“Great stay, terrific value, superb location!”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #61 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was supposed to stay at grandmas house and it was too small for my family of four. We booked Clarion at 3:30am our first night. I was very happy with our stay. It was crowded but everyone kept to themselves. Quiet, which I love. My kids loved the breakfast every morning. Service at breakfast was great, keeping everything stocked with fresh food. Staff at hotel was wonderful upon check in and out. You can't beat the location and price for the area. Everything is in close proximity... target, Starbucks, and smokey bones were our local faves during our stay. Very happy with our stay at the Clarion verses grandmas couch lol

• Stayed: July 2013
Tina G, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay and I must agree a sleep number bed beats grandmas couch for sure. Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Clearwater. Thank you for your response :)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband, myself and 2 girls stayed here in mid June for 4 nights. It was a great price from booking.com. I always inspect our hotel room as soon as we arrive. I am pleased to say that I found the room to be clean, and seemed comfortable. It had a mini fridge, microwave and small kitchen sink. Lots of cabinet space if you bring along food or home goods. In addition to the 2 queen beds there was a nice size sitting area. I really appreciated the extra space because we brought along beach everything...lol. Housekeeping was very friendly. They did a great job and even lined the girls stuffed toys and dolls across their bed. The free hot breakfast was yummy to my husband because he's a breakfast man. They offered cereal and pastry as well so the kids we happy. I had coffee for breakfast as usual. The common areas of the hotel as well as the pool area was clean and well lit at night. Only 2 negatives I found. 1. The laundry room was at the opposite end of the hotel from our room so a more central location would have been nice and they only had few washers and dryers for a large hotel. 2. This negative is silly but so true! Our room only had 2 tiny bathroom sized trash cans. With a family of 4 and the fact that our room included microwave and fridge.... please management... larger trash cans!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your response. Glad you enjoyed everything. Our housekeeping girls do do a great job. They all have been with us for many years and take great pride in their jobs. If you would have asked for a bigger trash can we would have been more than happy to assist you with that. On your next trip to us when you check in just ask and we will be more than happy to get you one :) Thank you again for taking the time to inform us that you had a wonderful stay :)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past 3 yrs. We have stayed as long as a week and and as short as 2 days. The breakfast has always been good every time we have been there. This past trip 2 days ago July 6 & 7, 2013 we had scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage links and pancakes. They also had some fresh fruit , toast, orange juice, apple juice, grapefruit juice, and all the milks and cereals. In the past they had waffle maker but people waited in line for it and its kind of messy anyway so this trip they had pancakes which were ok. We stayed in a suite for the 1st time this trip and were pleased with it. It has a separate living/den area with tv which is great for kids. The pool was great as usual, they have a jacuzzi pool, kids pool and regular pool. We have always enjoyed ourselves at the pool there. They provide cribs for infants which we utilized. They have Free Wi-Fi which we always use. We can't complain about the property, it may be older but it is a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room is you want to be able to look out onto the pool. We have stayed in all the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We take great pride in our pool, kiddie pool and jacuzzi. Our pool area is the largest of the hotels in our area. Our breakfast does have a huge variety, glad you enjoyed. Next time you come and visit stop by and say "Hi" it would be a pleasure to meet you :) Thanks for your review!

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was ok. The carpet in our room smelled sour and needed cleaning. The vent in the bathroom needed cleaning. The pool area was decent they needed more lounge chairs for the amount of guess they can accommodate. Room needs a little updating.

• Stayed: June 2013

I apologize for your inconvenience. Just so you know, next time call the front desk and we could have moved you to a different room. Glad you enjoyed the pool area. Hope to see you on your next trip to Clearwater! Thank you for your review :)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I got a very good price on one night through Priceline express deals. My room was clean and comfortable. The room had a fridge and microwave, but I didn't use them. Only three negatives on the room: you must be very close to the tv for the remote to work and one of the two sleep number beds did not work. The air conditioning unit worked great but was rather loud. Didn't interfere with my sleep, but some might have issues. Not big problems, but still not ideal. Nice pool area with a Jacuzzi and a small pool for kids. Pool area has access to the bar and grill. Tried to use room service, but information in the room about reaching the restaurant by phone was inaccurate. This would be an affordable hotel for a family. Beach is reasonably close by and the pool area is great for kids. Overall, a good value for price paid. Would stay again.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot. There are rooms poolside. If vacationing, those might be better and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank janelmw
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to hotels and their bed sheets. I enjoy sleeping on white sheets if I'm staying at a hotel, just for cleanliness reasons. This is a very affordable hotel that I booked through hotwire. I will not stay in this hotel again if I'm accompanied by my child, she deserves to be in a much cleaner atmosphere, but if I'm by myself or with friends, I will go again.
Nice location, close to Clear Water, about 20 minutes away.

1  Thank Jaclyn S
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Clarion is an older property but well maintained. We have stayed here several times and our rooms have always been clean and comfortable. The location is great; it's easy to get anywhere in the Clearwater/St Petersburg area. There is a small restaurant in the hotel itself (a rarity these days) serving dinner and a hot breakfast. Debbie, the food and beverage manager, runs a friendly bar in the evenings. There is also a Denny's almost next door (a two minute walk) and a number of restaurants and bars within a few minutes' drive. The staff is friendly and has always met any requests.

Room Tip: The first floor suites are large and have a door between the bedroom and the "living room/sleep...
1  Thank jaymat44