“Tate's beach bar is the bomb!”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Tate's beach bar is the bomb!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the Sandpearl's new beach bar. Paula, the bartender, makes great drinks & is very friendly. The salmon and shrimp salads are amazing. Price is great too. The Sand Pearl is the former Clearwater Beach Hotel and has been entirely updated. The inside restaurant is great also. It is a great place for weddings and other gatherings.

• Stayed May 2014
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you had a great dining experience at Tate Island Grill and received friendly service from our staff at our poolside restaurant. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Paul. It is great to hear you enjoy our updated resort. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Clearwater!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
  • Hebrew first
Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This place is so awesome that My wife and I could live here. The staff makes you feel like your family. The rooms are comfortable and clean. House keeping keeps everything in order. Servers at pool do their best to keep your drinks cooled. Front staff the best. Even the other guest say hello to you. Now you do have some negative guest but from what I can tell nothing makes them happy. Prices are high but you get what you pay for. For what you get at the Sandpearl on clearwater beach it's well worth it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Deno V
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear our staff made you feel like family and that you received excellent service from our housekeeping team and pool staff. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Clearwater Beach.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This resort is top notch!!! Everything gets a 5 star!!! Rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable, service by the entire hotel staff was also the best we've received overall compared to anywhere else (all the way from front desk crew, concierge, pool desk, restaurants, and staff working the beach). My husband and I both work in customer service so this is is something that is extremely important to us and can be hard to find these days. This resort is in the best location, all shops and great restaurants are within walking distance, no car needed. And after walking a mile down the beach, we learned that we also have the best beach front. It's private with chairs and umbrellas you can rent for the day, very clean, not crowded, and you get waited on. If we ever make it back to Clearwater, we already plan to re-book here. Oh and I did forget my sweater in the restaurant on our last day. I didn't realize it until I got to the airport but when I called to see if they found it, it took them about an hour to get it down to the shipping department with my information, it was sent out that next day (Monday). I've done this before in the past, it usually takes hotels days to get something like this taken care of, I was very impressed. Very trustworthy crew over there! If I could give them a 10 star I would!!

Room Tip: We had a beach view room right above the pool area, may have been a bit more expensive but it was wo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stacey H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our staff worked efficiently to return your lost item to you as soon as possible. It is great to hear you were impressed with our customer service and that our staff provided you with the best service compared to anywhere else you have stayed. We greatly appreciate your feedback and kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I travel frequently and our last few trips were with our children, so we wanted a get-away for just the two of us. We planned our trip pretty last minute and after reading reviews on Tripadvisor I had my heart set on The Sandpearl. The resort itself was sold out, but we found ONE remaining 1 bedroom suite on VRBO. I cancelled my stay at The Hyatt and booked it. I am SO glad I did. The resort is absolutely AMAZING. From the champagne check-in to the incredible beach bar service, we had a wonderful time. We never made it to the pool, because the service at the beach was so good, but the pool is gorgeous. Tates Grill has delicious food and we ate lunch their twice. It is right on the beach. The resort is super clean and well maintained. The Valet attendants were FAST and super friendly. You really don't need a car because you are in walking distance to many shops, restaurants and beach bars. All of which play music. Dining at The Beachcomber is A MUST and be sure to ask to sit in the piano lounge. Finally, the beach... the beautiful powdery sand. I grew up going to Sanibel and always loved their beach but it doesn't compare to Clearwater. Not in the least. It truly is like walking on powder.
We have already booked two trips to next year, I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter if you have the coastal view.. it's gorgeous. We always book Ocea...
Green Features: VERY green, even the cups that our drinks were served in were made from plants.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so happy you chose to stay with us and that you had a pleasant dining experience with great service provided to you at our poolside restaurant, Tate Island Grill. I am delighted to hear you have plans to return to us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

derby
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

This is our 10th stay at this gorgeous hotel, which speaks for itself!!
The location is right on the beach, where it never seems to get overcrowded- lovely for walking up to the pier which takes around 10 mins and is surrounded by children's activities.
The hotel itself has a very relaxed feel to it, and the staff are friendly.
The only criticism I have is the pool bar.. We arrived twice at 8.45 for food, having been told by the hotel that they close at 10, and were confronted by disinterested staff who were apparently ready to close( although it was busy!)
Overall though, a stunning resort! We will be back!!

Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear you have returned again and again to the Sandpearl Resort and have enjoyed your time with us on every one of your visits. Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the miscommunication regarding Tate's closing hours. Our beachside restaurant is open until 10pm on Friday and Saturday evenings, closing at 9pm Sunday through Thursday. It would be our pleasure to have you return to us again and experience our restaurants when you would like to relax by the Gulf and our pool. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

From the moment we walked in the staff anticipated our every need. The front desk upgraded us to a junior suite upon arrival and cannot say enough nice things about the room, the view, the service, and the amenities. This resort reminds me of some of the most premium resorts we have visited in the Caribbean. Location is great too. We will definitely be back! Thanks Sand Pearl!

• Stayed April 2014
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your most recent stay with us. I am so glad you were pleased with your suite and enjoyed the views, amenities, and especially the service. It is great to hear that you would choose to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Albany, Oregon
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Staff was very courteous & helpful. Loved the breakfast choices & quality. Will definitively stay there again!!! The room was clean, pleasant decor inside the room and lobby. Great pool and jacuzzi. Wonderful restaurants within a mile.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that our staff were courteous and helpful during your visit. It is our pleasure to be at your service for whatever you may desire. It is great to hear you were pleased with your dining experience for breakfast as well. We appreciate the kind words and hope you return to the Sandpearl on your next visit to Clearwater Beach!