“Wonderful Location”

Ranked #23 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Dunedin, Florida
“Wonderful Location”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I attended her 50th High School reunion at this hotel. As other reviewers have stated, the location can not be beat. The beach scene is ideal and includes a Tiki bar on the beach. The hotel was crowded due to the reunion and a couple of weddings. The rooms were clean but showing their age. The restaurant and bar prices were on the high side; but, this is a beach area. My only complaint is that we were unable to check in until nearly 5 PM. We needed to be somewhere at 6 PM. If I had not, politely, made it clear that we had made these reservations months ago and expected to have a room, we might still be waiting. Overall, a very convenient place to stay.

Room Tip: The beach side (west) has great views but will be very bright in the afternoon. The inland side (eas...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob W, General Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for being our guest , we were delighted to have you with us. Your feedback is most
important to us and your comments regarding your wait upon arrival has been shared with our staff. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again.

Bob Walter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (814)
  • Serbian first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is simply the best located hotel in Clearwater beach. Right in the middle of the action with the beach on one side and the dining options on the street side.
The clearwater beach is great and the Hilton has a great tiki bar right on the beach in order to have a nice drink and meet people.

All staff that I have encountered was very helpul and were offering very good service.

Ample space for parking (7$ / day). Valet is optional.

Rooms are above average but are starting to show age. Drink & restaurants prices are on a the high-end so you won't get any good deal on meal at the hotel but the food we had there was excellent.

If we decided to come back to Clearwater, the Hilton will be one of my first option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank fauberte
Bob W, General Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We thank you for being our guest and for writing a review. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Our staff has been made aware of your comments, as well. We do hope to have another opportunity to serve you and look forward to your return to the Hilton Clearwater Beach.

Ottumwa, Iowa
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband, my 2 children, 8 and 9 and myself visited the Hilton on Clearwater Beach for 4 nights in August. You cannot beat the location of the hotel, it is the only hotel in the area located directly on the beach. The property was kept up most of the time we were there, but the place was packed and hotel staff was having a hard time keeping up with the number of guests. The pool outside was hot and felt more like a hot tub than a pool. The bar drinks and food was rediculously priced unless you ordered the drink special of the day.
All in all if we returned to Clearwater I would stay here because of the location, but be ready to spend a lot of money!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. Guest feedback is most important to us, and I appreciate your writing a review of your recent sta with us.. We are always evaluating our service operations to our guests. Your review will help us assess our current options so we can ensure we are offering the best guest experience possible. I am sharing your concerns about our food and beverage with the appropriate members of our team. We are looking forwawrd to your return visit to the Hilton Clearwater Beach, upon your next visit to the Clearwater Beach area.

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I was there for a conference in October. The food was very good in the restaurant. Large portions. The Sunset salad with grilled chicken was excellent as was the roast chicken. I had the breakfast buffet before the conference started and it was very good with plenty of choices. I also had it one day during the conference and no problems with the quantity--probably because I went to breakfast at the beginning of the service. The last day I was there I had the grouper sandwich for lunch and also had supper in the restaurant with some of my family. Service was great and we had no complaints about the food. My room was nice and clean. A little noisy on the balcony (817) from all the AC units below but had a nice view of the beach. The carpets could use a good cleaning but I understand the summer season is just finished. My room was cleaned before noon every day except for Thursday. We were in it around 3 when they came and we told them we would be leaving in 5 minutes. They did not come back and I called the front for the few items I needed and they sent them right up!! The hotel is located in a great location where you can walk to the pier and plenty of other restaurants and shops.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob W, General Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Your feedback and comments about your experience at the Hilgont Clearwater Beacht are greatly appreciated. Thank you for being our guest. We do take great pride in our quality of service to our guests. Food and beverage will be made aware of your comments made during the conference. We are addressing your housekeeping issues to better serve our guests in the future. Should your travels bring you back to the Clearwater Beach area, we look forward to having the opportunity of serving you again.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Customer service was top notch here from the moment we stepped foot on the property. Hotel is conveniently located near shops, restaurants, bars, parks, etc. all within walking distance to the hotel. The beach is literally only steps away as you are enjoy the fine, white, dusty sand at your feet. We will definitely return to this property and rave about it to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy the beauty of the Gulf of Mexico. Wonderful hotel!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 271Clevegirl
Bob W, General Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We appreciate your gracious comments about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. Thank you for being our guest and we do loolk forward to having you with us upon your return to the Clearwater Beach area. Again we are pleased to have you as our guest and delighted your stay was enjoyable.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton recently for a conference. This conference is quite large. We stayed there last year and unfortunately, are having it there again next year. Last year you could see the place was not up to par physically. They're letting things get run down. This time, you could see much of the same and more. Several people had to be moved to different rooms due to many various reasons - most of which had to do with things being broken, such as everything in the bathroom. Things were tidy, but not really clean. When I went to the bar to order a coffee, it took 10 minutes for someone to show up at the bar and ask what I wanted, he said he'd be right back and in another 5-7 minutes, he was. It's a cup of coffee. Point being - there's a conference, why was there one guy serving the bar and the outside restaurant? Why did he have to keep going to the back for things? Side note - it's Starbucks coffee, so I asked if I order according to the Starbucks lingo (a tall Americano) and he said yes & then didn't know what I meant. The food served was bland and definitely a step down from last year. Basically, no choices and the first day they served tacos for lunch and the next day ziti. Can you get any cheaper? Upon check in we ALL received a ticket for a free breakfast on our last day of the conference. So...anticipating about 150 people for breakfast, one would think there would be enough food at the buffet, adequate amount of staff and place settings at every table. The 2 people running around like chickens with their heads off deserve a raise for sure. It took me about 10 minutes to get coffee and another 10 to get cream. Only one place setting a table for 4. Went up to the buffet and there was one strip of bacon & 2 links of sausage, 2 slices of french toast with about 5 people behind me in line & no workers to be found. I could go on & on because this was how it was the entire time. No one was happy, everyone had something to complain about. The only positive note that I have is that the staff there, although short, were very polite and tried their best to go above and beyond. They were just limited. This seems simply like a management issue and they need to upgrade the place and do some deep cleaning. Most common areas smelled like mildew. I know it's on the beach, but if they stay on top of it, that shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't recommend this place at all as there are much better options on Clearwater beach and I won't be attending the conference next year just because of the location.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Business P
We thank you for being our guest and appreciate your candid feedback about your recent experience during your stay at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. We regret we were not able to provide you with the event experience you expected, and understand how important efficient service is. We truly missed the mark this time. We are currently reviewing our staffing levels and will keep your comments in mind as we plan for future events. I apologize for any inconvenience and we are confident we can impress you with the improvements at next year’s conference, which we do hope you will attend.. Thank you again for being our guest and writing a review. Should you need to further discuss, please contact trip_advisor@hilton.com.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I spent one night at this Hilton on a business trip. The location was perfect--walking distance to some fun restaurants and bars. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beach setting is beautiful. I regretted that I only had one day to spend in the area. The rooms were adequate--nothing spectacular. I felt that my room could have used a little touch-up of paint and the AC didn't really cool the room to my satisfaction. That said, it was clean and perfectly acceptable. I would certainly return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Greg E
Thank you for being our guest.and writing a review about your recnt stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feeback and comments. Yyour coments will be utilized to help us make the necessary changes to improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, should you return to the Clearwater Beach area.