“June2013 Clearwater Beach”

Ranked #22 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Pennsauken, New Jersey
“June2013 Clearwater Beach”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hilton Clearwater Beach is a great location. The hotel rooms are clean. The old a/c units can be noisy ans disturb light sleepers. The fees for beach chairs run $10 a day. The $20 a day resort fee is a joke. It provides quite a few bogus amenities. A frozen fresh fruit stick, a cool towel, and a sun glasses cleaning service are provided by pool attendants. If you only go to the beach, you don't get the benefits(?) of the resort fee. Self-parking is $7 a day.

Overall I think the rooms are expensive and the extra costs are not worth staying here. In the future I will look elsewhere.

1 Thank mike e
BobW693, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We try to accommodate each and every guest with a positive on property experience. Our apologies we did not meet your overall expectations, and our perks were not to your satisfaction. Thank you for being our guest.

andrea Trimmer
Executive Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (810)
  • Serbian first
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed here four times over the past two years. My most recent visit was January 2013. I absolutely love this place. A $20/day per room resort fee has recently been added, but I always get an umbrella and chairs, so it's not an issue for me and convenient too. Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members receive complimentary buffet breakfast with an upcharge for the hot breakfast. The breakfast buffet here is good and there are lots of options available without upgrading. I haven't had dinner at this location, but have been seated at all three bars on several occassions and perhaps I'll enjoy dinner during my next visit. The staff is always friendly and many get to know the guests on a first name basis during a visit. I have stayed in oceanfront jr. suites and rooms overlooking the pier, rooms are clean and comfy. This is a fantastic beach, the hotel location could not be better, great sunset views, within walking distance to lots of bars and restaurants, I can't say enough. I'm going back in August for my four year wedding annivesary and more than likely again in January for a weekend getaway. I'm in Indiana, so this is a great spot with convenient flights for me into and out of Tampa. Only beef is that as a Diamond member I never receive a comp upgrade because the rooms are always taken, but that's ok. Have met lots of nice people from other countries staying at the hotel and have lots of great memories with more to come!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
BobW693, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We thank you for your review and for being our guests. We do appreciate you taking the time to write of your experience with us. We try to honor each guests wishes upon availability. Looking forward to your return to theHilton Clearwater Beach. I can be contacted shoud you need assistance.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was not impressed at all! All the balcony rooms were over AC units noisy, elevators took forever. I would not stay unless you can get a room directly over the gulf view. Every time a cloud came up they closed the pool. They said the cabanas were for all day....all day ends at five. Really? Charge for cabana and lounge chair. Even Maui includes the lounge with the cabana and you get it til sunset or when you get up actually!

Room Tip: Don't bother look elsewhere all the rooms are built over top of AC units.....horrible balcony ex...
4 Thank Mary D
BobW693, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We appreciate your feedback about your recent vist at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. Our apologies you were not impressed with our property. Our property has partial views of the gulf with balconies and suites as well. Should guests prefer full gulf view suites (7 total), too, they are able to book these accommodations as well. Your comments regarding the beach lounges and chairs will be brought to the attention of our on property beach service. Hoping you will return to the Hilton Clearwater Beach.

Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Perfect place to stay at on the beautiful white sand beach, clean and clear water and right next to the pier and playground. They have the pool right there near beach, very convenient. No need to drive once you park your car, everything is within walking distance. Great place to stay with kids. They had alot of activities planned everyday, had arts and crafts table - made some souvenirs with my kids, had games and beach toys kids can use on the beach.....loved it! Had a great view of the harbor and can see the sunrise from my balcony, the sunset on the beach was amazing. The sunset festival at the pier was great entertainment! Room was comfortable and clean. Will be coming back. Thanks Hilton!

Room Tip: Harbor view was great for the night city lights and view of the sunrise in the morning!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EMCS2720
BobW693, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your on property experience and being our guest. We do look forward to having you return to the Hilton Clearwater Beach.

Concord, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I had visited this ara briefly a few years ago and have always wanted to go back! This hotel was the perfect choice! Beautiful hotel in a great spot in downtown Clearwater. Able to walk everywhere! Beach access is very large and beautiful! Very friendly staff. We had no complaints during our stay. Will definitely return in the future when we return to Clearwater

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Magan K
We do appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for being our guests. We are delighted your on property experience met your expectations. Thank you for being our guest.

Looking forward to having you with us again at the Hilton Clearwater Beach.

United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I wont get into spat between Virgin and the hotel. However when you book for a week I do wonder why you get allocated the third floor room, facing inward with a window that is 4ft off the floor and looks direct onto A/C units that are extremely loud. There is standard room and there is standard room. That said , they resolved it after two days ( memorial weekend) and we were moved to 8thfloor with no extra cost. The staff and facilities were excellent throughout so credit to them. We went with 7 year old child and pool and beach facilities were excellent. Great location for restaurants and breakfast can be sourced easily at good value. I would stay again as long as floor 3 and 4 facing inward were not on offer.

Room Tip: Never on floor 3 or 4 facing inwards. The higher up the better
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is most important to us and we do take our guests comments very serious. We are glad your on property experience improved and we were able to re-locate you to more favorable accommodation. It is always our pleasure to provide our guests the best possible service and assist them while stay with us at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. Looking forward to having you back with us again should you have the opportunity to be in the Clearwater Beach area.

Executive Assistant.
Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Good: The lady who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect. Very near restaurants. The beach is beautiful and the rentals on the beach are worth it. Breakfast in hotel restaurant was good, if pricey. I'd recommend going across the street to a cafe for breakfast. You pay for parking but the lot kept being too full. The valets were nice and helpful, but still irritating.

Ok: The pool is nothing special. Very basic and older but clean. Rooms are small and had a musty smell. My husbands allergies were awful while in the hotel, but fine when we were outside the hotel.

Bad: Harbor view is actually a view of the road. If you get out some binoculars you can see the harbor. The lady working the towel desk was extremely rude. I was standing there with my family of 5 (3 kids 6 and under) and she insisted we could only get 4 towels. It hadn't been an issue previous days AND the entry in The book directly before ours was for 5 towels to 1 room. She was rude and unpleasant. I wish I would have gotten her name. Poor representation of the hotel.

Overall, the hotel is nice but dated. We used points for the stay and I'm not sure i would again. It wasn't worth the amount of points it cost us. Hilton should downgrade the rating due to the age/outdated status of the hotel. Most of the employees I encountered were friendly and helpful. This place is on the beach, but really isn't a "resort."

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guests. We appreciate your feedback and taking the time to write a review. Our apologies we did not meet your on property expectations. Your experience and inconvenience will be brought to the attention of our Executive team for discusion among the staff.. Thank you for alerting us of this issue.