Rodeway Inn
$268
$249
Hyatt.com
$168
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$175
$135
  • Beachfront
$215
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cabana Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$126
  • Beachfront
$239
$173
$187
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel when we went to FL for my husband's grandma's funeral.
Our impressions of the hotel:

Carpet
The first thing we noticed when we got to our room was that the carpet was filthy! We have a one-year old daughter who loves to crawl around, but we couldn't let her down for one second.

Bed
The mattress was fairly comfortable, but the sheets were stained and not very soft.

Bathroom
Fairly clean, but the toilet didn't flush on a couple of occasions.

Crib for baby
We had requested a crib for our daughter. We got one, but it didn't have a mattress! They had just folded up what looked like an old army blanket and wrapped a sheet around it. There was no way I was going to let my child sleep on that - talk about unsafe and uncomfortable!. Luckily we know a family in the area that had a pack-n-play we could borrow.

Furniture
Filthy

Pool
Freezing

Continental breakfast
What a joke! Coffee, bagel and butter. That was it. They didn't even have knives to spread the butter with, but put out some plastic forks instead.

Other
The electricity went out when I used the hairdryer. The lights outside are so bright at night it was hard to go to sleep.
I'm sorry we stayed here, and it was the only bad part of an otherwise nice trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank EKHD
clearwaterdaysinn, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

I am sorry to hear about your stay at our hotel. Our hotel offers a cup of coffee and a bagel with the trimmings at no cost with our stay. I have spoken with the correct departments to make sure that the other issues that you had with us will be corrected at once. Thank you for letting us know what issues that you had to make the corrections needed.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed here for one week. The room was spacious with a fridge and microwave,tv had many channels,laundry room available and overall reasonably clean although could do with some better maintenance our door had a two inch gap . There is no coffee machine,ironing board and the breakfast is coffee and a beagle.The staff which we encounted were all miserable.The pool is so close to the highway it was unusable.I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda S
clearwaterdaysinn, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

I would like to say I am sorry that you did not have a great stay with us. We do offer iron and iron boards in the lobby to our guests. We do not offer coffee maker in standard rooms. I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant interaction with our staff, I will speak with all staff members and remind them, they need to be friendly with our guests at all times. As far as the door gap, I will get with the team to make sure that is fixed.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.
Thank you for your response, these help us make corrections as needed.
Heather J.
Manager

Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband & I stayed for 3 (non-consecutive) nights during a visit to the area. We understood that for the price, this was not going to be a 5 star hotel. Our first night was comfortable, and we were pleased with our room; clean and comfortable. We traveled out of the area for the next day, but reserved a room for 2 consecutive nights following. My husband was very ill with a migraine, and upon checking into our room, found a running toilet, no clock, ice bucket, cups, towels, or phone in the room. The ceiling was coming apart, and though freshly painted, was mildewed and the room was very damp. Upon complaining to the management about this, I returned to the room to find the bed was WET! They put us in another room. Sheets were stained and threadbare. I requested fresh sheets and made the beds myself. (The staff was VERY accommodating-no sarcasm intended) The "residents" (it appeared some folks were living there) were questionable, and there was some unruly nighttime activity during our stay. While preparing to pack and leave, I killed a German cockroach on the wall; we then shook out all of our clothing and repacked. When checking out, the sheriff's department and CSI unit were present (a little scary at 5:00am) and the fellow behind the counter was visibly upset. As a result, the incorrect credit card was charged for the room (unnoticed by me until I returned home-and still trying to get THAT straightened out).

While the staff, for the most part, was very accommodating and pleasant, and I understand that this is an old establishment, we were disappointed. The photos shown on the website here are from when this was a Days Inn...not particularly accurate. We stayed at a different chain the one night that was priced the same, but what a difference in cleanliness! I can't help but feel that management could step it up a bit and make this a real "value".

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank KP1255
clearwaterdaysinn, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

I was sorry to hear about your second stay with us, I was pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and helped you with your issues. We have since hired a new pest control company, but it is possible from time to time for bugs to get into the rooms. It sounds like that a mistake might have happened by putting you into a room with out alarm clock, phone, ect. That might have been one of the rooms that they were re modeling. I will speak with the staff and make sure in the future that no one is put into rooms they are working on. Again I am sorry that you had these issues when stayed with us. If you have any questions or would like to speak more about these issues, please feel free to contact us at 727-791-1100

Eric

Reviewed August 10, 2011

The rating I gave is for what we experienced in March 2011.

After looking for another hotel (we never did find) - we drove around this big block of housing and gave up!

We pulled into this extremely well lighted Days Inn. Honestly the lights were so bright we thought it was daylight all night long.

The room was clean, priced right, and seemed safe.

When packing up the car, we began to see some of the riff-raff that stayed there too.

I have to say, it was a good stay, safe, and clean - and priced appropriately. Not at all what I am reading about this place today.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
clearwaterdaysinn, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am pleased that most of your stay was good. I have looked into people hanging around and have taken steps so that people are not just hanging around the hotel.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here to see the Phillies during spring training, I wish that I would have been more careful when selecting my hotel next time. I made sure to tell everyone I know how poorly I was treated. When we arrived in Clearwater (after a 16 hour drive from Philadelphia) I called the hotel to find out if it would be possible to check in a little early because we were so tired from driving we just wanted to get cleaned up and changed. We were abruptly told by the woman who answered the phone that "they don't do that there" and hung up on. We then checked in at 3 pm and went to our "efficiency", with food we planned on cooking, only to find out that there wasn't anything to cook with, along with a broken "cook top". I went down to the front desk to ask why we were not supplied with the necessities to cook, I was then told that "people stole them and Days Inn does not require us to keep them anymore so we don't" I then asked why I was charged extra for an efficiency when I can't actually cook. I was just looked at like I was crazy so I left. I thought it was despicable that they would charge me extra to have a "kitchenette", that was anything but a kitchen. I have stayed at many Days Inn's in my lifetime and everyone of them were so much nicer then this place. The continental breakfast was toast and cereal ( the oranges were on vacation the entire week so we could not have orange juice either IN FLORIDA) I was just so disappointed with the unhelpful staff, and their lack of desire to give a crap about the people who are staying at their hotel. Please don't stay here, it may be cheap but it's not worth the frustration or bs you have to put up with from their rude female staff members.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sgilbert1125

Dear x-Xeroid,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time and filling out the form. This information is very useful to me and helps to make changes to the hotel. I was really shocked to read how your stay was with us. I have spoken to all the staff members about how things were handled with your stay. We did have a problem with the Juice machine, we did contact Farmers Brothers who services the machine and they took over two weeks to come out and fix the problem with the machine. I was very unhappy that our staff would not let you come and change before check in time.

If you have any comments please feel free to contact me at 727-791-1100 my name is Eric

Thank you.