“Simple but has everything you need”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal North Beach

Royal North Beach
Ranked #44 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Simple but has everything you need”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Close to the beach (one block) at the quiet end of Clearwater. 5 block walk to the main drag of shops an restaurants and great public tennis courts near by. Small but good pool, all amenities you need in the apartments (coffee maker, blender, microwave, utensils etc). Even has chairs to take to the beach....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have stayed at the Royal North Beach Motel several times. Each visit we have enjoyed quiet morning (beach) walks and sunset evenings. The Royal North Beach Motel is centrally located so you could walk to the pier, breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is a liquor store, wine bar both walking distance too.

The rooms and pool are very clean, the management is helpful and pleasant. We will be back next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fair Haven, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on my first trip to Clearwater for a friend's birthday. Our suite on the first floor was spacious and clean and the pool was just outside our door which was really convenient. The area is nice and quiet but the busy center of town and the beach are both a short walk away. Looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marybeth B
KSarno, General Manager at Royal North Beach, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay here at Royal North Beach! We hope you will return many times in the future!

Kathy Sarno
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We (me, my wife and our 8 month old baby) stayed at Royal North Beach for five nights in the beginning of February 2013. On our arrival, the room wasn't cleaned too well, especially the kitchen floor was a bit sticky. A worse surprise was the bedroom bed (a double bed), which was probably the worst one we had ever sleeped in. And we are a couple in our 30s without any back issues... The bed was far too soft and you couldn't even turn your head without it making a big noise => quality of sleep was terrible. We complained about the bed and we're given the opportunity to switch to another room upstairs, but the bed up there was similar, so we decided to stay. They also sent a guy to fix the bed, but there really wasn't much he could've done, so that wasn't much for help after all. One day I also spotted a cockroach climbing up from the bath tube drain, but I was just starting to empty our baby's tub water into the drain, so off he went :)

On the positive side, the location of Royal North Beach is really quiet, it's close to the norther residential area of Clearwater Beach, some 15 minutes walk from the central beach. The rooms are spacious and the pool area is nice. The beach is off a 2-minute walk and you have grocery stores and restaurants close by.

Please update the beds!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank jouluhauki
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us. As we explained when you arrived, our Housekeeping staff tried a new product on the tile floors that morning and we were unaware it left a film. As soon as you checked in and mentioned that your floor was "sticky", our housekeeper re-cleaned your entire unit while you enjoyed the pool. I'm sorry we did not catch the problem before you arrived as we should have -- and we thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We have queen pillow-top beds in all of the units and they are not bolted to the wall as hotel beds are -- they are on frames with foot and head boards just like at home. The frame under your bed was a little loose giving your bed a slight sqeak. Our Maintenance person tighened up the frame as soon as you complained. We even offered to let you move to another room of your choice, which you declined to do.

I'm very sorry you were not comfortable while you were here. Fortunately 99% of our guests appreciate the comfort of our pillow-top mattresses. We hope you will return to Clearwater Beach in the future. Thank you again for your review as it only helps us to improve wherever we can.

Kathy Sarno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time ever visiting Clearwater Beach and I did a lot of researching on the town and places to stay. I am so happy I found this place! Everything was clean and perfect! The beach was basically right across the street and all the restaurants and bars were within walking distance. We loved it so much we are already planning a trip next year!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brenda D
Mentor, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in March 2013. Rooms recently updated. Kitchen includes stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker and plates/pots/pans/ect. They provide plenty of towels including towels for pool/beach. There is a smaller grocery store within walking distance and a Publix 10 minutes by car. Pier area within walking distance but far enough away for some quiet time. Folks there were very accommodating. We arrived before check in time (room not ready ...our fault.) The let us use the office to change into swim wear so we could use the pool area until our room was ready. Read other reviews. Shower works fine. Turn knob COUNTER CLOCKWISE. Also in 5 days did NOT see any bugs. Only drawback is no maid service...make your own bed. Place used towels outside your door in provided basket and they will be replaced daily. Beach is just across the street. Book it and enjoy. Denise and Tony

Room Tip: Stayed in 207....quiet...nice view. Pick 1st floor if mobility is a ploblem
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TonyandDenise50207
wesley chapel, florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've been working my way north from our traditional getaways in St. Pete Beach and have found a lovely gem in Clearwater Beach. When we pulled in front of Royal North Beach, I immediately said to my husband, "Oh, this reminds me of the place we stayed in Key West where Goldie Hahn made that movie!" This heavenly spot is located toward the northern end of Clearwater Beach's main drag and the fact that it is across from beachfront is no detriment at all -- at this point, you do not pay an arm and a leg for on street parking, and traffic is always at low ebb. We had a "handicapped unit" which meant two big bathrooms instead of one, but how can bigger not be better? The place was immaculate and I'm a big one on clean. I happened to meet the owner of the complex on our first day's stay. She was bustling about putting new pots, utensils, etc. in my unit and I enjoyed a chat with her about the trial and tribulations of owning
a beach complex (I'd be happy with just a unit - maybe soon come) and she was a great source of info on everything in the area. I just can't wait to steal away from New Tampa as soon as I can and enjoy the vibe of this get-away!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple