This place is middle of the road for quality and amenities. I will tell you the good, I will tell you the bad and then you can decide:
1st night we had a king bed, as requested, but the a/c did not work in that room. It must need freon because it was cooler outside. They moved us to a room with 2 full beds. That a/c worked great except there was never a time when it wasn't too hot or too cold. If you cooled the room down and went to bed, you were sweating hot by 3am. And the dang units are very loud, it was hard to sleep.
The full bed was so uncomfortable. The pillows are either lumpy and flat or hard. I got a great nights sleep in the king bed, the other 3 nights sleep were horrible. The bedding is not luxurious at all and I was cold most of the time bc the blankets were inadequate.
Toilets clog easily. And I scalded my husband when I flushed the toilet while he was in the shower. The water pressure was not so great either.
I give cleanliness 3 stars because they spray stuff in the rooms to make them smell ok when you open the door, but there was a faint weird foul body odor smell in some areas of our room, not sure what it was exactly or the source.
While you didn't hear your next door neighbor banging around or watching tv, you could easily hear the people upstairs walking back and forth or banging the headboard on the wall....
Location was great. We were house hunting, it was perfect.
I felt safe there. Parking lot was well lit, all entrances required key card, no shady characters hanging around. And there were doggies around, which made me feel good because I was away from my dogs.
The breakfast offered a wide variety of stuff. I don't like breakfast food, but there was a ton of food and it tasted good too.
You get a complimentary micro and fridge.
The housekeeping staff don't have the same sections. The lady that cleans your room one day won't clean it the next. So if you get housekeeping, you should tip the day of. (I asked the housekeeper.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central is centrally located between Tampa International Airport (TPA) and Clearwater Beach, the Closest Hotel to Spectrum Field and surrounded by many great local restaurants and activities. Offering free Super Fast Wifi, free Continental Deluxe Breakfast, free passes to LA Fitness next door, Sparkling pool, Relaxing oversized Hot tub, and a friendly staff ready to make your stay 100% PERFECT! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, LaQuinta, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your La Quinta Clearwater Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Clearwater Hotel Clearwater
- La Quinta Hotel Clearwater
- La Quinta Clearwater
- Clearwater La Quinta