“Cheap Hotel, Great Location, Awful Service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clearwater Beach Hotel

Clearwater Beach Hotel
Ranked #59 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Belfast
“Cheap Hotel, Great Location, Awful Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

Hi there, if you are looking for a cheap stay near Clearwater beach this is definitely a good choice. However it is very basic and does have its flaws: We were a family of 7 coming over to Florida for a 2 week holiday and travelled to Clearwater for me and my husband to get married, so we chose this hotel as it was convenient and cheap for a one night stay.

1: I requested a key for the safe in my room as we were going to the beach and didnt want to leave all our valuables in our bag, but the key didnt work in the safe so we bundled all our stuff into one of the other safes in our group.

2: I laughed when i saw their breakfast room. because there were 7 people in our group and im not sure that there was even enough seating for us. it was so small i couldnt believe it

3: The most important point. I was disgusted at the service I received from one of the staff. I had originally though great this will be good, we got checked in early which I was very pleased about. However that all changed later on. My wedding was at 7:30 in the evening on Sandkey beach. We got a taxi back from the beach, but myself, my husband and my neice and nephew arrived first as the others had to make a stop of at the all night chemist, unfortunately i had forgotten to get my key from my sister. There was a huge thunder and lightening storm going on and the kids were terrified. so we are all standing there in full wedding gear watching the lightening and rain. I went to the reception and asked could they give me a spare key. He argued with me over the name and address on the room for 10 minutes only to find out he was looking at the wrong room. He had kept asking for my identification, bearing in mind im standing in a full on wedding dress where could i store id and why would i need it?? he kept on you need id, im doing this for your own security he said. so i walked out to the bench crying with the kids already in tears just wanting to get into my bed. 10 minutes later the guy came out and said he had found my booking and the copy of my passport. it was at that point i realised, what on earth was the point in taking photo id if he was just going to turn down helping me. In the end i got up to the room took of my wedding dress and put on my pj's i was too annoyed to even go out and celebrate what should have been the happiest night for us!

My advice would actually be to spend a little extra and go to a better hotel. There is no way I would stay in a hotel like that again. I understand it was a cheap hotel £50 per room and what can you expect, but i paid £30 to stay in a premier inn back home near the airport and it was fantastic, the staff were super friendly and the rooms were really comfortable.

Just think twice before staying here, especially if your staying more than one night. I was only too glad to be going after one night.

As a customer relations agent for a travel company i will also be posting this review on their website too

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HappyLyndsey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Davenport, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a short weekend trip at the end of April. Last year on another trip to Clearwater we stayed several miles from the beach and spent a lot of the trip driving. This time we wanted to stay somewhere that we could park the car and walk to everything. Well, you can definitely do that at the Clearwater Beach Days Inn. It is located on the bay side of Clearwater Beach but the beach access is right across the street. Also it is a short walk to the Pier (where most of the action is), the marina, and most of the shops and restaurants of Clearwater Beach. There is a new pedestrian park-like walkway along the beach that runs about half of the way from the Pier to the hotel.
The hotel itself is very nice - I wouldn't say excellent. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. We had booked a room for one night then we found out we would be able to stay a second night and had to make a seperate reservation for that. They allowed us to check in for both nights at the same time and stay in the same room with no difficulties. We got a room on the first floor on the bay side - you could see the bay from our room even from the first floor. The pool is right on the bay and it had a nice sun deck, but the pool itself was hazy and freezing cold. I couldn't even get in and my husband only got in for a minute. The room was very small but clean and it had a coffee pot, microwave, and refrigerator. There was a good free breakfast with lots of choices but check the dates on the milk if you have cereal - it was all expired by over a week when we were there.
There are several other hotels in the area but we were glad we chose the Days Inn. We may have had to walk a little bit farther but it definitely wouldn't have been worth the extra money.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Brick,NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

The Hotel is within walking distance from everything. The staff is quite friendly and helpful. Just wish they had king size beds available.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

This motel is very decent. It's clean , breakfast is served every morning, close to Sheppard's bar/buffet. It's not directly on the beach but it's right across the street. It can be loud but for the price ($70) I was quite satisfied with my stay and not disappointed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

I called to make reservations by phone and was led to believe the motel was on the sandy beach with a view of the Gulf of Mexico. Instead it was on one of the busiest intersections on Clearwater Beach and the noise was crazy loud with hot rod cars and sirens making it impossible to have a good night's sleep. The motel staff did help us get a room on the back side of the building the next day with a peek a boo view of the little marina which they called a harbor. It was disappointing but all we could find in our price range at about 75.oo a night. After we got there we found other places that had vacancies in better locations. They did have a nice breakfast room with pretty good food. Maid service did a good job. The pool looked fine but it was too cold to want to try it.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Erial, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2010

Not a bad place to stay but other places close by offer more for the same price. This hotel offers queen size bed with wireless internet in the office lobby. For the same price and very close by you get a king bed with wireless in your room. We stayed here Feb 8th which is a quiet time in the area and I can't give any idea of what it's like during "tourist" season.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jas45
Brunswick, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

I booked my trip through Travelocity and paid approximately $65/night. I read several reviews before booking, but was still apprehensive because of the low rate. I was relieved when we arrived and found a decent hotel with clean rooms and a friendly and helpful staff.

The location is perfect for exploring this small city. You could find a hotel right on the beach, but for the money, this Days was perfect. The pool area is nice and has plenty of room for lounging. The continental breakfast includes bagels, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, juice, and coffee. Wifi is available in the small dining area.

I would recommend Gondolier Pizza, Sea Wake, and Shepard's Tiki Bar, as we visited these establishments several times.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends