“I'll Be Back”

Rodeway Inn Clearwater
Ranked #90 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Nice,quiet,& clean. Very nice staff,all willing to help,etc.Near what I needed to do. Pool was nice & clean. When I checked in I was told if I needed anything to call them and I did , my remote wasn't working,they maintenance man was up right away , will definitely be back when I am in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The Indian man at desk was very disrespectful. Called to ask if he could bring plunger for stopped up Toilet he said come get out yourself and hung up. When i got to office asked for number to owner our someone over him he said no take plunger and get out asked again he said no and if you don't like it you can check out. I was shocked and left immediately without refund. Please don't waste time or money to be disrespected.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed May 21, 2013

When I walked in I laid my ID and credit card on the counter, but the man at the desk was counting his money and kept up counting while I waited. It took awhile then he takes me cards and looks in the computer. He creates a new booking and gets it all ready and tells me the rate. I was already booked, as an award stay. He was so busy with his money he never said a thing to me. When he finds out its an award, he wants to argue with me as to why I gave him my credit card then! Most hotels even when free want a credit card just incase you call, use or order something, or just all around policy. Ive been traveling since before this guy was born! I dont need to argue over that! Had it not been past the cut off I just would have walked out and saved the points and gone elsewhere. This guy wouldnt be the type that could even hold down a minimum wage job at McD or WalMart! No customer service scruples at all.

I get the room. Its on the top floor. The whole place is run down badly. The room has a chair outside the window. Hmm? Guess people like to hang out outside. Smells better outside.
The room was rather large. It was a non smoking room but there were cigarette burns in the blanket. The sheets were clean though. The bed was ok too. The chair at the desk collapsed to the very bottom when you sat in it. An office type chair that had seen better days. The handle to adjust wasnt working any longer.

The TV was a Zenith from the 1990s. The toilet was loose and wobbled. If your used to the choice hotels little plastic shampoo, lotion and conditioner, always three...this one had one only.
One soap. Carpet was dirty. Overall not a very good place.

The building does have many living there. Yet Id say when I was there is was mostly vacant. Very low occupancy. The pool was open but I dont use it but looked ok. The spa was closed with that yellow tape put all around it to warn you to keep away!

I did hear people coming and going and talking at various times in the night but not terrible as some others mention in their reviews. Guess it depends on the night.

The sign on the street says breakfast weekly. ? Not seen that at a choice hotel before. Maybe its a reward for the live in people to keep them happy one time a week?? I dont know.

Overall if this is the same price as other options take the other option! If its way cheaper than the others and your on a budget, go for it! Remember off season in Florida most places are not full. This was May 2013 and no place anywhere I stayed in 8 days in a row, 8 diff choice hotels, seemed full at all. Many places--other chains and independents have specials on their boards. Remember if its not high season, YOU GOT CHOICES!

Room Tip: Id venture a guess there are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank MikeATL
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I flew into St. Pete Clearwater and needed to stay one night and then move on. I used some points we had accumulated to get a free night. I still felt cheated. Nowhere on the web site did it mention the strip club next door as nearby attractions. The linens were stained, got interupted from sleep at 3:00 AM by a call from "Moochie". The staff seemed to care but the condition and location were too much to overcome. Never again at any Roadway Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed July 30, 2012

First off, when you see a strip club next door you know it's probably not the best hotel (not to mention locals saying not only is it a strip club but the most disgusting in the area). At some point it was probably okay but it's awful now. You only get a few towels no matter how many people are in a room. And don't even think of asking for more toilet paper. I came here with my aunt, her 2 little girls, and her best friend. 5 people. Couldn't get more than one roll. The maids didn't change the comforters when they "cleaned" the room and they obviously needed change as there was blood on one. And we're quite sure they stole some items from us.

From the moment we checked in until the moment we decided we had enough and found a different hotel police were there. Constantly. How many hotels need constant police surveillance??? Any women staying here can and most likely will be harassed by the police thinking she's a prostitute or a junkie because apparently both drugs and hookers just go with this "hotel".

Also, with the highway and construction going on right there, nothing is easily accessible leaving there.

Terrible doesn't even begin to describe it. Unless you're practically broke and/or homeless, DO NOT stay here.

P.S. The website for Rodeway Inn is clearly not updating their site picture anytime soon. It looks nowhere near as nice in person. It looks old and yellow now.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank E_R720
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

It is located next to a gentleman's club. It is not conveniently located because of construction and one-way roads to a convenience store or grocery store. The room was a good size. The beds were hard there were no extra pillows or blankets available. We made reservations for two children and two adults and were only given three hand
towels and three bath towels. After leaving the pool area I stopped in the lobby to request one additional bath towel only to be greeted by the associate on-duty yelling at me and hollering at me to get out of the lobby because I was wet from the pool area. I refuse to leave and after 5 to 7 minutes of back and forth with this person he finally gave me a bath
towel. He insisted that we use the towels already available in the room and bring
him the dirty ones and he would replace them with clean once I refuse this saying because of the people in the parking lot I was not comfortable coming back out into the parking lot to travel to the lobby. This is really unfortunate because the
room and the price we're decent. Overall I like choice hotel properties but would
never stay at this location again even if it were free.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Toribelle28
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This hotel is right on us 19 perfect for any one who wants to clarwater beach or get some job done. rooms are large and speciace at reasonable prie. And imoportant thing tripadvisonr is not and 100% reliable source for the review because on this web non guest or ex employee can also poast review.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family