“Awesome value, awesome amenities!!”

Super 8 Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport
Ranked #77 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Plant City, FL
“Awesome value, awesome amenities!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2007

I feel for the location, and the price. You can not find a better hotel to stay at if you care about cost and value. Clean rooms, clean pool, friendly helpful staff, friendly courteous owner who is right on location. 10 Miles to the beach, and $200 cheaper. A hard find in a tourist area.

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank paulsimon84
Deven K, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2017
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will visit again to see all the changes we have made! We appreciate your business and your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
NY
Reviewed August 28, 2007

OK so my family went on a vacation or so thats what it is usualy called.... idk what those ppl writing good reviews are even talking about. They must be staff that worked there OR something. IT WAS AWFUL..... 4 different rooms. The first night there we had problems and had to be moved. then the 2nd room we stayed in had ROACHES....which my mother is deathlyyyy affraid of and so we where moved again to another room which we thought may be ok but come to find out HAD ROACHES ALSO.... so they moved up upstairs to a newer room/ non-smoker. we are all smokers... all well so we had to smoke out side no biggie I suppose. So they finally put us in a room that is alright for the time being/ another room down a floor. and the next day we did actauly run into the exterminater.... but as I read the reviews how many times can he come????!!!!!?????.... Altho when we contacted them about leaving and going to another hotel they wanted to charge us the entire stay that we booked plus expedia didnt want to pay for the other hotel that we where going to move to so we would have had to pay another 600 dollars on top of all the money we had already spent on the trip there for the week. and there breeakfest STINKS.... they dont even have toast. not everyone likes danishes. The pool was alright nothing to brag over but it worked and no complaints there ne ways. SO if u want to stay some wheres cheap and can deal with cockroaches and bad business then this super 8 or DUMSPTER 8 as I like to think of it.... is for you. Enjoy ur vacations!!!!

• Liked — I was able to sit at the pool and swim but it was NO BIGGIE
  • Disliked — the cockroaches
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank kandikanekutie
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. I am pleased to inform you that we have recently renovated to address the issues you have mentioned. Also, I am pleased to inform you that we have recently changed over to a 100% smoke free property. We hope that you will visit us in the future to see the changes we have made. We appreciate your business and your feedback.
Louisiana
Reviewed August 10, 2007

I arrived durning the day. around 4pm . Checked in very friendly desk clerk. No problems checking in. It was very clean in the lobby. Which i figured well it might not be so bad. My niece and I went up stairs and put our luggage in the room and we left. I was there for a week visiting my sister. we got back around 9pm there was a horrible smell, warning they use dirty water for plants and it stinks very bad. We went to bed, I was reading a book and went to put it down to goto sleep and there were roaches crawling on the table next to me. I woke my niece in panic. I am scared to death of roaches. They were on the chairs, all over the fridge and microwave. I went down to check out right then. I was told they would give me another room. Which i figured if one room had roaches so did the rest. I asked to check out again. He told me he couldn't only the manager could. I asked him to call the manager. He did, the manager advised he would take care of it in the morning and refund my money the next day. I could come back and pick it up after noon. He said it was because i had a special rate. I told him it was fine to charge me the regular rate not the special rate. They said they could not do that. They had already charged my credit card the full amount. At this time i was very upset i was paying in cash and only held the reservation with my card. So warning I would find another place. but i did get a refund for the week minus the night they charged me for leaving.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — roaches
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank cm1176
Ozone Park, New York
Reviewed February 6, 2007

My friend and I were on a budget but were afraid a low priced hotel in the Tampa area equaled big problems with cleanliness and service. However, we were pleaseantly surprised with this Super 8. We arrived at 2 am and were greeted by a nice man named Joe who took real good care of us The initial room he put us in didn't have any working lights, so he gladly changed us to another room. The room itself was clean and stocked with coffee/towels/etc... The motel is right next to a 24 hour McDonalds and an almost 24 hour Taco Bell for any late night snack cravings. Also, it's only a 15 minute car ride into Tampa or St. Petersburg. Not a bad location at all.

Our room charge was $59.99 per night.

The only downside was the complimentary breakfast, which didn't consist of anything, really. I was hoping for at least cereal...

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank meribon
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 23, 2006

Hotel is a good value stay. We were there to sight see & did not spend a lot of time in the hotel. They were upgrading while we were there. Refrig & Micro in room. Clean and friendly staff. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Bax12
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2006

We spent 1 night at the super 8 1326 34th st n ulmerton in st pete the smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling by its wires, the bed was off center from the frame and rusty metal was sticking out from one side of the bed. I was glad nobody was injured by it. also my grandsons feet were black from walking on the carpet. I will not recommed this motel to anyone. p. from missouri

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2005

The Super 8 by the Clearwater/St. Petersburg airport is perfect if you're looking for a basic, clean hotel. It doesn't offer many frills, but is quiet, clean and offers a continental breakfast. Note that the first floor rooms only have high speed internet access, if this is important be sure to ask for one. The hotel is also near many restaurants such as Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, McDonald's, etc. You really can't beat it for under $50. We would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2005