Myself and my girlfriend stayed at the Hilton Clearwater beech last weekend. And I have never been so conflicted about a hotel before.
First the good, the hotel has a great location on the beech. The rooms are nice but nothing amazing for the money.
Second the amazing. I have to say the beech team where brilliant. A guy called dan made our weekend when he helped me with a romantic sunset drink. He is simply a legend and couldn't do enough to help. Hilton should be very very proud of staff like this. The lady who drives around the beech doin the drink service was also lovely as was anoth girl who did the towels at the beech.
Now for the bad. On our first full day we left out room at 9.30- 10 and arrived back at 6pm and the room hadn't been cleaned. Now fesh towels ect. On calling down and explaining the situation someone was sent to clean out room but this wasn't helpful when we wanted to be getting ready to go out.
Secondly, charging for parking is a joke in itself. Not telling me till I'm about to check out is really taking the mick. There was also an odd one doller charge added to my account that no one was able to tell me what it was for? I know it's only a doller but there is a principle.
Along with this I think charging for umbrellas and chairs on the beech is just a way of extracting money from
Customers that have already paid. Iv stayed all over the world and never been asked to pay for beech furniture when the hotel was on the beech?? $27 a day is just going to upset your customers me included.
Overall the only reason your not getting a one star is because some of your staff and your location saved you.
But would I stay here again? No, I don't mind paying for a nice hotel but when I do I don't expect to be charged for every little thing I do. Parking and sunbirds should be free. That's standared
I won't be back, and would never recommend this hotel because of this.
Just hope people read the reviews and don't get robbed like we have.
But one more mention for super Dan!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spread across 10 acres of sandy white beach, surrounded by blue skies and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelPower, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Clearwater Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Clearwater Beach Hotel Clearwater
- Clearwater Hilton
- Hilton Beach Resort Clearwater