“Great staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in Feb 2014 and the only negative thing I could say was the noise from the nearby airport. (we booked through Hotels.com and the hotel did not have "airport" in it's title) we were booked in by Carol who was so friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Room was clean, bed was really comfortable, air conditioning unit a little noisy, but effective, ample parking, breakfast was included, bagels, waffles that you cooked yourself! scrambled and hard boiled eggs, pastries, coffee , juices etc. Overall, a nice place to stay, would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I will look into having the word "Airport" added to our name on Hotels.com/Expedia so others are aware that we are close to an Airport. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

T Sims
GM

Reviewed January 26, 2014

When I got there Carol acknowledged me even when she was helping someone else. She was very helpful with my room choice for my needs. I felt very welcomed there. She seemed to really enjoy her position. I will stay they every time I am that location again without question.

Room Tip: Beds were comfortable and bathroom spacious.breakfast setting was very nice too
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne M
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Ann,

Thank you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites during your stay in Clearwater, FL. Thank you for recognizing Carol and her hard work. She has been a dedicated employee and LOVES what she does. We are very lucky to have her on our TEAM. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the Clearwater area.

T Sims

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Located near expressway, economical,very clean, large rooms, ample parking and many attractions nearby. Friendly staff. Tammy and Shiv did all they could to make my stay enjoyable. Exercise rooms, hot breakfast, free wifi. I will stay here again next time I am in Clearwater area

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. Shiv and I are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in the Clearwater area. Please let us know if you need any assistance in making your reservation. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tammy & Shiv

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The room was really well kept, nice and clean. The bathrooms are huge with granite countertops! It's such a gorgeous hotel! The staff was very friendly and helpful. And although we didn't get to eat the breakfast it looks absolutely fabulous and has a terrific selection!! 100% great for the money! Would recommend to anyone looking into this hotel! No complaints whatsoever!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Marin L,

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and value your opinion. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the Clearwater, FL area. Maybe next time you will get to enjoy our breakfast. :)

Tammy S.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times and always had a great experience. The staff is always pleasant and eager to help. The rooms are clean and well taken care of. They offer breakfast in the morning which we feel is very well rounded and has a variety to please anyone. The location of the hotel is ideal. We can drive a short distance and be at most stores that we might need. We never needed the airport, but it is close by for anyone that might need it. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Clearwater area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear "Nerdmom",

We appreciate you taking the time to share your stay with us on Trip Advisor. We enjoy hearing from our all our guests, repeat or new.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites for your hospitality needs. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the Clearwater area.

Tammy

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for many years and it's always been good, I haven't stayed here in a year or two until recently (DEC 2013). My son now lives in St. Petersburg after completing a five year hitch in the U.S. Coast Guard and the Comfort Inn isn't too far from St. Pete at all. I called the Hotel to make my reservation and a familiar voice answered the phone, the person I've dealt with for so many years "Paula" was still running the show from behind the front desk. This lady is an absolute joy to deal with, she makes the booking process so incredibly easy and effortless. I checked in the next day and despite not seeing me for a few years she remembered me right away and in no time at all Paula was asking me about the kids who she's met several times over the years. She then proceeded to tell me all about the newly updated / renovated hotel. It was clean and comfortable before but now it's greatly improved. The rooms are all much more modern and plush, the beds and bedding were so comfortable and the bathroom was all granite and well very well appointed. I was blown away especially for the price, I will continue to stay at this hotel whenever I'm visiting my son. Fantastic accommodations and a top notch staff especially Paula who makes you feel like your at a cozy Bed & Breakfast not a national chain hotel. My only issue was the absence of an ATM, still don't understand why they removed the one that was there for so many years. All in all great hotel, great staff and a great value. See you soon Paula! Cheers Mac...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul M

Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor and for recognizing Paula's hospitality. She was very excited to read the kind words you shared. Paula is AWESOME! I will look into information about the ATM and see what we can do. We are pleased that you choose to stay with us again while visiting your son and are look forward to accommodating you on your next visit.

Tammy

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed in their 1 BR suite and it exceeded every one of my expectations! Classy, extremely clean, beautiful decor, and a staff that went well past the extra mile. Extras like the breakfast and the pool (very clean) are great bonuses. Typically I would mention all the negatives, but in this case, I could not find any!

Stayed: January 2014
comfortinnflc09, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to visit Trip Advisor to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay in one of our Suites. It means a lot to the staff when they read the reviews from our guests and how much they enjoyed their stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the Clearwater Area.