1,011 results
All reviews room was clean yogurt across the street free breakfast nice pool busch gardens wi fi gulf view room beach kathy kitchenette walmart
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We checked in, 5 minutes later we were checking out. The outside looks rough, but the cockroaches inside are worse. We literally opened the door and a huge cockroach was in the middle of the floor and then it ran under the dresser the tv was on. We left, went about 10 miles down the road and found a nice hotel with no bugs for a little bit more price wise.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
MagnusonClearwater, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience, Jennifer. While bugs are certainly a part of Florida, you absolutely shouldn't be experiencing them in your room, and I apologize that that happened. We're always happy to address issues on the spot, and I hope you'll give another chance to show this was a fluke in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

This hotel is very budget friendly which is why we decided to stay. It seemed like the hotel was once very rundown and they have done some little things to fix it up and make it more welcoming. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with all the necessities. The staff is friendly and the breakfast is good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable place to stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
MagnusonClearwater, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Thanks for staying with us! I appreciate the recommendation, and I'm very happy that you had a comfortable stay and noticed the improvements we've been making. Come stay with us anytime you find yourself in Clearwater!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We arrived at night, appeared to be in a very rough area with lots of people hanging around. Did not feel safe at all. Unable to lock room door as it was broken. Because we didn’t feel safe in the area we didn’t walk the considerable distance to the reception to voice our concerns. Ben linen was clean, but bed was lumpy. Air con was antequated and noisy, but worked OK. The basin in the bathroom was very rusty around the overflow and there was a rusty hole in the end of the bath. In the morning when it was light, my son went into the swimming pool and said that it was very cloudy. I checked, and it was very cloudy. He told me he spotted something on the bottom of the pool and asked me to check. I put on a mask and could not believe that there was what looked like baby faeces at the bottom of the pool. I pulled my son out of the pool straight away.
When I went to reception to check out and report what I had found the staff were all too busy. Two days later, my son developed an ear infection and together with doctors fees and medication this set me back over $400 - Never again !!!

1  Thank peterjlord
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Fair deal! Not that expacive compare to different hotels in this area. They have biger pool then some other hotels. Stuff are friendly and nice. Rooms were clean when we arrived here. They got restaurants and shops near by!!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
MagnusonClearwater, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thanks for staying with us, Illya! I'm glad we could find you an affordable yet comfortable stay, and I'm thrilled you got to enjoy the pool! Come see us again whenever you're in Clearwater!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here after 3 weeks spent in Orlando for 4nights, as the title says standard and basic, saying that the room and the bathroom were cleaned to a high standard. The air conditioning was efficient and kept the room cool at night. Breakfast was very basic and what you would expect, cereals, danish pastries, toast and a waffle maker with a 24hr supply of coffee.

The location is a good bit away from the beaches but there are plenty of restraunts nearby.

I would have no problem staying at this hotel again, but next time we are in Clearwater we will stay closer to the beach.

Ian Wilson

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Thanks for staying with us, Ian! I'm happy you had a pleasant stay and that our room was up to our high standards of cleanliness and ease. If there's anything we can do in the future to make your Clearwater stay more convenient, just let us know. Happy travels!