“All I can say is WOW!”

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 21, 2009

What an amazing place to stay. Fantastic service, polite staff, phenomenal food and drinks and gorgeous amenities. My husband, myself and our 15th month son stayed in a junior suite overlooking the gulf for one weekend and we were blown away. The room was impeccable and clean. The people were friendly and honest and the service was top notch. The private cabana service was worth it, if you can grab one. We were so impressed that we will stay every time we visit our family in Clearwater! Thank you Sandpearl!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 20, 2009

This is a lovely hotel. The staff are attentive, friendly and have a sense of humor. The hotel was clean, and the grounds well kept. We went for 3 nights, just to recharge our batteries, and the stay did the job!

However, when booking, we were not advised of the resort charge, or the valet only parking. This adds an extra $30+ to the nightly rate. We did ask for the resort tax to be dropped, as we had not been informed of this at the time of booking. It was dropped. The spa is an additional fee, and 18% gratuity is automatically added to the bill. I normally leave 20% gratuity, but if they want to short change themselves then that's fine with me.

But, I would have expected to have been able to use the facilities in the spa, at no extra charge, and just paid for any treatments I had. Not so, if you want to use the spa facilities, you have to pay an extra $25. Even though I paid $130 for a massage, my husband could not join me in the hot tub without paying the $25!

So, the nightly rate for a stay at this hotel resort and spa, only allows you access to the pool and fitness centre. No breakfast was included.

Would I go back? Yes, without hesitation. I am now aware of all the extra charges, and can budget accordingly.

A note to the guy in the lobby acting the big I am to his friends letting them know what he is going to put in his E-mail to the hotel chain. If all you have to complain about is the CD playing on the baby grand, it is time you got a life! Nobody really cares, it's just background music to fill the void and make it pleasant for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FHRH
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I was put up at the Sandpearl as part of a recruiting thing, so I can't really comment on value.

What I can say is that it occupies a very wide and beautiful stretch of Clearwater Beach, so location is fabulous. Also, the place was recently redone and the lobby is outstanding. The pool was a perfect temperature and I love how it was designed.

Rooms were lovely, but again aesthetics ruled over comfort. The couches were not comfortable, so my boyfriend and I ended up lounging in bed when we were in the room (I'm not really complaining! But still...). Also, the beds weren't very comfortable. They weren't bad per se, but I felt a little relieved to leave the place and return to a much more comfortable bed. Given the price of the room (we were put up in a Mandalay suite), I would expect a better bed, one that would at least compete with those found in the Westin or HIlton hotels.

Room service was prompt and generally good. The valet was slower than what I consider standard.

I read previous reviews that compared this place to the Ritz or Four Seasons. I disagree without hesitation. It's a great place, but I have a feeling that I would have felt upset if I had actually paid for the place. As the place was comped, I was merely occasionally annoyed.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mica178
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This is a fantastic property - right on a quiet stretch of beautiful Clearwater Beach - great rooms - lovely pool which we thought was very safe for our 5 and 7 year olds - poolside food good although service was sometimes slow but always friiendly - main restaurant was fantastic both for breakfast and evening meal - would highly recommend this hotel for all travellers and was a real tonic following the exertions (though enjoyable) of Orlando.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2009

My husband, myself and our 3 year old stayed at the Sandpearl May 2008. Everything about the hotel was wonderful. We had a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen. It was very clean and beautifully decorated. The beach was combed every morning making for a wonderful smooth beach with no rocks! Wonderful beach for collecting seashells early in the morning. Our meals were very good. Pricy hotel but worth it in my opinion. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2009

My girlfriend and I take a girl's trip around the same time every year. We always do a lot of research, because we want total relaxation and some nightlife as well. Some trips have been better for this then others. The Sandpearl was amazing and met all of our requirements. Great spa. Great service. Great drinks. Great beach. Great pool. Great time. Loved the fact that almost all the restaurants in Clearwater have live entertainment at night. That was so fun. Eat breakfast next door. I can't remember the name of it, but breakfast was really good.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gina H
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We went there for a conference and and had reserved a regular Bay view room. For some reason, as I was traveling with spouse and recent high school garduate son, I upgraded our room to a Junior Suite. What a difference. Slightly larger room with a balcony. Great amenities with a staff who were very polite and answered every question or request. Great restaurant on site with a super bar. Pricey, yes, but worth every penny. Other places to eat bracket the hotel (Frenchy's and Cityscape), both very good and reasonable. Great beach frontage and a manicured beach.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business