Myself, wife and daughter stayed here for 9 nights over new year. This was a trip we booked at the last minute and Was our first time to Florida. Being a gold HH member I looked for a Hilton property. I had read the reviews and was a little nervous . I think the following is a very accurate description of the Hilton.
This is an old property and as such it was not built to the same specification of modern Hiltons and this is very obvious when you arrive. We stayed on the HH 9th Floor, and yes I probably agree with other reviews in that the bathrooms are small , the air con unit is loud at times and the view over the roof tops from the rooms on the north side is very messy. We found the rooms to be well cleaned but yes they are a little less fancy than you might expect for the price.
We received a great welcome at check in and the staff are very friendly and particularly at breakfast .However we dined in the hotel on New Years eve and to say that the service was laughable was an understatement , however the food was generally good and we took the fiasco of the service as part of the entairtainment. There are lots of local places to eat but we really enjoyed Island View which is just across the causeway.
So was the Hilton a good choice ? My wife and daughter loved it because of the location and the fact that you can walk straight out of the hotel onto the sand of this fabulous beach . In comparison to most other hotels in Clearwater it's location is far superior. The location gives it a degree of privacy which simply doesn't exist at the Hyatt for example which is in a vastly inferior location .
Some Services are a bit more expensive than they should be and I found things like the $5 starbucks to be a bit frustrating.
In summary , you may feel that the Hilton does not meet your expectations for a luxury beach resort but I can say that all 3 of us had a great stay and would probably be willing to pay for the location again .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spread across 10 acres of sandy white beach, surrounded by blue skies and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hilton Clearwater Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Clearwater Beach Hotel Clearwater
- Clearwater Hilton
- Hilton Beach Resort Clearwater