“Was OK - Very old - Probably will not go back”

Clearwater Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Tampa, Florida
“Was OK - Very old - Probably will not go back”
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Stayed here last Saturday night. Booked online through Daysinn.com @ $110.00 for the night (including tax).
Arrived at 11AM and I knew there would be no rooms available so my boyfriend and I went to eat lunch first. Got to the hotel about 1:30 and the lady said to come back at 2. Came back about 2:15 and no rooms ready. Told us to come back in 30 minutes. Came back at 3PM and the lady said there was still nothing but kept scanning the computer and found a room.
1st floor, room 111, right by the pool and stairs on the end.
The room was clean but very old. The hotel itself is very old. Half of the furniture in the room looked like it had been chewed on by a dog. With the way all this looked, it wasn't worth the $110 I paid for it.

However, the hotel is in walking distance to the beach, a Hess gas station, a pizza restaurant, ice cream stand, an IHOP and Shepards (which is a beach resort with a tiki bar and nightclub).
There are several other little hotel/motels around that are probably a lot nicer than this place. All in all it's a little overpriced for what you get. I will stay somewhere else next time.

• Liked — Location - walking distance to everything
  • Disliked — Old old old
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2008

OK, it's not on the beach, but right across from it and the price reflects that and is big savings. The room was clean but not fancy. The coffee was good and the pastries available in the morning.
We thought we had reservations elsewhere which turned out to be a big Snafu. The desk clerk at the Days Inn kept his cool while I was losing mine and calmly got us a room. Patrick was very helpful with his knowledge of local info and he was always courteous and efficient.

Stayed April 2008
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 21, 2006

I saw your news program last night and I wanted to write you and tell you about the DAYS INN in Clearwater Beach, FL where a couple of years' ago, my daughters and I visited. I certainly hope they cleaned up their act by now, however, when I wrote to both Travelocity and Days Inn, I received no reply from either.

It was a terrible experience and we left immediately. We were extrememly surprised that a DAYS INN could have been so dirty and run down. It was a disgrace.

There were 2 other families in our same situation.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 17, 2004

The price was great for being across the street from the beach...but man, IT WAS STINKY!!! I thought we would get used to it, but everytime we'd go back to the room, it was horrible!!
Other than that - restaurants close by, the pool was nice, and the service was exceptional. We wanted a fridge in our room, so they actually brought one up for us!! They were always happy to help us find whatever we were looking for. Clearwater Beach is awesome, but very crowded - I recommend driving down the street to Indian Rocks Beach - very secluded and parking is abundant (we went in November). I parasailed for my first time - an absolute MUST for anyone who's never tried it! All in all, everything's very close by - just be warned about the smell in the hotel!!!

• Stayed November 2003