“Great location”

Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #22 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel's location is great.
Suppose in an ideal world the hotel would be knocked down and rebuilt.
The hotel itself could do with some money spending on it. The rooms were quite basic. The pool are very disappointing and crowded, but with it being right on the beach, the pool isn't really needed.
Food and drink was good here and service too

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Bob W, General Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We thank you for being our guests. So sorry to hear you were disappointed. April, in the spring is a much desired time for families, especially. We do have the fantastic Gulf as well, as you discovered. Thank you for your kind words regarding food and beverage and staff.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hilton had a absolute perfect location, right on the beach probably the best location out of all the hotels in Clearwater i would say. Very clean hotel, nice big rooms and friendly staff. The pool area is lovely with 2 pools, which are basically on the beach. The Tiki Bar is lovely too, right on the beach front..perfect for the sunset or sunrise! Right on the promanade so you can access the pier very easily-great night out for evenings. We have stayed here twice and the last time was May. Many restaurants around the complex, hooters was getting built when we were there!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your gracious comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. Yes our location right on the Gulf of Mexico is superb. We look forward again to having you as our guests, shoud your travels bring you back to the Clearwater Beach area.

Thank you for being our guests.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My family stayed at the Hilton on Clearwater beach for 1 night. The room was good for what we wanted and we had a great view of the beach from our hotel balcony on the 4th floor the pools were good and not overly busy and the spa was also good. As we booked to stay here in November with the weather still being in the early 80s and a comfortable evening going out we tried to turn the AC off so it wasn't to cold when we returned later that night. We tried power off on the unit and nothing so we went to see the concierge before bed, they advised us to turn down the thermometer to 73/74 and this will keep the room at a steady tempature. The unit now comes on every 15 minutes and starts up like an plane taking off it that loud.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for being our guests. Our guest feedback is most important and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are taking your comments into consideration as we
improve our on-property experience. We do hope we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area again.

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

This was probably around the 20th time we have stayed here. We love the beach and the convenience to all the restaurants and shops on the island. We had a very relaxing stay. When checking in we were originally assigned a room on the 4 th floor even tho I am a diamond and my profile clearly states i prefer a higher floor. I asked why and immediately the young woman checked to see if another room was available. We were them given a room on the 9th floor. I was thrilled with the room, it was perfect for us. I told the young woman i am like Richard Gere in Pretty Woman luv the view from the top floor, but am petrified of heights so I love that the 9th floor has the concrete balconies!!! I know others hate that it blocks part of their view but I actually use the balcony more because I feel safer.

Housekeeping took fabulous care of us for our entire stay ( we were here 10 nites).

Already looking forward to returning again in May!! Thank you Hilton for everything!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Bob W, General Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

On behalf of the Hilton Clearwater Beach, we thank you for being our guests as always. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Our apologies you were not placed in the accommodations you were accustomed and were immediately satisfied. Guest satisfaction is most important to us and we will continue to strive to better our quality of service. We look forward to your next visit with us on your return to the Clearwater Beach area.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a few days without the kids and stayed at the Hilton. In all honesty, just before leaving I was regretting my decision a bit to be financially responsible and book here as opposed to at the Hyatt just down the street. There is no question that the Hyatt is a nicer overall property. BUT I was quickly thrilled with our decision. First of all, the hotel is right on the beach. You can take the elevator straight from your room and be at the pool and beach in seconds. Set up is great and the beach staff were wonderful. I also found the hotel to be better maintained than what the reviews led me to believe. Don't get me wrong, the Hyatt is an overall nicer property as it was recently remodeled, but it is located on a busy patch of road that you have to cross to get over to the beach. And I am not even sure where their pool was located, but must be up on a roof deck. Our room was nice - we did switch as we had a king bed on the top floor - two issues - the side of the hotel we were on had some ocean view but you were also overlooking the a/c units and roof of the hotel. Also, on the top floor the balcony has a solid railing so if you were seated you would not have a view. We were moved to a room on the 6th floor with a fantastic view, though we had to give up the king for two double beds. They were pretty small.
Amenities were great, cocktails were very well done (yum Mudslide!) and it was a great experience for the cost.

Room Tip: Ask for poolside view. We were in room 612 and it was pretty ideal.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MKGreen

Thank you for being our guest and choosing the Hilton Clearwater Beach. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Guest feedback is very important to us. Our apologies we were not able to accommodate you with a king. Please contact us a trip_advisor@hilton.com, should you have another opportunity to visit the Clearwater Beach area, we do hope you will vist with us again.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I booked a king side bed through travelocity arrived at the hotel around 5 and was told that they only had doubles. The clerk was nonchalant about it and said there was nothing else available. I told her that travelocity guaranteed the booking. nothing I had to call travelocity 3 times to finally get some results. Hotel clerk calls me and offered a king with no view whatsoever i declined and told her jokinly at least to offer a free breakfast and she then says oh we can do that. Hotel was a little too pricey. Parking was free. sandy storm even though we where on the gulf it affected us with high winds and rough seas, our room was on 4 floor next to a roof and partial view of gulf

Room Tip: make sure that the room you booked by third parties like travelocity is guaranteed and arrive early
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob W, General Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. We thank you for being our guest.. Your feedback is most important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. Your review is what our hotel team needs to re-evaluate and meet guest expectations. We do apologize for the inconvenience you incurred and hope to have another opportunity to serve you, should your travels bring you back to the Clearwater Beach area.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I'm surprised when I read some of the reviews, I'm not sure what they may have expected! I've been a loyal Hilton honors diamond for years. I burned some points this weekend and stayed here. I found the hotel very good. Yes, it's older and needs remodeling which it's going to be done next spring. But really when I walked in the door that would not have been what crossed my mind. It's very bright and clean and in good working order. The staff couldn't ave been more helpful, and I must give an attaboy to TJ who works down on the beach. Very good customer service attitude and a good ambassador of the hotel. Also Billy who works at the pool bar, and Becca who works in Coasters. And I'd be remiss end if I did not mention Irene(??)the Irish hostess in the breakfast area. All great customer minded representatives.

Don't take to much into what is on the reviews, I think it's a great hotel in a great location. The only downside to this trip was that hurricane sandy sent us a lot of wind that made it difficult to enjoy the beach.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ClemWalker

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. Thank you for being our guests. We do take great pride in our quality of service to our guests, as you observed. Looking forward to having you as our guests again, should your travels bring you to the Clearwater Beach area again..