“Great place to stay”
Review of Royal North Beach

Royal North Beach
Ranked #47 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The place and rooms are a bit out-dated, but everything is clean. Beach is a block away and is one of the nicer beaches in Fla. Even better, the hotel has free beach umbrellas, carts and toys! We were there in spring and weather was nice but beach was not too crowded. The staff was extremely nice, their dining recomendations were spot on. Our first visit to Clearwater Beach, we plan to go back next year. Reserved by phone through hotel desk, person was very helpful.

Room Tip: The lights stay on in the pool/courtyard all night. See if you can get a bedroom without a window fa...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vtcruiser

Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have been meaning to write this review so now I am finally doing it :)
We stayed there last year around Thanksgiving and we will again this year no doubt , the staff great , the rooms great , close to everything . We did not use our car not even once while we stayed there , we will see you again in November .
I recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I called to see if my husband and I could stay here , we are under 21, He is in the military however. We just want a little weekend vacation, and they won't except anyone under 21. I would understand if we were crazzy 18 years olds, but we are married and in the military. If he is old enough to fight for your freedom and put his life on the line, why wouldn't we be old enough to stay in a hotel? Something should be done about this , it's rediculise and we feel highly offended.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alix M
KSarno, Manager at Royal North Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

We were disappointed to read your review as we give special discounts to all Military families -- and the one exception to our "under 21" policy is for Active Military personnel. While we do not accept reservations for guests under the age of 21, we do make exceptions to that rule for the Military. Anyone who is brave enough to fight for our freedom and protection is an honored guest here - regardless of age.

We are very sorry you were given incorrect information -- and we hope you will be able to stay here with us in the future at our discounted Military rates.

Kathy Sarno

Reviewed September 9, 2011

My girlfriend and I were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel! Our 1 BR unit was very clean, beautifully decorated, and stocked with everything you could ever need. The full kitchen was great and the pool area was immaculate!! Everything from sunscreen to beach chairs to magazines was provided at no cost--this was the little something extra that makes you want to return. The beach is a one-minute walk across the street. The only negative is that the pool area is small with only a few lounge chairs which was not a problem while we were there, but during peak season I could see this as a potential negative. I had a great time and will definitely return in the future!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank sandyr44
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Royal North Beach for our 13th anniversary and it was great. The hotel is located at the more private part of Clearwater Beach and that worked out great for us. The hotel staff was wonderful, anything we needed the tried to accommodate us. We even arrived too early for check-in and Cathy the hotel manager, volunteered to keep our luggage in her office while we headed to the beach. She even called us when our room was ready!!! The condo was so clean, fresh, and cool when we arrived. The pool was great and we were on minutes from the white sandy beach!! They even provide beach umbrellas, chairs, and coolers to take with you.

Room Tip: We loved our room but I don't think there was a bad room in the place!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy D
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The bottom line was that the booking.com website showed dates available that were not in fact available. After reservation was made and we found out that they did not have Saturday check in we decided to make reservations elsewhere. The lady at booking.com said that since it was a discrepency between the website and the property she felt sure they wouldnt charge us cancellation fee. The original cancellation fee was spposed to be $99.99 and because days were changed with booking.com the rate went up to $169. The property manager, Cathy, admitted that it was a new person working front desk and gave out incorrect information but since they had already shuffled all their rooms and reservations aound to accomodate us they would not refund our cancellation fee. My wife and I both called the property manager Cathy trying to appeal to her sense of decency and she was rude and unyeilding. Finally we got her to agree to only charging us $99.99 cancellation fee and let her know that we would dispute this with our credit card company. This was a very disappointing experience with the booking.com website who each time we called we had to go thru a different person and then with the property who chose to be unethical. I might ad that this reservation was made approx 5 pm CT and I called booking.com immediately to straighten this out as well as I left message with Royal North to return my call about it. An email was sent immediately to RN from booking.com. The time lapse would have been from 5 pm CT to 9 am CT so it isnt as though I booked this weeks or months in advance. It is apparent that RN isnt concerned about customer service or future business. As well as booking.com does not back up there customers even when they will admit to descrepencies. Very disappointing!
K Walker

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank mwalker78
KSarno, Owner at Royal North Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

We are sorry you were dissapointed with the reservation experience you had with Booking.com. Unfortunately you did not make your reservations with Royal North Beach directly, however, Royal North Beach was able to accommodate your original reservation as well as all the many changes you made to your reservation. Never did you not have accommodations secured at Royal North Beach for any date you requested. It was unfortunate that you made reservations, then changed the reservation dates, then cancelled the reservation, then re-instated the reservation, then once again had to cancel the reservation all on the same morning. After all that I'm sure you might have been "dissapointed" with the expierience. At least I'm glad we were able to lessen the penalty fees for you. Best of luck in your future travels -- hopefully you will be able to stay here with us one day soon.

Sincerely.
Royal North Beach
Owner and Staff

Reviewed June 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in early May, and we were very happy with Royal North Beach. We had a 1 bedroom condo, with a full kitchen, living room, eating area, bathroom and separate bedroom. It also had a very large walk-in closet in the hallway which was nice to have. The kitchen had pretty much everything you would need, such as toaster, blender, microwave, full fridge, oven, plates, cups, tea kettle, coffeemaker, utensils, etc. It was nice having a kitchen so we could make our own breakfasts and lunches, and keep snacks and drinks in the fridge. We were on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool, but there was really no view from the room - just the motel next door. My only complaint would be that there is no elevator, so we had to carry our luggage up and down the stairs to the room.

The condo was very clean and nicely decorated, and the manager Kathy was very friendly and accomodating. I asked for a late checkout since our flight home was in the mid-afternoon, and Kathy said it was no problem. They provide beach/pool towels, beach carts, coolers, beach toys for the kids, beach chairs and umbrellas, and the beautiful beach is just a 2 minute walk across the street and down a small quiet residential street. Parking was available in front of the hotel, and although we didn't have a problem while we were there, I would imagine it could be difficult to find a spot on weekends.

It was about a 15 minute walk to Pier 60, where most of the nightly action is. We enjoy walking, so we walked down to the Pier and beyond each night. There are several nice beach-front restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk, and we especially enjoyed the Palm Pavilion for dinner while watching the sunset. We also ate at Crabby Bill's Beachwalk across the street from the main beach, and the food was good and we watched another amazing sunset.

We used the pool once, and although it was small, it was very clean and refreshing. There were magazines and suntan lotion available near the pool as well. The hotel is small enough that it never felt crowded, and you got to know some of the other guests. We would definitely stay there again, especially considering the price of some of the fancier hotels like the Hilton, Hyatt or Sandpearl.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple