“Nice Tucked Away Hotel”

Days Inn Clearwater/Central
Ranked #62 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed November 30, 2012

During July and August 2012, my son and I stayed at the Days Inn Central Hotel located at 2940 Gulf to Bay Boulevard, Clearwater, Florida, on two separate occasions and for a total of 5 days. Michael, the night clerk was very professional, accommodating and friendly. The service which he provided was first rate.

Although, the hotel is dated, the rooms, equipment and facilities were well maintained and functional. The round shaped outdoor pool was also very clean, well maintained and located at the rear of the premises - away from all traffic and street noise.

The hotel rooms were very clean, well stocked and the cleaning staff was also first rate. The premises were well maintained and staff were also seen cleaning the parking lots, pool and painting exterior cement floors and hallways.

The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning functioned very well. This hotel was very close to the highway and far enough to be private and quiet in the evenings and night. There are many quality restaurants located within minutes from this location.

We truly enjoyed our stay and recommend this hotel to anyone that wishes a nice quiet rest at a very reasonable price!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MICHAELSCRIBE
Giulio C, General Manager at Days Inn Clearwater/Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

We're very pleased that you and your son enjoyed your stay. In our particular market segment, competition is quite fierce. And although we realize that you have the opportunity to stay anywhere thrills us that you've decided to stay with us. We know your time is valuable and yet you took that time from your busy schedule to share some kind words regarding your stay. Thank-you very much for your business and your positive feedback. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Clearwater/Central

Reviewed November 7, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 29, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Back at the Days Inn for 2 weeks...last trip was March, spring break time. What a different environment I found in October! It was so quiet, it was like having my own private in ground pool and hot tub! No new room updates that I could see, but our room was clean and in working order. One of the nice things about the location is that you can find many great beaches within an hour or less, and we found many! Hope to be back in the near future.

Room Tip: We really enjoy the rooms around the pool in the back building. Since the motel is on a very busy r...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Giulio C, General Manager at Days Inn Clearwater/Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us again. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay. Room upgrades are coming up in the near future. Thanks again for your kind words we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Giulio C, General Manager at Days Inn Clearwater/Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had a great stay at the Days Inn. I first stopped at the Clearwater Inn just to the east and was yelled at by the person behind the desk when I asked if I could see a room first. It was like a major imposition to her that I would want to check out a room, so I left, understanding why there were only five or six cars in the parking lot. I then went to the Days Inn and was greeted warmly and encouraged to take a peek at the room. It's possible since I was there in the off-season that I got a better room than I might have been given during the winter, but the room was spacious and clean, the mattress wasn't broken down, and everything I needed was supplied. The price was extremely good and the sleep was excellent. I wanted to stay near the bay as I was flying out of Tampa International in the morning and the hotels by the airport are much higher priced. It's a quick drive across the bay to the airport. This place was well worth it and I will be gladly be staying there again when I'm in town.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank-you very much for the kind remarks. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us again.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayd in the Hotel one Night and could not sleep very well. The beds are smaller than we expected. We booked a room for 5 persons and got two queen size beds.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Occasionaly, a large family my find rooms a little tight even with two queen beds. However, rollaway beds and/or adjoining rooms are available upon request. We want our guests to feel well rested when they depart. Thank-you for staying with us and your comments are well appreciated.