“Excellent room but....”

Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater
Ranked #39 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
“Excellent room but....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I recently spend 4 nights at The Residence Inn. We stayed in a 2 bedroom second floor room. The kitchen was outfitted perfectly. The staff was outstanding and accommodating. The only thing negative was not the fault of the hotel. I am not sure of its proximity to a police station or hospital but every night the sirens were wailing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn St.Petersburg Clearwater! I am pleased to here that you enjoyed our spacious suites. I am truly sorry to hear about the noise you encountered. If you do return in the future and experience the inconvenience of noise, we do offer earplugs, headphones and alarm clocks that provide sleep sounds to help you get a peaceful night sleep. Our goal is for every guest to have a perfect stay and we hope to see you again!

Denise Kauble

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
wilmington, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Residence Inn was very well furnished and designed. It had a nice kitchen, living room, 2 double beds, and a well appointed bathroom. The pool was nice and they had an evening fire pit. There is also a sports/basketball/volleyball court beside the pool. Each morning there is a free buffet breakfast, and Monday through Thursday night they have simple food fare, such as tacos or soup along with wine, beer, and tea. My wife and I were there six nights and found everything exceptional, including the staff of Jeff, Tim, and Elizabeth, who were most helpful and friendly. It's close to everything around Clearwater/St. Pete, as well as a short ride across the bay to Tampa. Lot's to do and see there.

Room Tip: We were in room 911 and found it to be very quiet and nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kagnew
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn St.Petersburg Clearwater! It is great to hear that you were happy with our spacious suites, location and all the amenities we have to offer. I am also excited to pass on your compliments to our outstanding Front Desk team and we all look forward to seeing you again in the future.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Wonderful visit . Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. Lovely place. Bedroom #1 French doors king room N-I-C-E!!!! Bedroom #2 Loft equally nice! Full kitchen. I would like to have that kitchen at home. Marble counter top. Full refrigerator and dishwasher. 2 full baths. Breakfast was great. Stayed on weekend so breakfast only but Monday-Thrusday they serve a dinner. Staff were eager to please every request.

Room Tip: Dog Friendly.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! I am so happy to hear what an enjoyable stay you had and that you were pleased with our updated, spacious suites. We hope to see you again in the future!

Carmel, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

At the last minute, we needed a reservation & knowing the good quality of Residence Inns, did not hesitate to book here. We were not disappointed. The room we had was beautiful, had a fireplace, very comfortable bed & full kitchen. Very roomy & had everything we needed although there were a few knats I kept swatting at. The check-in staff was very friendly & even though our room wasn't ready when we arrived, we left for about 30 minutes, returned & we were good to check-in. The staff was very pleasant throughout out stay & recommended a restaurant to us. The location was a bit out of the way from where I needed to be & since I am not from the area, when I was making my reservation & asked about how close they were to a certain location, that would have been the perfect time for them to tell me they had another location almost right on top of where I needed to be. As it was, this particular location was about a 20 minute drive away. There was major construction going on with I-9 north & south that made travel to/from very challenging.

Room Tip: Room 1022 was very nice & in a quiet area
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DDDFJD
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with our spacious suites, as well as our many amenities. We hope to see you again in the future!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

First off, know that I have high status in the Marriott chain. As a Residence Inn goes, this is the old style layout (more condo like) and candidly my favorite.

The room wasn't ready when I got there (it was early) but staff did everything they could to make me feel welcome. Elizabeth especially went out of her way to work with me in arranging the room and the second room which I had gotten for my family the second day. There was a small issue with that second room the next day (Elizabeth had left) but staff immediately took care of it.

The room are updated, comfortable and quiet (at least in the back half) and the breakfast is pretty good. Staff is very helpful and the location is central.

I enjoyed every bit of this stay. It isn't a resort, if that is what you are looking for then move on, but if a solid stay, in a central location that is comfortable is what you are looking for, then it is perfect. I should note that it appears sold out all the time, tells me something about it.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Try and be in the back...it's quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your great experience at our hotel! I am pleased to hear what an enjoyable stay you had and that Elizabeth did such a great job! I also want to thank you for your Elite status and your loyalty to our Marriott family. We hope to see you again in the future!

Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a very nice property. We were greeted at check-in promptly and were allowed to checkin early. This was a bonus. We checked in for one night New Year's Eve, it was the last night of a 7 night stay and we wanted to stay in town versus the beach. We used rewards to stay here but brought our mini yorkie and for one night we were charged $100. This seems to be excessive. However, we paid it. Keeping in mind we just paid 25.00 to stay on the beach for our pet for an entire week. Moving on...the location of this property is very good. It is close to food and not too far to the airport. We were able to go to the pool but there was a lack of lounge chairs to sit on. They were all taken. They should add more of these. As well, perhaps the addition of a pool towel station where you could get towels without having to go to the front desk would be great. Or they could even leave 2 of them in your hotel room for you. The residence inn also offers a nightly buffet with a few items for guests but because this was new years eve they didnt offer anything. This too was a disappointment. The room was very nice but the beds are small (doubles) for 2 people who are used to sleeping in a king size bed. Overall, I would stay here again as it was a nice property and well maintained.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and giving us a high recommendation. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and will look into some of your suggestions as well. We hope to see you again in the future!
Pensacola
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here over Christmas 2012. The experience was very pleasant. Room and bed were exceptionally clean and comfortable. Housekeeping staff are helpful and polite and went out of their way to accommodate your every need. The pool and hot spa are spotlessly clean and all the surrounding grounds are meticulously maintained. Breakfast is hot or cold with many choices from homemade waffles and eggs to fresh fruit and yogurt parfaits. This place deserves its five stars. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Standard suites and larger suites with two bedrooms with couch, recliner and nicely equipped kitchen...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Happy Holidays and thank you for spending Christmas with our family at the Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater! The staff and I are happy that you were able to enjoy breakfast, our comfortable suites and the Florida weather out by the pool. We take pride in giving each of our guests an exceptional experience and hope that we will see you again. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about our hotel!