“Best location for the price”
Review of Beachview Hotel

Beachview Hotel
Ranked #48 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Wichita, Kansas
“Best location for the price”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have stayed at the Beachview quite a few times over the years. This last trip wasn't quite as pleasant, but not because of the hotel staff! Day 2 of our trip, the elevator would not open the doors on the 4th floor, which is where we were staying. I have claustrophobia and when that door would not open, I was getting nervous very quickly. I pushed the 5th floor button, and the elevator did move and open on the fifth floor. Needless to say I did NOT use the elevator from that point on. They were able to get the elevator fixed by the time we left, but that didn't do us any good having to lug our suitcases down the stairs to check out. They also had an issue with the Pool. It was not open the whole time we were there. Neither of these two issues have ever occurred before, so I will not write off the hotel because of this trip. When I asked for some sort of compensation for the elevator/pool issue, I was given a small discount on the price of our room. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but good enough to show their good faith in trying to keep me as a repeat customer. The views from the rooms are truly great, and the price of the rooms is very reasonable for summer. If you travel off season, the rates are REALLY good.

1 Thank worldtravellerks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Ridgeley, West Virginia
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed here from 8/9 - 8/15 and we have NOTHING but praise for the Beachview Inn. Over decades of traveling, we have stayed at every type of accommodation imaginable, from the very best to the very worst. Believe us when we say we have seen some VERY shabby motels and hotels that tried to possum themselves as being MUCH more. We have been deeply disappointed by names familiar to those who seek the very best as well so we're not playing favorites here. As cited by other reviewers, the Beachview Inn is NOT at the cutting edge for services or architectural distinction. But it DOES provide a comfortable, clean and hospitable setting for couples or family in search of traditional lodging. We had a corner room on the fifth floor that afforded a commanding view of the Gulf of Mexico and its spectacular sunsets. We have added Clearwater Beach to our itinerary of vacation spots and this inn offers location at a value. There are an interesting variety of shoppes and some really great dining venues within easy walking distance. Despite some reviewers' complaints that the ocean is across the street (same as for the Hyatt Regency next door) we saw no need to petition for its relocation. We've stayed at oceanfront accommodations where the walk to the water took twice as long as it does here with no street in sight. In summary, the Beachview Inn is good value for money spent and we recommend it as suitable, if not luxurious, hospitality for your consideration.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RidgeleyTwosome
South Pole
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed at the Beachview Inn on Clearwater Beach, Florida recently. THIS IS NOT a 5, 4 or 3 star hotel. This is maybe a 2 star hotel at best. If you are trying to save money there are cheaper places to stay that are just off the main road through Clearwater Beach. THIS IS NOT A HOTEL THAT SITS DIRECTLY ON THE BEACH. This is across the street from the beach. No view of the beach. This is a nice quiet hotel if you stay in the back. If you face the pool I do not think it is as quiet. There is no life guard for the pool and it seemed there was no hours enforced by the hotel. The hotel is bare bones for a hotel and very dated. But on the plus side everything is very clean. I had to tell the hotel repeatedly of things not working. Which were not fixed durring my visit. Staff was very friendly but do not get your hopes up for what they call a Continential Breakfast because it is very basic and not even Continential. It is close to Crabby's Resturant and McDonalds. Sits right on the major boardwalk. If you are looking for a Hyatt or Marriott quality hotel this is not it. If you are just looking for a place that is a place to lay your head at night that is some what cheap. This is it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Stephen M
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed at the hotel over the July 4Th holiday weekend and had no issues at all...and I'm not a employee which a recent reviewer said does all the reviews. I had a very nice stay and the location is perfect, can't get any better. We are already planning our next trip and will stay there again. It's not the Hyatt or even the Hilton but it's sufficient. If your looking for fancy then this hotel is not for you.

Room Tip: Ocean View
Clearwater
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Beachview Inn and we couldn't have been happier. It definitely shows it's age but appears to be recently updated so it didn't feel it. The staff was wonderful and the check in/out process was quick and easy. Location is great and prices fair. We were right on the beach, close to some great restaurants and bars. I would stay again if staying in CWB again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank jcisney05
Rotonda West
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Loved the location! great price for the location. Went up for a friends 40th birthday. Had to go back for son's basketball tournament so we stayed again and were automatically offered a discount for a second stay. It was not a hotel that I wanted to hang out in, but I didn't book a place on Clearwater Beach to stay in the hotel. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. When housekeeping cleaned the next day they did a great job. I would definitely stay here over and over because of the reasonable price, cleanliness and location, location, location!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mimi1924
Reviewed July 25, 2014

By no stretch of the imagination did I think I was checking into the Fountain Bleu Hotel, so my expectations were mainly for the beach, nice restaurants, a sunset view and for the room to be clean enough to sleep and shower in. That's exactly what I got!
If you are going to stay in the hotel most of the time, this may not be the hotel for you, but if you just want to sleep and shower in the room and enjoy the city. This place will work.

Travel dates 7/13 & 14, 2014

Room Tip: View from front and back are fine...Marina in back...beach in front. I didn't pay extra for the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends