“Beautiful location, treated like royalty”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was a wonderful place to visit with very friendly staff, plenty of amenities, and staff went out of their way to ensure I didn't have to. The location was perfect near shops and downtown. We had a great view of the pool area and beach. The hotel's restaurants were also wonderful!

Room Tip: ask for ocean front
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,485)

Reviewed July 3, 2014

we stayed here for our anniversary and it was wonderful, it is a full service resort, where everyone is so nice from the person who greets you at the door to the attendant's at the pool . Our room was beautiful as was the view to the pool and of course the amazing Clearwater beach!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank massiecm
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted you chose to share such a special occasion with us. We hope your anniversary was full of cherished moments and happy memories. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to the resort!

Rooms MIT

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My friends & I spent this past weekend at the Sandpearl, where many of us have spent weekends before. While past visits have been flawless, this one had some hiccups. Issue with rooms, even though booked months ago, but we worked that out. Service in the restaurant extremely lacking, resulting in us having to speak to a manager to get our server to offer us cocktails (at our bar tables!), and then taking almost 2 hours to get any of our food out to us, but the music was fun, and we made the best of it. Spa was relaxing and just what I needed. Kudos to Nancy for my great facial! Mark was our bellman when we checked in, and he was delightful, and patiently waited with us and kept us entertained while we sorted out our rooming issue. Courtney did a great job of helping us with our bill on check out day, and she was also very responsive to our service issue in the restaurant that one evening. We enjoyed the beach, and our relaxing poolside lunches as well!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank A C
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Sandpearl Resort Clearwater Beach.

Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you had with your room as well as the service in our restaurant. As you know by previous visits, we pride ourselves on providing great service and this time we let you down. I am very sorry. I will speak with the restaurant team and let them know your comments. If you would like to speak personally regarding your visit, please feel free to contact me at the resort.

Eric Waltz

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here once in 2009 and again this June 29-July 3.
I am going to first start off with the bad because I hate to end a review on the bad.
Let me start off by saying if you have triple AAA prob don't use it.
After staying twice our rooms wasn't the best. First time we overlooked a dump. This time we had a awesome ocean view but the room needs loving care. The maids were awesome, the problem is with the furniture in the room. It was beat up and had chunks out of it. It's black and I counted I know thirty places places were knocked out. I made a few pictures I will try to post. Next, paint on shower curtain outside, mildew in the inside. Again nothing the maid has control over. Next our refrigerator didn't cool in our room the first day at all, so my husband pulled it out a bit and the cords were nasty. Cleaned the back off and next day started cooling. Next, the pool area, though beautiful, if you have kids watch them close. People left beer and cans by the pool , cups floating. Just wanted want a kid to get cut on a can or turn up someone's beer. Wine glasses left by elevator for a day and half.

I know the bad seems like a lot but really the good is coming. This hotel really is a full service hotel and the maid service helped me tolerate being put in a room that was ready for work. Most hotels have a "Do Not Disturb but few have a sign asking for room cleaning. We shower 2 times a day and the maid was there 3 times a day. The beach chairs and service was awesome. While we were here this time the hotel had a guy playing the piano and Sax, it was awesome. Bar drinks, awesome, gift shop awesome, valet almost awesome, food really awesome!! Though the room needs work the hotel has the right idea. I didn't review the first time because I thought we would try it again. The things I have to complain about could have simple been fixed by moving us to a room that wasn't beat up.
They had our family in a room before we were moved but because it wasn't joining as we booked we were moved to a joining room so our 12 year old kids were supervised. It just happened to be a bad one.
In my opinion the front desk doesn't need to argues that it wasn't booked, and tell you hateful to vacate the room you are in because of their screw up.
It should have been handled like I am very sorry this happened, please enjoy the resort and have a drink and let the kids swim while we get your room ready.
We had already paid a bellman 10 bucks to unload our stuff.
After we were moved to a beat up room, the manager should have made a call to us and discounted the rate. We did have a triple AAA DISCOUNT but our cost was still close to 3000 for 4 nights. Too much money when the room had so many problems. In my opinion it wasn't the poor maids fault that refurbishing needed done. All the lower paid people are doing their jobs, it's the people that should know how to handle this type of situation. Lastly this resort is super nice and brings in the elite of crowds that could be why the hotel doesn't care about the average joes room.
Overall our stay was super nice! Will tell everyone how beautiful the resort is and how nice 80% of the staff were but will also hear the bad.
If you are considering this resort by all means give it a try.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Christa1234

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed the view from your Gulf Front room, however I apologize that there were some noticeable marks in the furniture. My engineers will be happy to take a look at the pieces you mentioned in your review for repair or replacement. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. It is great to hear you had a nice stay. We do hope you and your family return again soon the next time you find yourselves in Clearwater!

Rooms MIT

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Being first timers in Clearwater, my husband and I wanted to make sure that the hotel we will stay at is at great location, have great reviews and accessible to the major landmarks. So after a thorough review, I chose this for our babymoon and true enough, not only was my husband impressed with the hotel, but also very happy. I also chose this because of the pool and it's close proximity to the beach, although the major drawback is that the pool is mostly packed, I wish they had a bigger one or had other adult pools. The staff was commendable, from the valet staff, to the receptionists and the housekeeping. Both the housekeeping and the turndown service were good We only got to try Tate's poolside grill which served great virgin cocktails. It's accessibility to nearby restaurants is also a major plus. Overall, we had a great , relaxing and rejuvenating experience! We will choose this hotel again when we plan to come back with our baby :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank evecutiemd
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am glad that your first time in Clearwater was a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. Our staff is happy to assist in making your stay as memorable as possible throughout your stay with us. We are delighted you chose the Sandpearl Resort for your babymoon and hope you return soon for more cherished memories!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We searched high and low for a hotel that had everything we were looking for on the gulf. My husband and I have stayed at many a Four Seasons and other high end hotels and we wanted a place that had great amenities for us and the kids and was near Clearwater. We came to the Sandpearl in May and had a wonderful trip with just a couple of negatives. First, the positive. The condo style room we had is what we look for and it was wonderful. A large fully stocked kitchen, pull out sofa for the kids, our own giant master suite, all with gorgeous high end bedding and a washer dryer. We loved that we could eat breakfast in the room and head out for the day. We also loved eating by the pool (the spicy grouper sandwich was our fav) and the service was fantastic. The beach was pristine and perfect for our 4 and 6 year old as it stayed shallow very far out and they could swim and play without us standing over them. We took our 6 yr old jet skiing which was so fun. I would definitely have parasailed if I had had more time. I also really liked that I could walk into town to the drug store and we could go there for ice cream too. Speaking of ice cream, the hotel has a freezer in the hospitality area next to the pool which was awesome to just wander two feet from the pool with the kids in our dripping suits and put ice cream on our tab. That felt like vacation. We had a wonderful dinner at the main restaurant one night and ate at the bar with the kids on our last night which was fun too. One of the highlights...on Friday nights the planetarium hosts a high power telescope to view the sky. My 6 yr old daughter and I saw the red eye of Jupiter and one of it's moons...WOW. Very cool. Nothing says vacation to us like staying in our suits all day and not having to run anywhere to get anything. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby. I also liked that it was not a huge property so getting from the room to the pool to the beach was very close. Nothing is perfect, so here are the cons. While our room had a gorgeous view of the beach, it was on the side of the hotel right over the loud fan from Frenchy's grill, so if we left the balcony doors open it was loud and smelled like bacon. Strangely this did not bother me as we just left the doors closed and the shades open and I read my book in my bed while watching the sunset. The other con is that the pool and beach get completely mobbed on the weekend. During the week it was a totally different crowd...very quiet. The hotel has a pool club where people not staying at the hotel can swim and the beach was mobbed with kind of trashy types (this was Memorial Day weekend). Same thing about the crowd in town...felt a little like a trashy spring break. I think we would head to the state park beach on the weekend if we stayed here again. Overall we had a wonderfully relaxing trip and we would do it again with a few minor changes.

Room Tip: view from Frenchy's side is beautiful but avoid if you want to use your balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank KristinP132

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent visit to the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear you were happy with your condo style room and that it was what you were looking for. It sounds as though your vacation while at the resort was both adventurous and relaxing! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon on your next visit to the beach and hope we can exceed your expectations each visit.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at Sandpearl for three nights as a family and booked two rooms. The place is absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous landscaped grounds, pool, private beach, beautiful decor inside, very friendly and professional staff. The only drawback was that we wished we could've had adjoining rooms and we wished we would've booked rooms with balconies. At night they do turn down service and put chocolates on your bed, but we found that only one of our rooms received this service for some reason.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and the beautiful surroundings and we wish we would've stayed in Clearwater the entire week!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed the resort and were assisted by profession staff anywhere you went. It is our pleasure to enhance your stay any way we can. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.