“Expensive mediocrity”

Watercolour Grillhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Watercolour Grillhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 691 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Come into our Lounge and see Alexa and Rick and try Our New 5, 10, 20 Menu!
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Expensive mediocrity”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This place would be average anywhere else, but for the prices they charge I expect better.

Despite sitting about six feet from the ocean the calamari we ordered to start with was clearly frozen. The waiter said it wasn't but I just don't believe it, it was terrible a. I ordered a steak and like other reviews, I agree that their "special seasoning" is foul. These are good quality steaks completely ruined by a disgusting olive oil, garlic and mushroom taste that is so overpowering, you can't actually taste the meat. Not what I expect for a $40 steak.

To be honest I'd go elsewhere, there's much better for a lot, lot cheaper around.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank IS_Scotland

Scranton, PA
“Very very good...but not great...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Tough review here...very tough...Because the valet was super nice...the hostess was super friendly...the waiter was GREAT all around...However, when you charge people high prices for food, you have a certain expectation of what you are going to receive...To be blunt, it was a 4 star experience for 5 star prices...So if money is no issue, you will have a very good meal here, and INCREDIBLE service, but it's it doesn't fully live up to the cost.

New York City, New York
“Nice View if the water but that's all”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were meeting friends and wanted to have a nice lunch with water view. The location is great on the water next to the hotel beach club and was very pretty but that is it in general there are no reasons to go back....

The restaurant looked nice enough but it was like time warping into the 70's stodgy. The menu for lunch was not what they had on the website a really poor selection of food in fact they only offered two entrees it was almost a none existent menu.

I order the angus burger to keep it simple and got back a soggy bun with what seemed like a frozen burger that had been heated up - almost inedible there was no taste to the meat. The salads were so smothered in dressing you couldn't taste the vegetables. The bread was stale and the desserts tasted frozen too.... forzen key lime pie in Florida unforgiveable... come on!.

Just really bad food not what I expected from a Marriott that charges $300 plus a night and then to top it all off they charged NYC prices. I am from NYC so use to paying more for food but never when it is this bad.

I did leave a nice tip as I couldn't fault the service - professional, attentive and friendly too bad the kitchen doesnt stack up and lets the servers down. I would recommend eating at the many other places on the beach front - tho cheesy they def have better food.

And finally the Hotel has a parrot or macaw in the lobby - boy is it noisy - if you want to chat and eat while you have a screaming bird 10 ft away then this is the place for you

1 Thank Nyxtian
Hainesport, New Jersey
“A pretty tasty 4 stars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

A very good nice cut of Filet Mignon -- a little over priced.... but it is located in a vacation destination, so you have to take that into consideration.

You will not be disappointed despite the restaurant being located in the hotel. The presentation of the food was some what lackluster -- but the service, quality of the food and wine selection made up for it.

The atmosphere is very nice -- I would recommend it and AM -- but since we have a summer home about
30 minutes from the restaurant - I wouldn't make it a MUST go to place every 2 months, twice a year would be sufficient since the general area has so many wonderful choices.

You will enjoy the evening!

Bon Appetit!

• Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Very disappointing!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The only great thing about this place is the view, but that's where it ends. The restaurant is located right off the lobby so there were plenty of kids in wet, drippy bathing suits running right behind our table. No one stopped them and the kids were very loud.

Food: My husband ordered the porterhouse steak medium rare. It came out well done. He sent it back and the waiter didn't apologize. He just looked at it to make sure it was well done and turned around and walked away with the steak. He brought out a second one and it was undercooked but my husband ate it anyway. The flavor was good, but if you don't like olives, then you won't like the "secret" recipe sauce of olives, garlic and mushrooms over the top. It killed the taste of the steak because it was very strong.

I ordered the Snapper. It came out over seasoned and very salty. I sent it back and after my husband finished his steak, my second snapper arrived. No seasoning whatsoever so it was very dry and bland with burnt grill marks. The broccoli with hollandaise sauce was sitting in a water bath so the "sauce" was floating on top of the water. The sauce was also a cheese sauce, not true hollandaise.

After I showed the waiter, he got defensive and said..."well, we are known for our steaks and that's about it.".. I kind of chuckled at his response. Ultimately, we were ready to pay for the bill but our waiter came out with an attitude with his arms raised and said that they took care of the bill because obviously we were not happy. No apology. So, we left a tip and decided to never come back. Their steaks are not even close to Charley's Steak House or Berns in Tampa.

This restaurant boasts on being one of the top steakhouses in Tampa. Far from it. Save your money because this place is expensive and you will leave unhappy. The server and chef need to be replaced or else their reputation will be going downhill fast.

1 Thank Terryluvsthegulf