“Great Place to Relax”

Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Place to Relax”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the Residence Inn. We were in a two bedroom suite that was very spacious. We loved the unique layout as a "condo" style hotel. The unit was very updated and clean and there was incredibly quiet. The staff was more than accommodating and very friendly. The hotel is in a very good location to visit local beaches restaurants. The morning breakfast was very good with many choices and the staff, again, was very friendly and hard working. I would definitely recommend this Residence Inn and would absolutely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in an upstairs suite that offered a two bedroom style unit with a bedroom and full bath do...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear carpdrc,

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience at the Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater. It is so great to hear from our guests who have had a pleasant experience at our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Denise Kauble

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed September 9, 2013

From first impression to last, we have nothing but good things to say. The staff works very hard at making sure you enjoy your stay. Everyone was very professional and accommodating. Room was very clean. We certainly recommend this property. We really enjoyed the pool and barbecue areas. Met some very nice people, which made our stay even better.

Room Tip: Would not hesitate to rebook this property. Had an upstairs unit which overlooked pool, which was gr...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Conradjo23
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Conradjo23,

I really appreciate the time you took to share your experience at the Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater. It is an honor to be recommended by guests who have had a pleasant experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the this hotel/Residence Inn St. Peter/Clearwater Aug 30-Sept 1 (2 nights). When I travel, I'm usually very particular of the hotel room amenities, hotel amenities, and room layout because I have a 1 year old daughter. This hotel was perfect for us because it had an apartment style room, it was spacious enough for my 1 year old daughter to explore and run around, it had a sink, dishwasher, stove, microwave, refrigerator and all the necessary items to eat/drink/cook. The shower was separate from the sink/vanity which is always a plus because we need to keep the bathroom door closed for baby safety. The room had a fireplace and although it's a really nice touch to see one in FL, it was somewhat of an obstacle for our little one as she was curious to explore. We resolved that by putting the coffee table infront of the fireplace.

The room was clean and although the beds (felt like I was sinking/memory foam type bed, not sure) weren't that comfortable for me, the room was comfortable for my daughter, which is what matters most. Customer service was excellent, they already had the pack n play/crib for my baby to sleep inside the room when we arrived. It was clean and served it's purpose.

The first night though while I was sitting in the living area, I had placed my drink down on the side table and when I went to pick it up there was small roach - YIKES - my husband took care if it right away and luckily there were no others seen the entire rest of the stay, I try to chalk it up to humid weather, sometimes that happens.

The first day we tried to get breakfast but unfortunately it was raining heavily and our room was a bit far to walk over, especially with a baby - ended up going to get food at the nearest McDonalds and bringing it back to the room. We used one of the 2 chairs available for the baby as high chair so often my husband stood by us and ate that way - another chair would be really great.

The next day my husband went over to the lobby area at breakfast time and it took him about 45 minutes to come back with 2 waffles/eggs/potatos/biscuit. There are no trays for guests to carry their food back to their room and since the seating area is busy with other guests we always opt to eat in our room - easier with a 1 year old. The breakfast was convenient and its free so it's much appreciated, but the waffles had a strange taste to them and by the time we got to eat them they were cold. Will have to think of a better approach to breakfast next time around.

One other thing that was a challenge with this room format was there is no clear divider between the beds and the living area so for the babys bed time it was a bit challenging because she couldn't go to bed seeing we were still up and relaxing in the living area. Not the hotels fault though, but something for families with babies to watch out for. We had a first floor room which was great and convenient with a baby but the noise level from the upstairs guests was a little loud, it sounded like stomping.

Overall this hotel was great, it was clean, very comfortable and served its purpose I recommend it to those with families, if you have a baby there could be some some adjustments to be made and planning ahead.

1 Thank dlmyvette
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear dlmyvette

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel amenities and spacious suites. We really want to see you return in the future and prepare better for the little one. If youdo plan a trip to stay with us, please let us know and we would be happy to put a baby gate in front of the fireplace to avoid the little one trying to explore it. We can also plan to have a highchair for you, so your husband isn't left standing to eat. I am sorry the breakfast was a little crazy over the holiday weekend, but it is usually the quietest during the first hour.
I also apologize that there was a bug in the room, this Florida weather has them coming out of the woodwork. We do routine service and look in every nook and cranny of the room to avoid any guest contact, but they sometimes find their way in. Again, your feedback is truly appreciated and we hope to see you again in the future!

Islamorada, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We only stayed one night at the Residence Inn. We were in a two bedroom suite and were very impressed with the unit. Not only the layout was unique (townhouse) style but it was very updated. We caught the tail end of the breakfast time so the choices were limited but what we did have was good. We live in the Florida Keys and have family in the St Pete area so I'm sure we will be staying here again.

1 Thank HaabFLKeys
Weekend trips are always fun and I am happy to hear that our hotel was the right choice for you. Thank you for sharing your experience about our spacious suites. We hope to see you for your next "Weekend Getaway".

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I did not hesitate to make my reservations again at the Residence Inn when I returned to the St Petersburg/ Clearwater area. My previous visit was so enjoyable. I made my reservation originally and then plans changed. Called the hotel and they had no problem helping me updating my request.
All the staff were so helpful. I would especially like to tell you about our maid Julie. She went out of her way to be helpful to our family, even my little dog. She is an extremely friendly person and she is asset to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
The best compliment we can ever receive is a guest who returns because of a previous positive experience! My staff and I truly thank you for returning and for sharing your feedback with other travelers. I will be sure to share your feedback with Julie, she is an asset to our team and I am happy to hear that our guests see that also.

We can't wait to see you again soon!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a nice clean well kept property about 9 miles due east of indian rocks beach. The staff is freindly, the ammenities well kept and the breakfast and evening get togethers are done well. I will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: The higher the building number, the further you are fronm the street
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the future!
IA
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed at this RI for 11 days in August and it has been one of the best hotel experiences I have had anywhere. The staff is extremely friendly and polite, not just some but everyone. No request is too much, from printing directions to coupons for the local dry cleaner they are eager to please. It was nice to come back to a clean and well maintained room after a day’s work or going to the beach to find a personal note left by the housekeeper (Marshall) asking if there was anything he could do to make my stay more enjoyable. I expect this level of service when I stay at the Ritz or Four Seasons, but appreciate it even more when it is just genuinely good customer service. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IAdivers
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn St.Petersburg Clearwater! I am pleased to here that you enjoyed staying at our hotel and all the amenities we have to offer. I will be happy to share your comments with our wonderful team. They take pride in taking care of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.