“Excellent for the price!”

Clearwater Beach Hotel
Ranked #55 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great hotel for the price! Very clean room....comfy beds, clean bathroom. A/C blasting cold air. Great location, behind is the harbor and in front is the Gulf. Beautiful view from the floor balconies. Room had microwave, fridge, coffee maker. Lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance. Front desk service very friendly. I give this hotel an A+ and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kel4377

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were traveling back from anna maria and decided we needed one more day at the beach. Ended up in Clearwater beach. Pulled in and got a room here. Darius was very pleasant and we checked in at twelve in the afternoon. So reasonable. I have to say if you haven't been to Clearwater and you are considering it I would recommend this hotel. In saying that I would not spend more money to come to Clearwater it is just not that nice of a beach. super touristy. the only negative is street side is a little loud. but has the ocean view.

Room Tip: the rooms are a little loud close to street side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jjfnm
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here with my husband while we were in Clearwater Beach for a wedding weekend. As hotels on a beach go, it was fine. As hotels in general go, I wish I had shelled out a little more money to stay at the Holiday Inn across the street. The $30 or so that I saved each night probably would have been worth it.

When we checked in, the hotel’s phone/internet/cable was down and the woman at the desk was very nice and checked us in and gave us room keys, despite not being able to authorize our credit card at that point. There was another employee on the phone trying to straighten out the problem with the internet quickly. We were heading to dinner anyway, so otherwise we weren’t affected by the problem. I just gave her my credit card when we checked out instead and it all worked out fine. The fact that they have free internet is great, and unlike some of the other hotels in the area, they also don’t charge a daily parking fee - we were given a parking tag for our car. This was great, except that we met friends in Tampa on Sat night, and there were ZERO parking spots when we got back around 11pm. I’m guessing several of the cars in the lot weren’t guests of the hotel. We ended up parking at their sister building across the street which wasn’t too far.

As for the hotel itself, if you can look past the weird statues on the balconies, it was perfectly acceptable for being on the beach. The room wasn’t particularly inviting, but the queen size bed and tile floors were positives. The bed was not the most comfortable, but at least it wasn’t a double, and I slept fine on it. It also was VERY squeaky, which is awkward with thin walls. I don’t really mind such thin walls in a hotel (I expect there will be noise at some point on any trip outside my 4 walls), but I was a little bothered by the large gap between the door to the room and the frame. Since the doors are all exterior on the building, I was a little concerned about bugs being able to easily get into the room through the gap. I can’t say I ever even saw a single bug in the room though.

The room was relatively clean, but I did see some hairs and weird rust-like stains on the walls in the bathroom. We actually put a few towels aside to not use because they had dark hairs which definitely were not ours on them when they were supposedly “fresh.” Most of the towels were fine, although the hotel could use a soft goods overhaul since some of the “white” towels were looking a bit gray and dingy.

What the room lacks in quality on the interior, it made up for in location (at least for us). We were right across the street from the wedding we were attending at the Holiday Inn, and it’s about a 2 minute walk to Clearwater Beach. It’s not on the main drag, but it also was not a big deal when we forgot sunblock one day and had to go back to the room to get it. We weren’t there to spend time in the room, and I think the price is appropriate at $80-90 a night.

Room Tip: Thin walls, try to get a room away from the elevator if you're looking for a quieter room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wildcatkb03
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel has a nice location. Closed to the beach, beach front, gulf front. Parking is easy though we left the car and took the trolley where the stop is just across the street. Clean room thoughoutdated but it serves the purpose. microwave, fridge bed. The only problem we have was its short shower curtain floods the toilet floor when you take a shower.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jemcmac
Reviewed June 11, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Lindsey A
brenda n, Front Office Manager at Clearwater Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My parents and I stayed the night for my dads birthday, it was a great time! We were so close to everything and to the beach, we walked so much! My dad enjoyed himself so much! The rooms were a good size, beds a tad hard but it was still nice. Great having a microwave and fridge in the room, the TVs were up to date! Couldn't have been happier, and my dad had the best birthday.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Babygirlll2010

We are so glad your dad had a great birthday staying with us! Please come visit us again soon!!

Ayana

Reviewed May 28, 2013

stayed here quite some time back and while it is certainly an older hotel, I liked it's layout and comfortable rooms. rooms were quite large, beds a bit hard but bathroom had a very powerful shower.

There may be other hotels with a better location ie. actually on the beach but with it's keen rates and obliging staff, it would be my hotel of choice in Clearwater.

Lots of good places to eat nearby and a Walgreens around the corner.

Would recommend but would also point out that this is not a 5star hotel nor does it pretend to be.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple