“Girl's trip”

La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #23 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was there for CSN concert. Stayed two days. I was very pleased with the quality of the room. The staff was friendly and helpful, exceeding expectations. The room was very clean. The location was conveniently close to any and everything we needed. I will certainly use your facility again should I return to Clearwater. Thank you for serving my needs so well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 8, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Loved this hotel, especially for the price, what value !
The manager arranged for us to have an early check in and we received a King Room on the lower floor facing the pool and courtyard which was actually very nice, tropical feel.
The room was excellent, very clean, lots of bath amenities, fridge, microwave, good water pressure, large, bright and cheerful. We were located at a corner room where guests have to use their cards to access outer areas and the parking lot via the doors, never heard a sound in the room however.
Great location on US 19, close to St Pete Clearwater Airport, shopping, restaurants etc.
Breakfast was great, who could expect more ?
Will be back for sure, much better than expected.

A TripAdvisor Member
Belleair Bluffs, Florida, USA
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Seldom in my life and years of traveling both domestically and abroad have I encountered such phenominal service! Granted my check in was rather late at approximately 10:30pm and as such I only encountered one young gentleman at the front desk. He was extremely cordial, knowledgable, humorous and accomodating. Seldom seen amongst most hoteliers in my opinion! The stiff upper lip if you will is wholly unneccessary; whether a weary day of travel or just a pleasant outing (my stay at your lodging being the latter) a snotty attitude leaves much to be desired. I am seldom one to be upsold if you will, however the young gentleman employed by you managed to do so! He pleasantly and informatively suggested the rewards program and proffered a discount for enrollment and also suggested rather tactfully that I should perhaps consider the "king suite" as I was enjoying the evening with my significant other. He not only was most helpful in my acquiring the best room for our stay, but also in local eateries and discounts available to us. If my memory does not fail me I believe his name was Spencer.Upon my depature I was also helped by a young lady by the name of Holly, also very nice and helpful. I would almost venture to say that we would return just to see Mr. Spencer! I cannot recall a more enjoyable check in experience (and is it ever really enjoyable?). The room itself was surprisingly spacious for the value and the cleanliness was top notch, needless to say we were pleasantly surprised! The only adverse thoughts I have whatsoever are that the carpets could use an updating in my oppinion, and the fact that the vending machine did not deliver my bottle of hawaiian punch (so essentially I paid $4.00 for the bottle of water it did vend!). We will most definitely be back and thank you for an experience too seldom enjoyed!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed overnight at this hotel as we were meeting family from England who were staying at Clearwater Beach for a few days. We usually chose La Quinta as we like to take our dog and we are usualy satisfied. Onlly 10 minutes to the beach and clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice, and the location, although not pretty, was good for getting around. Pool area and gardens quite attractive. Staff very friendly.

Room Tip: We had a pool facing room as the ones facing the car park also are on a fairly major road
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Not a five star hotel, and for the price, I didn't expect that. We paid $59.99 for a "last minute weekend deal". The room was decently clean, a few spaters on the walls here and there, a few tiny ants by the sink, but it is Florida. I would rather have a couple ants, than a lot of pesticide. The sheets were clean, the furniture was dusted, the carpet looked pretty clean. The room we had had a balcony, with all plastic chairs and one was cracked, but still perfectly usable. The breakfast was very good. Yes, all the meat was frozen/cold, but easily heated in the microwave right next to the refridgerator it was in. The breakfast was quite large, and my boys need meat, or we will have to stop somewhere else before they are satisfied. They had bacon, sausage, ham, sausage gravy, peanut butter, hard boiled eggs, scrambled egg patties, yogurt. No lack of protein here. Plus waffles you can make, pancakes, and french toast, oatmeal packets, fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, assorted breads, coffee, milk, juice, so many options! Instead of having to pay for a full breakfast for 4 people at a restaurant makes this hotel very cost effective.The pool was warm, and so was the hot tub. We would stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Building C is away from the road in front, we had a quiet night there.
A TripAdvisor Member
Middletown, NJ
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Centrally located, clean, secure rooms, excellent FREE breakfast, gorgeous grounds, and inviting hot tub and pool. Friendly, accommodating staff! High definition TV and WiFi. Close to shopping centers and restaurants. Phillies ball park practically next door!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family