“Christmas Day”

Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater
Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Chose this hotl for its close location to Clearwater Airport. I had booked two rooms for my Wife and I and our Daughters family for one night.

We had decided to visit Tampa and stay overnight to catch an early flight from Clearwater airport.

The rooms were both very clean with good condition carpet and furniture and they didn't smell like the typical stale hotel. The rooms even had flat screen TVs as opposed to normal old CRTs. The bathrooms were very clean and in excellent condition. The room was very comfortable and we settled down nicely after the young child above decided to stop jumping around causing some noise.

We all had a good nights sleep and had an excellent breakfast before we left for the airport.

We would definitely stay at this Hotel again.

Room Tip: Go for a top floor room to avoid that noisey child.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear AdrianClark33928,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here because of the location to family at Christmas. The fireplace was awesome. The rooms are remodeled to look like all the other Residence Inn so the comfort and decor is just as you expect.

The gym is very small but clean. The breakfast was so-so as the powdered eggs tasted very fake. So this was not the best food I have gotten at a Residence Inn. That was the only complaint.

Overall, we always try to stay at a residence Inn where ever we go and this was a great stay and exactly what we expected as far as Marriott quality goes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! I am happy that you had a good stay and that you were pleased with our fireplaces and remodeled spacious suites. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great choice! I booked this hotel for our sports group and our only disappointment was that we had to spend so much time on the field and not at the hotel enjoying amenities! This property was one of the cleanest I've ever seen, including hotels such as the Ritz, etc. Our suite was spotless and very well-appointed. We enjoyed comfortable bedding, flat screen TVs, updated full kitchen, comfortable baths and roomy closets. We had a fireplace in the room that we (very unfortunately) did not have the time to use. The firepit near the pool called to our group both nights of our stay, but we were tied up with our sports event and had to sleep early/rise early. There was another group during our stay enjoying the firepit and pool area...it looked so nice and relaxing! There is also a "sport court" (basketball/volleyball combo) that our group enjoyed. The complimentary breakfast is Marriott standard, not great/not bad but really a very nice perk. The room size, condition and cleanliness, the grounds maintenance and the fantastic service from ALL departments are the reason to stay at this property and the reason we will be back. The location is quite central... a short drive to downtown Tampa, also a short drive to either Clearwater or St. Pete Beaches, to Dunedin, etc. There is plenty of shopping and dining nearby. This is a great choice for either a short or an extended stay. Thank you, Residence Inn St. Pete/Clearwater!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mamamooch
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear mamamooch,

Thank you for sharing your outstanding experience at the Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater! We take great pride in making sure the sports teams and organizations that choose the St. Petersburg Clearwater area are 100% satisified in their location and hotel choice. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying at our hotel and all of the amenities we have to offer. I can't wait to share your compliments with the staff! We have a wonderful team who takes pride in taking care of our guests. We hope to see you again for your next tournament.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I am really happy with this hotel and their staff specially Deissy Villa, she cleans my room and she provide the best customer service am sure i am not the only one who likes her she always make sure to get everything i want i am really happy......

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Faisal D,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding our team. I can't wait to share your compliments with Deissy and the entire staff! We do have a wonderful team who takes prides in taking care of our guests and I am happy that you have experienced this service.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We spent 3 nights October 12-15. The staff are some of the friendliest I have met, the breakfast was definitely above average with more hot options than most places have. Rooms were quite clean and comfortable.

The only warning I have is about the volleyball/basketball court. I appreciate that it is there, certainly. My family had some time on Sunday afternoon to spend relaxing so we went out and hit the volleyball around a little. Unfortunately my 2 year old, in her exuberance, tried over my feet and face planted on the court surface, which is hard plastic tiles with an uneven pattern on them, and split open her lower lip rather badly. To be 100% clear I do not blame the hotel for this accident at all. It was an accident typical of a little one. Hotel staff were very helpful in getting us back to our room quickly so we could put pressure on the wound and they found us a nearby urgent care facility. Urgent care sent us on to All Children's Hospital because they weren't willing to attempt to stitch a lip... And after a nap on the ride down and 4 stitches our little one was ready to play again. I tell the story to first thank the staff for the help and second to mention that these tiles on the court could probably do some damage to an adult's knees or elbows too... so of you go out to play, be careful! But enjoy the facility also .

• Stayed: October 2013
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Romegaguy,

I am so sorry to hear about the injury your little one suffered while playing on the Sport Court at our hotel. I have lttle guys myself, so I know how you feel. I hope that she is feeling better. I am glad to hear that our team reacted appropriately and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Marriott hotel chain has always provided me and my family an exceptional service regardless of the location and this time it was no different. I am currently on a "business" trip for the Armed Forces and the level of care and professionalism of staff is great. The Residence Inn as a facility also has all the amenities that one needs to have a comfortable stay, whether for business or pleasure. The rooms are very clean which are serviced every day along with a slew of other services. Free breakfast and nightly social hour are definitely a big plus. If one desires more options for formal business meetings within hotel premises I would suggest Courtyard. Furthermore, Marriott always rewards you for staying in their hotel with their rewards system which is fairly good.

Indeed Residence Inn by Marriott is one the best hotels in Clearwater, Florida.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are great, because they feature an upstairs sleeping area and a private downstairs &q...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alexander G
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Alexander G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! I am pleased to hear what an enjoyable stay you had and that you were pleased with all of the wonderful amenities we have to offer and our fantastic team. We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the Residence Inn. We were in a two bedroom suite that was very spacious. We loved the unique layout as a "condo" style hotel. The unit was very updated and clean and there was incredibly quiet. The staff was more than accommodating and very friendly. The hotel is in a very good location to visit local beaches restaurants. The morning breakfast was very good with many choices and the staff, again, was very friendly and hard working. I would definitely recommend this Residence Inn and would absolutely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in an upstairs suite that offered a two bedroom style unit with a bedroom and full bath do...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear carpdrc,

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience at the Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater. It is so great to hear from our guests who have had a pleasant experience at our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!