“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dresher, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

On our way to take our son back to school at UF we decided to take a side trip to Clearwater. We absolutely loved the Sandpearl Resort. The location is perfect directly on the beach, one of only two hotels that are. The employees were very nice and helpful. I was disappointed though when I asked if it was possible to get upgraded and was told there were no available upgrades and that we already had a beautiful bay view. Our view was of a building, not so nice. It ended up not mattering as we had gorgeous weather every day and didn't spend much time in the room. I wish she had been honest or upgraded us as the resort didn't seem very busy and we were leaving before the weekend. Having said that, we had a fabulous time, loved the restaurant by the pool, had lunch and drinks there all three days and enjoyed all three meals. The pool area was nice and offered plenty of seating options. We were able to get chairs with and without umbrellas to accommodate each family member's preference. The towel hut also lends out noodles which were fun to take into the gulf. I think the beach umbrella fee should be included in the $25 resort fee. It's upsetting to pay so much for the room, parking, and resort fee and then have to pay to sit on the beach. We only sat on the beach one of the 3 days. The location of the hotel was wonderful, we could walk to restaurants, shops and ice cream parlors. All in all LOVED Clearwater Beach and hope to return next summer. Forgot to mention the rooms, they were very large, we had 2 queen size beds and a sleeper sofa. Very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Hebrew first
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Had a vacation with extended family in July. It was our first time at the Sandpearl and we had a great time. The hotel staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. The rooms were well appointed and spacious. The pool was nice and the beach was fantastic.

Prices are a little expensive, but appropriate for the location, amenities, and service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bourne End
Reviewed August 22, 2013

It's not often you receive service and believe the sincerity of the staff delivering it. But in the case of the Sandpearl the staff really want to help and do just that. Combined with a great pool area, beautiful white fine sand beaches and good food, a relaxing end to a holiday.

• Stayed August 2013
Skippack, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This place is a tiny piece of Paradise. Is it on the pricey side? Yes. But I don't mind paying if everything is perfect. And it was. Easy check in and check out, wonderful staff, everyone here goes above and beyond and seems to enjoy their jobs very much. The lobby area is gorgeous. Extremely clean rooms. The housekeeping staff does a great job every day providing all clean linens and towels and even glassware. We ordered room service a few times and the food came very quickly. We even had a few extra requests and they were met each time we placed an order. The pool area is well kept and clean. I used the fitness center as well and loved their equipment. This resort does not disappoint, and although my husband and I went for a couples vacation, it would also be a great place for families. Clearwater's beaches are amazing, the the town is very safe and boasts dozens of great restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amy k
Kent, England
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a very very relaxing week here with family after staying last three years in Naples. The hotel and general resort are very well maintained and equipped and we could not really fault anything much. The room was spacious and had everything needed and the robes were the best yet.

Plus points:

Location on beach
Facilities
Free wifi
Breakfast!

Things to be wary of:

Need bendy straws in the drinks!
Extra costs - valet parking $21.40/ night, resort fee $25.00/ night, beach umbrella $25.00/ each. It all adds up to nearly $75.00 per day just to lie on beach!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hornchurch, Essex
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Having just had 9 days in Orlando we were ready to stay and relax in a fabulous resort and that's exactly what we did. We had a 2 bedroom gulf front suite which we were amazed at when we arrived - absolutely stunning room and as for the view WOW. It's not cheap around the hotel but we expected this with this class of hotel and must say service was always excellent. Ate in both restaurants within the hotel which were great and also had a lovely evening making s'mores around the fire pit and watching movies in the pool both of which my girls loved. There are also wonderful places to eat just around the hotel so there's plenty of choice to be had . The only niggle we did have was having to pay for beach umbrellas and cabanas at the beach - I do feel that should be included when its part of the hotel and you're also paying a resort fee . We love the beach and didn't want to get up too early every morning to reserve sun beds (which you have to do otherwise they'll be gone by 8.30) must mention Bobby the server around pool and beach - charming young man and very helpful with a friendly good morning Mrs Fairchild every day . All in all a wonderful family holiday . Would love to return one day .

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank FayeF
Scranton, PA
Reviewed August 21, 2013

First of all, allow me to start by saying I am in SHOCK that there are anything but 4 and 5 star reviews. How this is possible, I will NEVER know. All I can imagine is those impossible to please types, or cynics, or cheap people perhaps...

Let's get the cons out of the way, because there are very few. Cost. This is an expensive place You are hit with $20.00 a day valet parking and a $25.00 a day "resort fee" which covers 2 waters, 2 beach towels, and fast internet service (among some other not important things). My advice would be if you are looking for a cheap or value location, look elsewhere...My friend's Uncle always had a saying when we were growing up "You get whatcha pay for in this life; you pay peanuts, you get Monkey's."

If you are looking for a value deal or not to spend money, just go somewhere else...because the Sandpearl is not cheap, nor should it be. Because in my life, I have never experienced such beautiful facilities ran and worked by people of such class and honor and dedication to a craft.

Ok, here it goes...from the top!

We arrived in our rental car early (White Convertible Ford Mustang)...before check in...We pulled in with the top down and 2 of my wife's (newlyweds) bags in the trunk and my 2 bags in the back seat. The bags were taken by the bell hop with care and the valet approached for my keys. I asked "Should I put the top up first?" And he replied "No sir, I can take care of that for you." PLUS 1 ALREADY. Every casino, hotel, or fancy restaurant I have ever gone to in my own convertible at home they ask me to put the top up myself.

We approached the check in desk and BOTH girls working were VERY nice and down to earth. I apologized for being there early, but that our flight had no delays and we got out of the airport sooner than I thought. I added that if it was a problem we could go to the beach or pool or grab lunch somewhere nearby if this was an issue. She said absolutely not and that they would accommodate us. PLUS 2 NOW. 85% of places I've stayed in the past make early check in's like its a huge paid.

While in conversation with the girl at the front desk, I explained it was our Honeymoon and how on TripAdvisor I had read that this hotel was tops and had great views...I asked her if due to my "I-Prefer" membership and the fact that I was on my honeymoon, if there was any chance I could get a room upgrade with a view? The girl was QUICK to oblige and hooked us up with a Gulf Front Jr. Suite! The room was AMAZING! PLUS 3 NOW!!! We had a King size bed, giant bathroom with tub and stand up shower, epic balcony with a killer view, and a living room area with coffee table, couch, chair, desk and extra flat screen!

Our first night there we took it easy. We decided to order room service and stay in and relax from the busy wedding weekend and travel. We ordered room service from a delicious looking menu. Room service arrived in under a half hour (and did so EACH time we ordered it from the Sandpearl) and was AMAZING!!! We got sushi, drumsticks, quesadilla's and a Burger w/fries. YES, we were HUNGRY!! Fast AND Delicious, PLUS 4 NOW!!! (Room service bill was roughly $100.00...yes, pricey, but worth every penny and I've had lesser room service for just as much NOT in a beachfront suite).

The next day we had an appointment at the Sandpearl Spa. We got a couples massage (Swedish) and it was AMAZING! Soooooooo relaxing and everyone at the Spa was sooooooo nice. We do couples massages somewhat frequently when looking for a romantic night in peace and relaxing; and this was EASILY the best we've ever had. PLUS 5 NOW!!! (Couples Massage was expensive, something like $300 I want to say...but I've paid more for less NOT in a beachfront Spa)

Now is my FAVORITE part of the story. We left the spa to go grab some lunch at the Tate Island Grill, which is the hotels own little beach bar/restaurant. We approach to be seated when who do I see??? My favorite athlete in the world!!! I won't reveal who he is or what team/sport he plays, but I did NOT expect to see him there! Upon check in, the girl mentioned how popular the Sandpearl is and how lots of athletes and celebrities stay there, but apparently she was NOT kidding!!! I approached him and told him I was a big fan and shared a story that actually connected us which he and his wife enjoyed. There were sitting there having lunch near where we were going to be sitting. His wife was just as cool as he was and then in turn added a story that connected her to us when she found out where we were from! We didn't ask for a picture or for an autograph (because, well, I already have his autograph from the first story I told him (my brother got it when I couldn't make it) and I figured, this is a fancy place, I should act as if lol) even thought it was KILLING me to not get a picture with him especially. He'd of done it in a HEARTBEAT too...he was that good of a guy. As a matter of fact, when they were leaving, my wife noticed him take a picture with a young child. That's the kind of guy he seems to be. The coolest part, when we sat down, we bought each other a round of drinks!!! I saved the cup!!! hahaha What a great convo piece for friends and family when they come over! PLUS 6 NOW!!!

Oh and by the way, the service and food at Tate Island Grill was AMAZING. Once again though, like $100.00 for the bill. Lol. Totally worth it, but I know a lot of my cheaper friends and family would be having a fit by now though haha.

One of the following nights we had a smores on the beach PRIVATE bon fire set up. This was the ONLY thing I felt was slightly overpriced to the point it irked me a little. To the point where if it WASN'T my honeymoon, I'd never have paid it...Lol. It was $150.00 and you got 2 little packs of smore kits each, a bench, and a small bon fire. Don't get me wrong, it was AWESOME and the employees, Troy and Michael, REALLY made it special. They kept making sure the fire stayed let, and really made the moment feel great for us. And Jennifer, their manager, even offered us free drinks and brought us a plate of berries and chocolates to make up for the delay due to the fire going out a few times. That sums up what makes the Sandpearl though, TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I can honestly say that of EVERY employee I dealt with...bell hops, valet guys, front desk, concierge, SEVERAL spa people (we went to the Spa 4 different days), pool, beach, Tate Island Grill, and Caretta on the Gulf...NOBODY WAS AVERAGE!! They were all from above-average to EXCELLENT! I have no clue how they staff so well and get such amazing people, but I kid you not, it was the best experience I've EVER had ANYWHERE with customer service IN MY LIFE!

Only other story I will add is my wife had a college friend who lives in Tampa. They came one night and took us to dinner at Caretta on the Gulf which is the resorts top notch restaurant. I had the best sushi roll there I ever had in my life. It had Lobster in it with filet on top...delish...We had some great wine...negative? The bill was VERY high, but my wife's friends husband grabbed it before I could which was VERY nice of them...they said it was their wedding gift, which was INCREDIBLY generous considering they already gave us a bottle and $100 Target gift card....epic, epic, people who I wish lived closer. My friends wife and her have been friends FOREVER and when they got back together it was like they never left college. And the husband and I really hit it off as well. He was a real class act and we all had a real nice night at Caretta on the Gulf and Tate Island Grill afterwards. Our bill from Tate Island for Drinks? $100.00...haha...advice would be EXPECT to spend at least $100.00 on anything there. I needed new swim trunks...$100.00...haha...

Best hotel I've ever been to....Best resort I've ever been to....Best food I've ever eaten...Best Valet service I've ever had (I'd call down before we left our room and the car would be waiting for us)...Best Customer Service I've ever had...Best Spa treatments we've ever had....What else is there to say??? Come to find out, the entire cast of "Dolphin Tale" also stayed there when filming the movie. So if it's good enough for pro athletes, actors and actresses, and little old me, well than I will guarantee you will enjoy the Sandpearl as well!!!

Room Tip: Go Gulf Front!!!