All reviews across the street clearwater beach beach view continental breakfast yogurt location location location small room decent hotel ocean front kitchenette cks balcony gulf tiki umbrellas
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Get the 5th floor view to the beach. Very close to the ocean and everything you need: shopping, dining, gas, etc. Good price, clean room w/ comfy beds. Breakfast is packaged sweets & they act like nazi's if you try to leave with a muffin, but I can't complain about anything else.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank SouthPaw1980
Reviewed June 10, 2013

As Tampa reseidents we have stayed at many places up and down the beaches from St. Pete to Clearwater. We have stayed both at upscale hotels and the more modest retro, 60's and 70's style older motels. In general we not had a real bad experience at any of the places we have stayed. We finally decided to try the Beachview Inn because of the location and price. We got the upper floor Gulf front King suite (those are recently renovated). The view was great! The location of the hotel can't be beat, directly in the middle of Clearwater Beach. We had no problems. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a refrigerator, two TV's, Gulf front balcony, etc. The pool was pretty good. Bathroom is small, but typical of older hotels. It was clean and adequate. The only complaint we have is the elevator is so slow. Most of the time we took the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. The front desk help was polite. The room was properly cleaned each day. When we reported that we only had decaf coffee the front desk gave us several packets of caffeinated coffee. Everything here was fine for us and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: Pay a little more to get upper level suites. Those are the recently renocated rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Couples_Memory
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were in Clearwater for our 5th Anniversary vow renewal. We stayed one night at the Beachview. Our room was wonderful. All the amenities. and a beautiful ocean view! Very clean, spacious, friendly staff. would recommend and will defienely stay there again when in clearwater. my only complaint was with the free breakfast. some friends of ours were staying there as well, and went to partake of the breakfast. she wanted to take her cup of coffee with her and was informed that if she took the "styrofoam" cup out of the room that there would be $10.00 charged to her room....are you kidding me? the woman was very rude! other than that the rooms were fine.

Room Tip: i would say either the oceanview or not...even out of the front door of our room we had a view of the bay. both very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank niteangel41
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I checked in at around 3:00 pm with a gentlemen by the name of Anthony, when he asked me what car I had, I told him I had my son’s car at the moment, but that my son would be getting there around 7:00 pm and would be bring me my car. Anthony said that would be fine but I had to pay $5.00 dollars for the car I came in and it would be $10.00 a day for the additional car.
When my son arrived at 7:00 pm, he went up to the room to get me, took all but 5 minutes, I went to my car were it was parked and was going to start getting some groceries out and my son decided we should go to the front desk first, so I put the bag back down on the front seat (including my wallet) and we continued to the front desk. This time there was a girl working, she proceeded to tell me that they did not give out any guest passes on holiday weekends, I told her what Anthony told me and she said that I was misinformed and she could not give me tag (never apologized). I said, fine, it does not surprise me that I was misinformed! I then walked out to get my car and it was gone!!
My car was towed away even though I specifically told the front desk employee when I checked in, that my son was working and would be coming later with my car and he told me that all I had to do was to get a guest tag at the front desk for $10 a day. Well this was just the beginning of my nightmare vacation, my wallet being in the car, I had to call my bank and cancel my credit cards and checking account. I left my room that Saturday evening and went back home, I was so upset because my weekend with my grandchildren was ruined. I spent the entire weekend with no money because my bank was closed for the Holiday. When my son spoke to the hotel manager, she would not take responsibility for her employee’s actions and after arguing with the Manager over the phone (because she was not on site) and 3 hours later, she finally agreed to pay the Tow company half of the $120.00 fee and let me have my car back for $60.00 instead of the full price of $120.00. This is also written and acknowledged on the Tow slip which I would be more than happy to show anyone who is interested. While all of this was occurring, a lady and her daughter came into the office to inquire about making a reservation for the 4th of July weekend. She walked out and 5 minutes later walked back in yelling that her car was towed, and she was just a potential guest! I can only imagine that her experience was almost as bad as mine was!
After 3 hours, I had my car back and an entire night wasted, not to mention the rude employee and very rude tow truck driver. I ended up having to pay $52.50 for 3 days and park my car in the parking garage next door. Then on Saturday morning I decided to take my grandkids down to the pool and it was absolutely filthy! Clumps of human hair and bubbles of scum floating on top of the water. When I ask the maintenance guy if they were going to clean it, he said there was a company that came to do that and was not going that day. So I had to go get the skimmer and clean it myself so my grandkids could get in. This was the worst place I have ever stayed in and the employees are all lacking of Customer Service skills and all act like they do not care about anything or anybody!

I will not recommend anyone to stay in this place, it is a dump!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Classy1021
Reviewed May 24, 2013

It's true, this hotel has a great location and for the price, you will be hard to beat it. The room was pretty clean and 3 nights into my stay I would have been giving them a 5 star review but on our 4th day the maid decided to be dishonest about us having a no service sign on our door. Our room didn't even have a do no disturb sign and we were in and out of the room all day, so I know for a fact it wasn't on the door. Simple mistake right? Well not when I called the hotel lobby to get some toilet paper. We were completely out and had expected our maid to replenish. The lobby receptionist was harsh said, "I don't know what to tell you". She didn't apologize. She even accused me of yelling at her and although I know my tone got more stern as she was basically calling me a liar I also know for a fact I was not yelling. I did make a comment about customer service and how I did not feel the way this was being handled appropriate. The lady decided to tell me there was such thing as guest service and I should not be harassing her. Calling to get toilet paper delivered to my room is harassing? Calling to report an employee who was either very confused or dishonest is harassing?

I can't say I don't reccommend this hotel, just be warned there are a few employees who truly do not know the definition of guest services and customer service.

It's true, you won't beat the price, view and location. Except maybe the Travelodge next door but even then you will have a sand pile obstructing your beach view. You will have a water view but still, it's not quite the same. The travel lodge is cheaper if you have a AAA discount by far and is literally right next door. Just request a top floor.

This place has poor customer service, especially when you are paying 170ish a night it's unacceptable. For 170 a night, I expect toilet paper to be delivered to my room when the maid neglected to replenish it. I don't care if you have a water view or not, basic necessities are why people stay in hotels. And when a mistake happens, own it, make an excuse... I don't care.. but don't you dare blame me or tell me I am lying. I work hard for my money and next time I'll save a bit more for the Hyatt where the toilet paper will be free flowing I'm sure. LOL

Room Tip: higher is better.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends