“Great hotel, great food, great service!”

Sheraton Sand Key Resort
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Great hotel, great food, great service!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Have nothing to complain about! The food was great, the staff, extremely helpful and nice. All in all, a place I would go back to in a heartbeat.
The hotel is not necessarily close to any bars, so using the hotel bar/restaurant landed up being what I used, and I was happy with the service. The bar did close sooner that expected, but that was not a deal breaker for me.
Book way in advance so you definitely get good rooms with good views.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DNapoleon, Manager at Sheraton Sand Key Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Our goal is for you to enjoy the kind of experience you anticipated. We do have a few bars that are about 1 5 minute walk away.I am sorry you were not informed while you were here. There is also a nightclub right over the bridge which is 2.0 miles. It is a beautiful walk or it is just an inexpensive taxi or trolley ride away. I’m glad you decided to “stay in” though, and were pleased with your experience. We look forward to your return visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This is my 2nd visit with the family and enjoyed it once again because of the amazing service of the staff. As soon as you arrive you are met with excellent service from the concierge and check-in is a breeze. Jeanne was so welcoming and made sure we were set for a relaxing vacation.

I will agree with other views that the bathrooms are very small and difficult for everyone to get ready for the day, but that is only 30 minutes of the day. The view of the beach is unbelievable and the pool staff is ready to help. With elementary age kids, it is so great that they offer sand toys, footballs, and other items to use at the beach or pool area. They just use the honor system that you will return what you borrowed. Nice perk when most folks are flying to this wonderful destination. It is a kid-friendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
We will look forward to your third visit! All of our associates are committed to providing you with the service levels and recognition you deserve and expect. I will share your comment with Jeanne; I know she will be pleased. When the children are content it usually enables the adults to relax. I hope some memories were made. There is just something so peaceful about looking out the window and seeing the beauty that surrounds us here we are always happy to be able to share.
South lyon
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Went there with my husband and kids for 10 year anniversary vacation. We don't usually rent a car if we're staying by the beach. This was a beautiful beach resort. I found pricing reasonable because it included buffet breakfast for two. They also have a four star restaurant inside and with sun-thurs specials for the dinner buffet for two adults and up to 4 kids for $59 that's quite reasonable. The staff in every occupation from cleaning, check in to pool attendants were so friendly and professional. I would definitely come here again!

• Stayed April 2014
The smell of salt water, the gentle roar of the waves all combine to create a sense of peace and calm here on the beaches of Sand Key. We do try to keep the prices reasonable and have nightly specials as well as a healthy children’s menu with reasonable prices. I hope you enjoyed our Hand Carved Prime Rib of Beef Buffet family special. You are correct… that is a deal $9.83 per person. Children under 5 always eat from our buffet for free. We do have a very talented Executive Chef who ensures that there are choices that everyone will enjoy. Our associates genuinely care and want to ensure they in part are responsible for your positive stay. We will forward to your return visit.
Odenton, Maryland
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Spent five nights staying here and the family enjoyed it. Hotel does a good job trying to promote family activities. It rained one day and they had games, videos and even a wii in one of the banquet rooms for the kids to use. Food is on the high side of cost but not many choices down in Clearwater. Would stay again if we come to Clearwater .

Stayed April 2014
DNapoleon, Manager at Sheraton Sand Key Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Quality time at a wonderful & peaceful place … This is the time for families and we enjoy helping you make memorable moments for your children. We are adding new activities at this time such as Beach Tennis. We have supervised games in and out of the pool. Being at the beach can bring a family together with no intrusions from the outside world; just you the dolphins and the birds. We have been running family specials in some of our food and beverage outlets to make dinning in the hotel more affordable. There are many places to eat in the area many have thymes which is fun to experience. We will look forward to your next visit to Clearwater.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Carpet smelled really bad that we could not sleep the first night. The hotel cleaned the carpet the next day and gave us breakfast vouchers. For the trouble we went through, we should have got one free night. There was no refrigerator and the front desk said they did not have any to provide! No free internet in room (now a days Econo Lodge and other cheap motels provide free internet in room and refrigerator. Sheraton should be able to provide free internet in room and small refrigerator!) Overall the service was good but in one of the hotel's restaurants the server was rude and neglected our table to the point we had to complain to the manager! This hotel was way overpriced for the mediocre experience we had!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eyad M
We always appreciate when our guests take the time to share their concerns with us so we can continue to improve our service. I apologize for the carpet odor, I am pleased that it was cleaned in a timely manner. That occasionally happens when wet clothes and towels are left on the carpet by the previous guest. I do understand this does not resolve the issues you experienced. I concur that the internet is something most all guests require nowadays. It is one of our standards to have a fee in place however just recently we have modified this in a small way and all internet in the lobby or The Mainstay Tavern The Link @ Sheraton Experienced with Microsoft (the Link) is provided free of charge. This may be a step in the direction of providing it complimentary in all guestrooms but for now it remains as a fee based service. We are working on a project at this time to have refrigerators installed in each room, we will finish as occupancy allows. Our associates do truly care about extending excellent service. Concerning the rudeness of the associate; I am very concerned that you experienced that, as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. I would greatly appreciate if you would be willing to take the time to tell me what restaurant so I can follow up.
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I were in Tampa for a friends wedding and decided to add an extra day onto our vacation. We only stayed one night at the hotel but I wish it had been more! The staff was friendly, extremely professional, and accommodating. The hotel was extremely clean and in a great location. The best part was that it was very affordable! I would definitely go back!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura R
Toronto
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We are Starwood members so trying a new spot in Clearwater we immediately considered the Sheraton and were not disappointed. We had a suite with an adjoining room so plenty of space for a family of five. Our visit also included complimentary access to the Starwood lounge where we ate everyday for breakfast - Peggy was great. The facility is perfect - not too big, nice pool area and huge beach. My kids became addicted to beach tennis. We will definitely return to this location. I would also recommend all of the restaurants in the plaza across the street. The food at the hotel was pretty good, but didn't compete with the spots across the road. However, if after a long day at the beach you don't want to venture out, the food is very good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DNapoleon, Manager at Sheraton Sand Key Resort, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
“Welcome to Our Island.” I am truly pleased your experience was what you anticipated. Vacations go better when planned properly and it seems as if planned perfectly when reserving a suite with an adjoining room. I understand your children’s addiction to beach tennis. Beach tennis merges the sports of tennis and beach volleyball into one action packed sport that originated on the beaches of Ravenna, Italy over 30 years ago … it looks like so much fun. I am pleased you explored the area and dined outside of the hotel. Although we do have a very talented culinary staff, the area also boasts many great restaurants. We will look forward to a return visit sometime in the future.