All reviewsacross the streetclearwater beachbeach viewcontinental breakfastyogurtlocation location locationsmall roomdecent hotelocean frontkitchenettecksbalconygulftikiumbrellas
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We arrived on Monday, April 29,2013 for 3 nights. We chose this hotel because last year my husband and I did the Segway Adventure that was offered out of this hotel. The location was great, right across the street from the beach.

We arrived and checked in with a very nice lady who was very friendly. The check in process was not totally smooth as she entered the wrong expiry on my card and told me it had been declined before she realized her mistake. That was fine. She was very apologetic. We were assigned room 314.

We brought the car around to unload our luggage. We had to ask the hotel staff to move as they were sitting on the carts. We unloaded our luggage and went up to the room. The room was a good size. The furniture was very outdated. The bathroom was very small for 4 adults. I always pull the sheets back and found a stain. That night I slept on top of the covers. The following morning I advise the gentleman at the front desk that there was a stain on the sheet. He said that he would have it changed but offered no apology at all. A guest finds a disgusting stain on a sheet and you don't even say sorry. Then when we got back I checked the sheet and even though the maid had been in because the beds were made, the stained sheet was still there. I again slept on top of the covers.

At night we were sitting out on the balcony but below our room is a surf store that has powerful spot lights shined on their store but directly in our eyes as we are trying to sit and relax. Not to mention all the "friends" they have stopping by and the lady talking on her cell phone a mile a minute.

We were out for the day and came back to our room swipe cards not working. We stopped at the front desk and told them. He did something to the cards and said ok. We went out in the rain to the stairs and walked up 3 flights of stairs. They still weren't working. Went back down to the front desk and told him they still weren't working. He said it must be the battery in the unit on the door. He called someone on the walkietalkie. He came and we were to go upstairs again. This time I was not about to take the stairs again. I went up the elevator. He took the stairs and got there before me. He didn't say a word to my husband or son. Again not a sorry. Not even the front desk guy apologized. I couldn't believe it.

Then we were checking out and I got a copy of the bill. I couldn't believe they charged us for parking. Nowhere was that indicated. Thought that was a money grab.

Even though this is a great location I would never stay at this hotel again. I would spend a little more and go with a chain. The Hyatt is right next door. I need good service when my hard earned money is being taken from me and this hotel does not offer that. So disappointed but stay away!!!

Room Tip: Great location but not worth it!!! Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank cdnmickeyfan
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We are locals and stay every once in a while to enjoy the beach. Last time we checked in on a Monday. The woman at the front desk was very nice and polite. We had no problems or issues checking in. Made it up to our room on the 3rd floor.

The room was very clean. I will post pics from our room. This is a great hotel for the price and location on Clearwater Beach! If you are high and mighty and demand 5 star comfort and quality, put on your High Hat and you should probably stay at the over priced pink building next door. If you are on vacation and laid back and looking to enjoy your time at the beach STAY HERE!

Yes its not perfect. And I could have been in a bad mood and got all picky about every little detail. But why, it is on the beach. Excellent view of the water. Try to get a room on the 4th or 5th floor. I asked and they said it was just $20 more a night for the higher floors. Still much, much cheaper than the pink elephant next door.

The continental breakfast was pretty good. It is from 7am-9am. And you can't take any food out. We went a little past 8am and the selection was still good. Many different pastries, cereal and breads. Coffee, milk and orange juice. Close to great restaurants and shopping. Crabby Bill's next door has live music every night. We sat on our balcony and enjoyed the music. The food there is excellent too. So go, have a wonderful time and a great little place and enjoy the beach! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TieDyeGuy68
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stay in this hotel for the Spring Break 2013, and we are very pleased with this hotel. The rooms are nice and clean. Have never had a single problem. Standard continental breakfast was included in the price, nice selection. More important it was right across from the most beautful beachfront and close to the pier. We had a panoramic views of the beach, the water and those amazing sunsets. . The beach is family friendly but if you looking for something special then you should go to Mexico and get drunk over there, lol. For me and my family this beach is perfect. Good restaurants are walking distance, beach is across from hotel and you don't need to carry all those stuff on beach. When you need something you go to your room and get it. Will come back again!!!!

Room Tip: Request Gulf view for the best sunset view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Second time we stayed here once jan last year. Stayed in an old suite. clean but rundown. This time we stayed in a remodeled suite. Was a lot better but they used some of the old furniture. Loved the view and staying on the beach. Breakfast??? did not have it went to Mcdonalds 2 doors over.
safe that way. Expensive for the room but worth the view. Pool on both occassions was not heated.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank Christine. T
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and a GREAT experience! Staff was wonderful, Anthony, Tina, Monica and all the other employees were Great!. The location is one of the best on the beach. Overall trip was good. Would definately stay at this hotel again!!! No problems whatsoever

Room Tip: May want to request a 5th floor unit. Great view of the gulf, but all rooms on that side are just fine
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family