“Great location! Perfect view!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach
Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
“Great location! Perfect view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to stay in Clearwater for a couple of nights. Arrived Sun afternoon. There is a lot of hotels to choose from so we decided to pick a well known hotel. A little pricey but we were walk ins so I expected to get the make believe inflated price that comes out of the land of Oz. But it was worth it. We had the best view. The service was good nothing over the top but we're aren't needy. The rooms with the view are located over the pool and bar so it's a little noisy but it's not a library we didn't expect people to keep it down during nap time. We didn't get a chance to see any cockroaches but you know this is Florida, which was once a swamp, so we're bound to run into a few at some point. Who knows maybe they're on vacation too.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jerico7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
ma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel was fine for a vacation spot if traveling with no kids. clean rooms and pleasant staff were off set by small pool lack of pool chairs and $12.00 a day parking charge. You pay for parking but have trouble finding a space since the hotel allows beach parking at $20.00 a day. most annoying.

Room Tip: the buffet breakfast which promises seasonal fruit.....bananas was a disappointment.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
South Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Myself, my husband and my 10 year old son stayed here, 3 nights March 27-29, 2013. We paid a lot to be on the beach and ended up with a room facing the parking lot. This Hotel is run down, a lot of wear and tear, basic room you would expect in a cheaper place .On our last night we returned to our room to find a decent sized cockroach in one of the beds. I wrapped up that sucker and went to the front desk. When someone finally acknowleged me I asked for a manager, spoke with a big guy named Christopher (if I remembered his last name I would print it), I explained the cockroach, handed over the tissue with cockroach. His way of fixing the problem was to change the linens, said he would have the room sprayed and offered me free parking and a voucher for breakfast, he said he was not autherized to do anything else and would have to contact his super. I told him to get in touch with his super., breakfast was useless because we were leaving first thing in the morning and I would take free parking but did not feel satisfied with his response.
We came back to the room 1hour later to find another smaller cockroach in one of the trash containers in the room. Upon checkout I mentioned situation at front desk, found out Christopher had never even taken off the parking fee, left my name and phone number once again for someone to contact me that I was dissatisfied with situation. I have still never received a phone call from Christopher or his superviser! I will NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn ever again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ColetteSouthJersey
GM-ClwrBeach, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear ColletteSouthJersey:

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us.

We rely on you, our guests to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet the needs of our customers. Customer satisfaction is our main focus and I am deeply saddened to hear we were unable to address your concerns while you were staying with us, and for the lack of follow-up.

I would love the opportunity to speak to you more in depth on this issue. You can reach me at either (727) 447-6461 x 7042 or cbottger@clearwaterbeachholidayinn.com

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Best Regards,

Christine Bottger
england
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'll start with the good points:
good location only a short walk from pier 60
Good size rooms for families (gulf view suite)
Pool towels provided.
Unfortunately that's where the good points end and the bad points begin:
When we booked we had requested a high floor and we followed this up with an email a couple of days before arrival. So we were disappointed when we arrived and were given the 1st floor up and even more disappointed when our reasons for not wanting a low floor were realised - the noise. People in the pool and at bar late kept the kids from getting to sleep. would probably recommend this hotel to party goers rather than families.
The room was a good size although a little tired. The air conditioning unit was so loud we had to turn it off at night and there was a loud banging every so often coming from the unit in the lounge area which I think may have come from the laundry room below.
Not very friendly/helpful staff, we asked at reception for a corkscrew and were told no but they'll have one behind the bar, but they probably won't let you use it (helpful!) So we asked in the gift shop but they didn't sell them either :-(
The lobby and restaurant had a funky smell and I didn't think the place was particularly clean.
In conclusion I will defiantly be returning to Clearwater but will not be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank disneymumEngland
Dear DisneymumEngland

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. Customer satisfaction is high on our list, and we are saddened to hear we did not achieve this during your stay. You have provided us valuable feedback in regards to having something as simple as a corkscrew available at all times for our guests. Suggestion and comments like yours let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet the needs of our guests.

I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay with us in more detail. You may reach me directly at cbottger@clearwaterbeachholidayinn.com.

Best Regards,

Christine Bottger
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed there for 3 days march 27, everyone was friendly ,hotel was clean, my room was clean. Had a great time at jimmy's food was good ,drinks were good, bar tenders were great, jazzy jenny makes a killer bloody mary!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed here for 13 nights in room 316 and had no complaints. The bed was very comfortable, and you could ask for exactly what sort of pillow you would like. We had a niggle that we always seemed to be one of the last rooms to be serviced, around 4.30ish, and sometimes towels were in short supply by then (!) but the front desk usually came up trumps by supplying them later in the evening. However, the room was always kept spotlessly clean. This room had a kitchenette complete with crockery and cutlery, washing up liquid, and, on good days, a tea towel and washing up cloth. We saw dolphins from the balcony every day together with numerous sorts of sea birds. We found the music from the bar below to be very pleasant most of the time, and closing the balcony door muted the sound if it was not to our taste. Usually it finished by 10 pm, amazingly early for a holiday resort hotel. All the staff we encountered were helpful, efficient and polite. The laundromat and dryer were very useful. Jimmy's restaurant staff were equally efficient, how hard they work to serve everybody. The lifts were rather slow coming at times but as we were on holiday and had plenty of time this did not bother us. Reception were even kind enough to lend my husband a pair of crutches as he was unfortunate and broke a big toe when there!! We hope to be back some time.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for a Gulf View Room. They have double beds not twin, but the beds are BIG!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hotel was just as nice as last year. Room and bathroom were very clean as were the commons areas within the hotel. Elevators on the slow side. Staff friendly and helpful. Asked for late check out and they gave us an extra hour. They were also able to store our luggage for us until we were ready to leave for the airport.
Restaurant: Food is good and price is reasonable. I found the menu to be very limited. Great Tiki bar by the pool.
Only negative was that the pool towels are a bit discolored and worn.
Location is great and the views for our room were terrific.
There really are no negatives and would have no problem recommending the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: spend a little more for water front
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends