“Do not stay here!”

Ranked #89 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Orlando, Florida
“Do not stay here!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a terrible place. We booked online, when we arrived I knew something was wrong. There were no vacancies in the area so we stayed. People were hanging over balconies going in and out of rooms, slamming doors, hollering all night, at one point men were running down the hall, at approximately 2:30 a.m. My husband and I are in our fifties and have stayed at many hotels over the years but I have never stayed up all night because I did not feel safe until here. As far as the room the sheets had been washed but it had a big cigarette burn in it (housekeeping had to see it) the shower was clean but the furniture in the room was disgusting, what appeared to be blood on the seat of the chair and totally worn out. Do not stay here I agree with a previous review sleep in you car!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Pbillingsley34515

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The check-in was a terrible Indian man that did not speak good English. Rundown, Not What we expected it was horribe!! Cigarette burns everywhere in a non-smoking room.. Missing lightbulbs and no electrical outlets.. Room was nasty and unsanitary. hair in the beds and the mattresses are boxsprings- AND NO REFUNDS
DO NOT STAY HERE! Missing electrical outlet plates, mold in bathroom ceiling and tub and on walls. DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR 140$ A NIGHT!!!!! SAYS IT HAS A HOT TUB AND DOESN'T! The railing outside on second floor is coming off and dangerous. No free local phone calls. If you make a call and it rings 6 times, they will charge you far a completed call.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ruthdoo
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I checked into my room to have my breath taken away by the smell of mildew. The rood lady at the front desk informed me that the first floor had flooded last month and they had cleaned the carpets???? This place should be closed and repaired!!!! I am out a weeks rate thank you very much!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank buckywade10
Middletown
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Do not stay here. Cockroaches in kitchenette. Dirty Shower stall. Some of the lights were without bulbs. Rundown. Outdated TV and fixtures. Our rental car was more appealing to sleep in than this terrible excuse for a hotel. We left 2 hours after we got there and they will not refund our money that was payed up front thru Expedia for a 3-night stay. I am willing to concede the first night's payment. But they owe me for the last 2. We went to a Quality Inn nearby and it was like heaven compared to this place! I am currently disputing the charge through my bank because although Expedia supposedly tried, it was to no avail. I have learned my lesson and will check out the reviews on Tripadvisor from now on!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank J S
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is a rundown place and the front desk representative was an absolute stupid. She does not know anything. Recently they are renovating everything, so this place is a mess right now. No faucet is in perfectly working condition.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank bhaboghure_jhor
De Soto, Missouri
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We came down and stayed 3 nights and won't stay again. The hotel description says it has a coffeepot, we were told it does not. Our room didn't have a microwave as promised either so I requested and received one...it didn't work. A do not disturb sign showed up on the outside of our door on night one so the room didn't get cleaned. I had to throw a fit with the manager to get clean towels. This was about the time i realized the room didnt even have a phone in it! I later the same evening got to witness the same manager in an argument with another guest as well The hot tub didn't work and looked as if it hasn't for quite some time. The soda machines didn't work either. The place is not located conveniently to anything except a save a lot grocery store and several nude dancing clubs. My personal recommendation is to pay $10-20 more a night for someplace else unless you are only passing through for 1 night.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank l0ve_t0_travel_1974
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed August 10, 2011

me and two home girls stayed here for a trip to Tampa. First off the place is hard to find and since we aren't from Florida we had a hard time navigating around. The receptionist wasn't very helpful giving directions and no one who lives in clearwater seems to know about the place. When we finally got there the placed looks horrible on the outside. We finally got in the room and it was actually nice. seems like it had some updating recently but still needed some work. My friend called it the nicest roach motel she'd ever been to. We didn't see any bugs and the beds were comfortable. they do have wifi but where we were it was barely a signal. The pool is nice but don't recommend swallowing the water by accident. Doesn't seem to be any chlorine in it. The cleaning lady doesn't come while your there as the receptionist pointed out when we needed to get extra towels. Other than these things the place was otherwise decent. I recommend some more extra work put into the place to bring it up to a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank thickmango
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clearwater South
TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
#60 of 98 in Clearwater
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater

Been to Express Inn and Suites Clearwater? Share your experiences!