger guy at the front desk was terrible! First of all told us we could only have one car and when we explained we had just driven 6 hours in two cars, he said he would only give us a parking pass for 1 day and we would have to take it up with the man in the morning to see if we could get another pass. Talk about an inconvenience!! Then the room was very tiny and outdated and smelled horrible!! Actually quite creepy. Also, there was hair all over the bathroom, on the bed sheets, ugh!!! I walked down the street to the Walgreens and purchased Lysol spray and came back and pretty much soaked everything!! Also right next door there is a outside bar that is EXTREMELY LOUD, and plays music until 2 am. I totally learned a lesson.....You get what you pay for!!!! Never again....

Room Tip: Not beside the bar next door!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed the night May 18, my daughter got for Mothers Day. It was older but clean, and will say no bed bugs. Service was great and friendly when we got there, we were told when we checked out at 11 we could still stay on the beach and the pool, then we checked out... everything changed the people the attitude and the friendliness. We were told we had to vacate the property by 12 and that we could not even use the beach, and who ever the guy at the desk was is very rude. For 159.00 a night we were not trying to get anything for free just a few hours on the beach. Thanks to Shephard's we did. Will not stay again and make sure that is what I will say when asked.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

For the price you are paying its a great value ! The staff was great and the location was perfect. The hotel is a little older but we were barely in the room with the beautiful beach right at the footsteps of the hotel. It was also nice to be able to hear the band playing at the hotel next door

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends