“Plain & inexpensive”

Days Inn Clearwater/Central
Ranked #63 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Decent place to stay, clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff, basic breakfast, hot coffee, near everything.

Room Tip: I think any room would do. We were satisfied with the set up.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greenwrld
Giulio C, General Manager at Days Inn Clearwater/Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank-you very much for staying with us and your kind remarks. We really pride ourselves on the keeping our property clean and well maintained. We hope to see you again very soon.
Thank-you Giulio Calandra and Days Inn Staff.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Clearwater/Central

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Wow. I know it's an economy but this is bad in the worst way. As I write this I'm looking at some strange window in our bathroom area that literally gives me, my wife and daughters a view of a dark alley. (perverts delight) There is no alarm clock (I had to ask them to bring one to the room). They (the hotel people) are complaining about how much coffee we drink. There isn't even a suit case stand...we're living off the floor. Check out the photos. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

We're sorry you did not have a positive experience during your stay. The dark alley you refer to is the hallway leading to the maids closet and is only accessed during regular business hours. Unfortunately I'm unaware if this was mentioned during you stay, perhaps moving to a different room may have been a quick fix to your concern. It is our intention that our guests have a comfortable stay without any distractions. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and hope you'll allows the opprotunity to serve you again when in the Clearwater area. Thank-you.
Giulio Calandra and Days Inn Staff

Reviewed December 24, 2011

We stayed there many times.Friendly staff and very nice location.The amall rooms needs refrigerators. I will definatly stay again

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2011

My biggest pet peeve about budget hotel chains, like Days Inn, is inconsistency. Either they're really bad, very good or okay for a one night stay. This hotel falls into the last category. The room was your basic, run of the mill outdated motel room. It was, to my surprise, clean and in fairly good order. The bed was not terribly comfy but sheets and pillows were crisp and clean. The cinder block walls ensured no noise from neighboring rooms. The motel offers free local calls and free wi-fi but ask for a room close to the office if a strong wi-fi signal is important to you. Service was friendly. In fact when I checked out at 5am the overnight desk clerk asked if I wanted coffee and a danish to take with me. That was a nice surprise since the motel doesn't offer continental breakfast until 7am.
As for location, it was great. Very close to a mall, dozens of restaurants, including the original Hooter's and the beaches are a short drive. No real complaints from me and at a rate less than $50 a night, it's a steal for the area.

Room Tip: Close to the front for strong wi-fi.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank-you very much for taking the time to voice your comments. We always enjoy customer feedback, good or bad. We strive to keep a nice looking property and want all guests to have a positive experience.
Please come back and see us again. Hopefully stay a little longer and see some the recent changes we've made.
Thank-you very much Giulio Calandra and the Days Inn Staff.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I was not really expecting much. It's near the Clearwater Airport and that's all I wanted. However, Pizza and salad snacks (free) in the lobby when I got there in the evening , good breakfast, wifi, agreeable staff, clean room, reasonably comfortable bed. Very pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: Just very accommodating and agreeable staff, ready to provide anything you need. I don't know, b...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for years. So I booked a 2 night stay with my wife and granddaughter. When I arrived I was booked in to a room by the pool (as requested). To my surprise the aircon was off in the room - and there was MOSS all over the room and on the carpet actually higher than the carpet!. The smell was terrible. I requested another room immediately. That room was simply drab and DIRTY. It was so bad I had paid for two nights and left the very next morning really early after just one.

Another niceity was when we put milk in the fridge... but someone came in to the room while we were out and turned the fridge off! The result was instead of milk we had cheese... I have to say that this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in since 1993 when I started to come to the USA anually. Its a real pity... this hotel use to be great.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool rooms
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Older motel but well kept and clean. The pool rules say to shower before entering, however the shower handle was broken off. Next to the shower was I believe once a steam room with a floor and walls that had not been cleaned and was out of order. The jacuzzi was hot but had a strange smell to it. The soap was not restocked and we didnt have any toilet tissue one day. Some of the staff were unfriendly. I wouldnt go back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple