“Awful, dirty motel!”

Ranked #89 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Englewood, Florida, United States
“Awful, dirty motel!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here because there were no vacancies in the area. We DID NOT check trip advisor before checking in here...a mistake my husband & I will NEVER make again! The bed was horribly uncomfortable where the box springs dug into your side all night. We checked in for a week and only stayed 3 days! We did not use their bathroom the entire 3 days we were there because it was so gross! After the first night, we bought a sleeping bag and slept on top of that on the bed, as the sheets were clean but very stained! They have a 4-burner stove and a microwave but no cooking signs all over the room. We found out why the second night! I woke up with roaches crawling all over the bed and on us!! I went and got the manager, Peta, and she told me in broken english that "this is florida and florida has bugs"! I was practically crying because I was so grossed out over it. Their website is a joke and a big fat LIE! They say they have coffee makers in the rooms, a whirlpool, and a continental breakfast but they DON"T! I saw other tenants bring their dogs in the pool...that was AFTER we had went in the pool the day before and my husband got up the next morning with an earache! This place is SO unsanitary and other than Peta, the manager, everyone else who works there is about the rudest staff I have ever came across in the hotel/motel industry! They really DO NOT care about you and your comfort! Very inexpensive motel, and now I see why! One of the worst stays ever! Bypass this place immediately, unless of course you like roaches as friends--for they get up real close and personal to you--while you sleep!!!!

Room Tip: No room here was good!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jennifer Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is the dirty version of Bates hotels.If you like sleeping on blankets that are blood stained and having cockroaches crawl across your face during the night.The false advertisement of continental breakfast was nothing but a joke.They give you the hours of 6 am to 9 am to only find a empty counter-top with left-over sugar sprinkles.Oh by the way i enjoyed a clean room but if you've got to use so much pine soil that you trigger my asthma i'll pass and don't forget the local view of youngsters rolling a joint outside your room next to the pool.

Room Tip: This place is not near clear-water Beach as advertised.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cindy G
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a terrible place. We booked online, when we arrived I knew something was wrong. There were no vacancies in the area so we stayed. People were hanging over balconies going in and out of rooms, slamming doors, hollering all night, at one point men were running down the hall, at approximately 2:30 a.m. My husband and I are in our fifties and have stayed at many hotels over the years but I have never stayed up all night because I did not feel safe until here. As far as the room the sheets had been washed but it had a big cigarette burn in it (housekeeping had to see it) the shower was clean but the furniture in the room was disgusting, what appeared to be blood on the seat of the chair and totally worn out. Do not stay here I agree with a previous review sleep in you car!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Pbillingsley34515
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The check-in was a terrible Indian man that did not speak good English. Rundown, Not What we expected it was horribe!! Cigarette burns everywhere in a non-smoking room.. Missing lightbulbs and no electrical outlets.. Room was nasty and unsanitary. hair in the beds and the mattresses are boxsprings- AND NO REFUNDS
DO NOT STAY HERE! Missing electrical outlet plates, mold in bathroom ceiling and tub and on walls. DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR 140$ A NIGHT!!!!! SAYS IT HAS A HOT TUB AND DOESN'T! The railing outside on second floor is coming off and dangerous. No free local phone calls. If you make a call and it rings 6 times, they will charge you far a completed call.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ruthdoo
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I checked into my room to have my breath taken away by the smell of mildew. The rood lady at the front desk informed me that the first floor had flooded last month and they had cleaned the carpets???? This place should be closed and repaired!!!! I am out a weeks rate thank you very much!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank buckywade10
Middletown
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Do not stay here. Cockroaches in kitchenette. Dirty Shower stall. Some of the lights were without bulbs. Rundown. Outdated TV and fixtures. Our rental car was more appealing to sleep in than this terrible excuse for a hotel. We left 2 hours after we got there and they will not refund our money that was payed up front thru Expedia for a 3-night stay. I am willing to concede the first night's payment. But they owe me for the last 2. We went to a Quality Inn nearby and it was like heaven compared to this place! I am currently disputing the charge through my bank because although Expedia supposedly tried, it was to no avail. I have learned my lesson and will check out the reviews on Tripadvisor from now on!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank J S
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is a rundown place and the front desk representative was an absolute stupid. She does not know anything. Recently they are renovating everything, so this place is a mess right now. No faucet is in perfectly working condition.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank bhaboghure_jhor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clearwater South
TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
#59 of 98 in Clearwater
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater
Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel

Been to Express Inn and Suites Clearwater? Share your experiences!