“Good location”

Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Beach
Ranked #60 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We had been to clearwater before so we knew we could just drive down from orlando and get a room. This wasnt our first choice as we went to the same hotel as we had previously stayed at but the woman at reception was rude so they lost our business. Please and thankyous cost nothing so the helpful and friendly receptionist done her job at the Magnuson and we checked in to two rooms at 11.30 as most others were 3.00pm. Rooms were spacious although a little dated but we were staying one night and the facilities were more than adequate. Breakfast was ok for a coffee and a bit of toast and pastries if you want a banquet for breakfast go to golden corral.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank burf97
There are newer reviews for Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Beach

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights while passing though Clearwater, mostly choosing it because of its convenience to the beach. My overall stay was quite pleasant, and the rooms were very clean and spacious. Location was amazing, and there was plenty to do just steps from the hotel.
So why the 1/5 rating, because of an incident that still remains to be solved. The hotel charged both my debit card (which i used to hold the reservation---directly through the Magnuson hotel website) and then charged the credit card my boyfriend gave them to swipe upon arrival. I explained to them that there was another card on file that was used to hold the reservation, and the gentleman that checked me in said that they will not charge the other card, and it was only used to hold the reservation. Mid vacation, my debit card gets declined, and when I call my bank to see why, I find that they not only charged $300 on my boyfriends credit card, but charged my debit card the same amount! on the same day!!
When I called the hotel to figure out what went wrong, they kept taking down my information, but no one ever called me back. The manager Dave does not have a schedule of when he is there, because according to the front desk lady "he is a busy man and cant be here all day"......umm isn't he the hotel manager...is it not his job to be there at least part of the day?!?!
Needless to say, still no refund, and I have just submitted a complaint to the better business bureau so they can help me out with this matter.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KZJS
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I booked a room for cinco de mayo and was actually expecting worst. I booked a double bed pool view online from their site a week advance; hotel actually filled it's capacity very early. Slightly pricey, but probably because of the location. Room was clean and spacey; no problem with pests or anything which is what I was worried about. Only issues were that the elevator stopped working and needed to be repaired and the balconys needed to be kept up with; alot of debris.
Surprisingly, I had no issues with loud or rude guests even though it was a "holiday". Staff on property were friendly enough; I don't know her name but the woman who worked the desk at night was kind enough to direct me to a store with the things I needed.
I don't know if I lucked out and was able to have a comfortable experience or other reviewers were too picky, but I wouldn't mind booking again at the Magnuson.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Awful management. Room are dirty. Staff are not friendly at all. Free breakfast is a joke. They charge extra for my 4 year old boy. Never never ever try it. Do not let the location to bring you here.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Kish123
Reviewed April 10, 2012

After reading some reviews, I was a little fearful. I was very pleasantly surprised . The room was clean ,spacious and the view was amazing!! I went in a little early and our room wasn't ready, so we ate at the Greek Resturant next door for lunch and it was fantastic.!!! We then went to the beach for about an hour and checked in around 3:00. Everything at this hotel I thought was perfect for a beach stay!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Cigarette butts littered the property. We smelled smoke from the next room and the nasty carpet in our room had burn holes

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Just returned from Staying at the Magnuson. We couldn't ask for better location and the stay was more than we excepted. We were right across from the beach and had a great view of the beach in the morning and beautiful sunsets at night. The room was larger than we thought we were going to get. It is located around shops, cafe's and restaurants. Walking to Pier 60 in the evening is a short walk to see the entertainment and vendors on the pier, plus those unbelievable sunsets!!! We went down for Phillies spring training and only used our rental car to and from the hotel, as everything was in walking distance. All the employee's were very helpful and friendly, and thanks to Dave he was able to print our boarding passes for our flight home. We are glad we picked this hotel as it fit all our needs for our five day stay. I would totally recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Clearwater Beach.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple