“Older Hotel, but not bad”

Clearwater Beach Hotel
Ranked #53 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This past weekend, I stayed at the Clearwater Beach Hotel. It was essentially a last minute walk-in reservation since my trip to the left coast was on the spur of the moment. As an older motor lodge, but recently renovated I found the hotel a pleasant surprise. Centrally located, I was a short walk from several restaurants, convenience stores and the beach was right across the street. I guess for the beach, the price was pretty decent but I will admit I had sticker shock considering its an older hotel. However, I ended up with a room with a small kitchenette and seperate living space with futon. WiFi also worked great and I liked sitting outside in front of my room (they provide each room with patio chairs) to work online. And the price was way better than the other hotels on the strip.

I was at the tail end of Spring Break, but my stay was pretty quiet and I was near the elevator. The continental breakfast was somewhat of a joke. It consisted of coffee and packaged eats like granola bars and oatmeal...really?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went for vacation during spring break. The hotel room was clean and had a microwave, coffee maker, and fridge. The hotel was about a couple of blocks away from the beach and there was a few places to eat close by. Hotel staff was very nice, the hotel maid actually would ask me if i wanted my room cleaned since we were staying for a week, i didn't have to ask them. The hotel was convenient to a lot of stores nearby and the beach. The pool was heated and was nice and warm during the chilly nights and the area very clean. I would definitely go back again. Good prices during the off season and even during spring break the prices were pretty decent. Check it out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for 4 days for spring break. We found an excellent deal on living social that we used, but since we combined living social deals, we had to move rooms in the middle of our stay.The rooms were nice and clean and the location was great. We had a very low rate so the "no breakfast" was to be expected. The staff should probably work on their communicaton skills. I called to book 2 nights with no problems, they never asked my age, my friend called to book her nights and was told she couldn't stay there because she was not 25yrs old. (That was supposedly their policy for the month, although I was not informed while making my reservation and it did not show up on the website until after we booked). Other than the miscommunications from the staff, the stay was great!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location is great, short walk to the beach, near by restaurants, clean rooms, comfy beds, and helpful staff.

The downside is paper thin walls, and no carpeting on the floors makes a huge fail. Too much noise!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel is so gross!!!! We booked a family trip and it was a total disaster. I expressed that this was a family of 4 when I booked the room as well as when we checked in and was assured that we had a nice room with nice people next to us... Yeah right! We took luggage to room and then the disaster started. The door didn't close all the way, you could see outside through the door frame, NO LIE!!! We were placed next to drunk spring breakers that were screaming from the balconies at 4 in the afternoon. Totally drunk people calling 911 from the elevator, it was a disaster. We demanded our money back and left the hotel after only 4 hours. We were essentially homeless with a toddler!!! Not to mention in took them over a week to refund our money. This place is a DUMP!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Christina B
Reviewed March 21, 2013

A group of four of us (two couples) met up with other friends for the Phillies spring training game on Saint Patrick's Day. We were looking for a good location to the downtown beach area and weren't trying to break the bank to do it. Given that this time of year is considered high season and it also coincides with Spring Break, I had a tough time locating anything that wasn't less than $200 for the night.

I found this hotel using TripAdvisor and decided to take the chance. We were pleasantly surprised! The room was clean, spacious and had a kitchenette to boot! There were some Spring Breakers, there but they weren't out of control and we weren't in the room much except to crash.

Completely convenient to the downtown strip and right across from the beach. Would definitely recommend for a quick weekend trip to Clearwater if you aren't planning on spending a lot of time around the hotel and just need a landing spot at night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This nice hotel is close to beach, within walking distance for just about all things on the clearwater beach area. It is clean with friendly staff, and the price of rooms were better then most in the area. well worth it to me!.......... but no breakfast(plenty of places near by) and there was a bit of traffic noise which could keep light sleepers up.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends