“Good price, great location”

Days Inn Clearwater/Central
Ranked #68 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
los angeles
“Good price, great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

My hubby and I wanted a simple hotel to stay at while we visited family. We got what we paid for--in a good way. There weren't any frills, but it was good. The room was clean, the staff was okay, and we had a good stay. We kept the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, since we were only staying three nights. We could pick up after ourselves, so we didn't have any interaction with the housekeeping staff. Breakfast was cereal, pastries, milk and juice. The location was amazing. We were close to family, and had all the restaurants and stores on the same street. We definitely enjoyed being in the center of everything. It made it really easy to get cozy away from home. Again, nothing fancy, but a good stay for what we paid.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are basic, so we upgraded and got us one with a kitchenette. We enjoyed having a f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank toocute2sexy
Giulio C, General Manager at Days Inn Clearwater/Central, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank-you very much for staying us. We pleased you enjoyed your stay and your kind remarks and appreciated. Please come back to see us again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

First of all, owner was horrible and unfriendly. They had one bit sized donuts and muffin for breakfast and if you pick more than one donut then the owner stared like she will eat you. She seriously want you to pick one donut and expect to fill your stomach. Second, I stayed there three nights and did not get room service once. My trash was full and nobody took them out or brought new towels. Third, after we checked out, they charged $40 more with no explanation and no authorization. Do not stay here!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Giulio C, General Manager at Days Inn Clearwater/Central, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear traveler, thank-you for staying us and apologize for any inconvenience you and your family encountered during your stay. When reviewing some your comments, I was not able find any additonal charges posted to your account during your stay. The housekeeping reports indicated "do not disturb" posted each day for your room thus the reason for no room service. I also shared your comments with the breakfast attendant. If charges have been posted to you credit card account from this location then please contact me so that we may further investigate these claims and help you resolve this overcharge issue.

Travelers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Muncie, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

To make a long story short, do not stay here. They have BED BUGS! Shortly after arrival I felt like I was being bit. I have never seen these critters up close and personal so before I assumed I did research on my computer and began my inspection. I freaked out and almost went into a panic attack and we were gone within 2 minutes. There is no possible way that they were not aware of this infestation. Evidence was everywhere. Fortunately, we had not taken anything out of our suitcases and left them in the trunk of the car in the heat for 2 days to kill off any possible travelers!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Obviously this is not the kind of review we are looking for. Nothing is worse than hearing a property has a problem with BB's. By now its no secret that no one or business is immuned from these pests. Office buildings, appartments, movie theaters, 5 star restaurants, hotel/motels etc. etc. etc. are all affected. Because of a banned chemical that was used in the 70's DDT, these bugs have emerged with a vengeance. There are reports after report available online to support this claim. These critters are excellent travelers and arrive with the guests.
Housekeeping has now been trained, as part of the cleaning process to inspect areas that may show evidence of a BB problem. If a potential problem is noticed, the room is immediately taken off the market and treated by professionals. This process usually takes between 7 to 10 days.
Please accept our aplogies for your inconvenience. Should you allow us the opprotunity to make it up to you, we would like to comp you one night upon your return.
Thank-you.
Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Unfortunately this hotel runs a scam operation by double-charging the guests

I booked a room, prepaid for it in full at booking, in November 2011 for a two-night stay in March 2012.
Paid $68 per night plus tax for a room that itself was completely fine, no frills, car parked just outside. At Days Inn you get what you pay for and for this particular trip this suited me fine.
Unfortunately, the whole stay was tarnished by the scam operation of the hotel.

When I checked in and showed the prepaid booking confirmation the male clerk asked for the original credit card. Since I did not have that card with me, he immediately claimed that the payment had bounced and needed another credit card.

I refused, said that the prepayment had gone through (otherwise I would not have had a booking confirmation in my hand) but he refused. Probably due to the fact that it was late at night, we were exhausted, and of course that we were - in his eyes some stupid European tourists that he easily could scam for some additional income...

Of course I did not have the credit card statement from four months earlier with me, why would I think that a hotel would have this kind of management?

In the end, he forced us to swipe the additional card or else we would not have a room, and when we got home, it was clear to me that the first payment had indeed gone through back in november 2011, and that they had charged me again.
So $152 extra for the hotel - or the clerk - I don't care which one took the money, but I will never stay another night at any Days Inn property again in my life. And neither should you - at the least you should never take your chances with a prepayment of a room there. When the time comes that someone wants to rip you off, the efforts to get the money back is substantial.

I have claimed a refund on the Days Inn website but so far I have no response from them and honestly, I do not expect to get one.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
It is not our intention to inconvenience guests upon arrival nor during their stay . We receive prepaid reservations all the time. With the explosion of OTA's (online travel agents), Expedia, Travelocity, Hot Wire etc. all bookings arrive from them prepaid. We've been In business nearly 30 years and is not our practice to "rip off" guests. The reservation was indeed made in November 2011 and the rate plan selected requires the Hotel to charge the guest at time of booking without refund. Because we know that peoples plans can change in a moments notice we choose not to charge the guest until time of departure.
Moreover, the email confirmation you receive from booking this particular rate plan gives you an automated reply upon completion that indicates you've been charged. If you in fact can produce a bank statement showing a charge from this location dated back in November 2011 we would be more than happy to refund the double charge.
Days Inn Customer Service also indicates their finds to show no advance purchase charged from our location. I hope this helps clear up any confusion and aplogize for any inconvenience.
Proctorville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Pulling up to the hotel was like pulling up to any other. It looks okay on the outside. After checking in we went to the room and checked for bed bugs and there were none. Since we had traveled 15 hours to get to the beach that's where we headed. Upon our return we were greeted by a bunch of men sitting in lawn chairs in the parking lot with the tailgate of the truck down, drinking beer, and blasting the radio. This was the normal scene the entire week we were there. There is a bar/gaming establishment right next door which was fun on Friday and Saturday night.

We had a bug, that we lovingly named "Petey", that was there when we returned from the beach the first day and stayed in the exact same place for the duration of our trip. We couldn't reach him and the maid apparently didn't notice. Petey entered our room using the quarter of an inch gap that was around the entire door. We were glad it was a bug and not a lizard.

The maid also missed the 12" long hair that she brought with her and left in the tub one day that she "cleaned" our room. The maid was there at 9:30am every morning and she was not coming back. You had to let her in reguardless of your plans. We were up anyway because we could barely sleep due to the constant flushing of the toilet in the room behind ours. They either had stomach issues all week or there were 17 people living in that room.

Breakfast was always fun. Trying to get breakfast around a family that was "preparing breakfast together" was a challenge. You best get there early if you want any breakfast. We went late one morning and there were only corn muffins left.

This hotel has more of an "extended-stay" clientele. The desk manager was surprised that we only stayed one week because most of the other guests lived there.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thank-you for voicing your comments. We're sorry we did not meet your expectations and your right "we can do better" much better. Some of the items mentioned, however; may be a little out of our control like the neighboring restaurant and bar. They at times have been a little bit of a problem.
Housekeeping on the other hand may need a refresher couse. They now better than to disturb guests to early in the morning, after all your on vacation. They must pay attention to detail first and foremost. We do not like to see our guests inconvenienced. If you have a problem that needs attention please notify us immediately so that we can make changes right away. We apologize for not meeting your needs, hopefully you'll allows another opprotunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank-you
Jackson, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is an older motel that needs a little upgrading. Our room contained only the bare essentials and seemed to cater to the partying younger crowd and families with children. The outdoor pool was nice, but the water in the hot tub was green. Literally green. It was still green and dirty the next day when we left. The staff were unfriendly and were a definite put-off. The breakfast area was not able to handle the number of people staying and there was often no coffee or food items available. Staff was not in attendance and needed to be notified when additional food or coffee was needed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for taking the time to note your concerns. Alot of the items mentioned have since been corrected. Yes we're an older property and we've made some staff changes to accommodate the areas you've mentioned.
We aplogize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I think you'll be pleasantly surprisied should you allow us the opprotunity to serve you again in the near future.
Buffalo, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here with our five kids. We had two rooms and they were both perfect. Location was great and my kids loved the pool and hot tub. Staff was helpful and friendly. The coffee in the room tasted very good. We stayed for a week and it was very comfortable. It was everything I would hope for at a Day's Inn and more. Would definitely stay again if I find myself in Clearwater again. Thanks for helping make our trip a good one!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Your comments are greatly appreciated. It means a lot to us to hear that guests had a great time and that they were pleased with there accomodations. I hope you and your family come back real soon. Thanks again.