“Beachfront Tiki Bar”

Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #21 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed October 4, 2008

Our extended family was in the area for the funeral of a parent and spent an afternoon on Clearwater Beach to lighten the visit before our return home. We happened upon the beach front Tiki Bar by accident while strolling the beach.
Dave and Joe, at the bar were the best! They provided the service and friendly atmosphere that you would expect at a Hilton.
The beach at the Hilton is also extremely nice. So close, yet so far from the rest of Clearwater Beach.

Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank OHtravelers
Write a ReviewReviews (4,806)

Reviewed September 17, 2008

We could not have asked for anything more from our stay at the Clearwater Hilton!!! The Hotel (Joanie Adams) assisted us in arranging a intimate wedding ceremony on their beach at sunset! It was amazing!!! The service was top knotch all around. We did not have one complaint. The beaches are beautiful. The hotel is centrally located close to at least two great restaurants, shoppes, and activities. We cannot wait to go back to celebrate each anniversary!

Oh, and the rooms are incredibly comfortable, though you generally do not spend much time in the rooms while on vacation. The bed was so comfortable, we plan to purchase the same bed from Hiltontohome.com.

The beach club service was a great convenience. No need to pack towels, chairs or umbrellas...it is all provided for a small fee!

We felt like royalty...it was GREAT!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2008

My wife, 3 year old daughter, and I stayed at the Hilton the week of August 23rd. The room was very clean and the staff (especially Suat at the valet) was awesome. It is easy to walk to good restaurants and activities. I would highly reccommend the Hilton and would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank hate23putt
Reviewed September 5, 2008

We stayed at the Hilton recently and had a wonderful time. Since the last time we visited Clearwater, the hotel has been renovated to more modern standards (granite counter bathrooms, flat screen Tvs, etc). Our 7th floor room had an angled view of the beach. The two pools were nice- but pretty full with families/kids while we were there. We found the hotel staff, valet, maids, etc... to be very friendly and helpful. Internet is free if you have Hilton Honors.
We did not eat at the hotel- instead choosing Crabby Bills (would not really recommend) and Frenchys Rockaway Grill (we liked this for lunch). Gondoliers (across the Best Western Sea Wake) was excellent for breakfast and for a quick pizza lunch (and had very reasonable prices). We also went to the Columbia Restaurant on Sand Key (6 min drive there) and had the 1905 salad and some great paella. We will be back to the Hilton!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank worldboot
Reviewed September 3, 2008

The hotel rooms are small yet very clean. Staff was courteous and helpful. I would have given it an excellent but I had to clean dust off of the toilet and there were dust bunnies and a dead moth on the side of the vanity in the bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Ohio47
Reviewed August 30, 2008

We stayed the third week in Aug and paid 180 a night with the beach club.

GOOD STUFF:The setting is beautiful. Nice beach. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the matress is soft.

NOT SO GREAT: I wish I did not do the BEACH CLUB. The umbrellas are set up when you get to the beach and you tell them which umbrella to put your chairs under. The umbrellas were far from the waters edge. Many peolple had their own chairs and umberllas and placed them close to the waters edge(which I like). Also, the beach club starts collecting the chairs at 5PM. If we had our own chairs we could have placed them where we want, when we want.. We like to go to the beach late in the day. I should have went across the street to a beach supply store and got 2 chairs and an umbrella.

ADD ONS: Ten dollars a night for internet access. Five dollars a night for parking. Twenty dollars a night for taxes. Drinks and food are high priced but there are options you can walk to. A cute breakfast and lunch place across the street and a sub way.

RESTAURATS.
One night we ate at Frenchys. The food was OK and the service was good but, we ate outside and pigeons were walking around and brushing out feet., YECK! If you don't want to deal with wild life as you eat, eat inside. Another night we ate at Palm Pavillion, much better. Good food and prices, live music that was not too loud to have a conversation, No pigeons!

AREA:
Not very much around. Shops are all honky tonk beach stuff. Not many restaurants or much night life.

DRINKS:
You can only drink alcoholic beverages at the beach if you purchase them from the Hilton. You may not bring your own beers to the beach. This did not bother me since I don't drink much , but one member of our party was not happy.

BEST ACTIVITY
We went on " THE SCREAMER", which is a boat that takes you out for about 45 minutes to see dolphins and beautiful homes. IF you go, sit in the back, best spot for seeing the dolphins. The cost is 22 dollars.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank plpl
Reviewed August 22, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. I researched the hotel thoroughly before booking it. The reviews for their restaurants were'nt impressive so we ate elsewhere. We like to walk the beach, not sit on it, so we didn't care about the charge for chairs, etc.. I do agree they should be free however. Our room was lovely. I felt the bathroom was an adequate size, how much time are you going to spend in it? We had an issue with the air conditioner not working, it had frozen up.
Brian the very friendly maintenance man had it replaced in 15 minutes, and our parking fee was deducted from our bill. The desk clerks were very helpful when we had any questions. The bell men actually looked up a restaurant in the phone book and a restaurant guide, I had the name of the town wrong. They kept asking around until they determined the correct location. I can't wait to go back. Wish I could have stayed 2 weeks. I'm a very light sleeper, and was concerned to see we had a room on the street. I really didn't hear much noise, and slept quite well. The bed was very comfy. I didn't care for the pillows, they are down, and smash down to nothing. I used 2 and that worked o.k. All in all I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple