“I will be coming back here” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Beachview Hotel
Ranked #50 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
New York City, New York
“I will be coming back here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

So this was my first time in Clearwater beach and I decided to stay here. Room was not that cheap but I went during spring break, so that answers that. The employees were really nice to me and my family. There was a front desk female employee (forgot her name something with a C) who was very helpful, I asked about any local things that were around and she knew by detail where the fun spots were. She was really nice and helpful. The maintenance people were really nice too, but I do recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking to have a relaxing time.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Not the nicest of employees. I would never ever return. The rooms where nasty. If not for certain circumstances we would have left. The staff at the front desk speak in Spanish to each other while you are standing there. We asked for extras set of sheets for the nasty couch and were told they had none. Finally delivered by a woman who seemed so put out. The view is amazing but your balcony is basically on top of your neighbors. No privacy. The pool does not have handles on steps for easy access for those in need. I have never spent so much time on beach in order to not be in room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 319TWM

Travelers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Nothing is cheap in this area which makes this place reasonable. The advertised rate is not for ocean view. Rooms are available with kitchenettes. The basic room has no refrigerator. It has a nice outdoor pool on the second floor with a beautiful view of the sunsets. The rooms are a bit worn but clean. This is located a short walk from Pier 60 and next to two great eating places. The beach is directly across the road with no obstructed views.
On the negative side, find a breakfast somewhere else unless you're addicted to prepackaged sweets. One day we found yogurt in the fridge along with milk and OJ.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fossr50
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Was only in town for a short time and decided to stay here. I'm am used to staying at a Holiday Inn or Hilton, so this place was quite a downgrade for me. The outside of the building is ok, doesn't look great. The employees at the desk were very friendly and accommodating. The room was extremely basic. Just two beds and a small table with a coffee pot and phone, and a TV. The room was extremely outdated. There were ants all over the bathroom counter. Also, the sheets and towels had stains all over them as well as random markings. The locations was right on the beach but other than that it wasn't great. I was happy to check out!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank blazers88
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Location was the biggest plus. Bit is on a good spot on the strip. Very close to several restaurants and on a great spot near the beach. The lady on the phone when I made the reservation was abrupt and uninterested, but the gentleman at the desk when we checked in was friendly and helpful. Parking was $5.00 a day, wifi in the room was $3.00 a day, free in the lobby. Our room was a double on the third floor with inter coastal view, but no balcony. It was the lowest cost room. The room was dated but clean. The beds were very comfortable. There was also a dresser, t.v. and one chair. There was plenty of hot water. We didn't try the breakfast. If you are planning on spending most of the time at the beach, are on a budget, and just want a place to sleep this was adequate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mars4b
Frankfort, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed here March 23, 2014 through March 27th 2014. We had a Double Queen Suite on the 4th floor. Every employee was more than accomodating, starting with our arrival. We drove from Indiana straight through to Clearwater, arriving around 11:00 am. My husband went to check in, even though we knew our room was probably not ready yet. The front desk lady let him know that the previous people had already checked out, but there was no way to know when our room would be ready. It was no problem to go ahead and park on the property and use the pool while we waited for our room, she took our phone number and called us as soon as it was cleaned which ended up being around 2:00 pm. Our room was clean and perfectly adequate size-wise for our family (3 adults and 2 children). There was a small kitchenette with a cooktop (didn't use), dinnerware, silverware, and coffee-maker (also didn't use). The bathroom was small, have to stand on either side of toilet to open door to get out, but all older motels have small bathrooms. The tub/shower was large and there was plenty of countertop space. Plenty of hot water, pressure was low, but manageable. We never had a problem with the air conditioning either, and the ceiling fan in the bedroom part of the suite was a pleasant surprise! I don't know why everyone is complaining about the breakfast, I can remember traveling when I was a kid and the continental breakfast was even less than they provide. Donuts, danishes, toast, muffins, and cereal, and milk, juice, coffee, and hot chocolate. More than sufficient. It is kind of weird that you can't take anything back to your room, but I can understand that others may have taken advantage of them and used the continental breakfast to supply all their snacks for the day, when that isn't the purpose of this amenity. If you don't like their policy/choices, there is a McDonald's 2 doors down, and a breakfast restaurant directly behind the motel. Crabby's (directly next door) also serves breakfast (very good!). Location is everything with this motel. Directly across the street from the beach, balconies with gulf views, pool with gulf views, every thing you could want within walking distance. We never had a problem getting towels or toiletries. Attitude is everything, I would find it difficult to deal with many of the people leaving bad/negative reviews I think. If you need to be waited on hand and foot, better to stay at the Hyatt or Hilton.

Room Tip: 4th or 5th floor, gulf side for an amazing view!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank hoosiermomma0616
New Haven, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The front desk lady was the absolute rudeness person I have ever met! Called to make sure they could accommodate 2 vehicles they said Yes get here and get told NO and the other vehicles we have to $15 a day! Really! And we are trying talk to the lady and she was like its not up for discussion that's the end of it! Really I am not a little kid don't talk to me like that! Just plain rude and we never recommends this place to anyone ever!

• Stayed March 2014