“The best” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Omaha, Nebraska
“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I simply love this hotel. Gorgeous beach. Courteous staff. They give you a glass of champagne on arrival and will do anything to help make your stay better. Try the spa- I really enjoyed it!!!! Great location where you can walk to literally any place. If you do not stay here you are missing out!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of The Sandpearl Resort and on the beautiful Clearwater Beach. It is always great to hear that our staff did anything they could to make your stay better. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Hebrew first
Tarpon Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I spent the 4th at the beautiful SandPearl on Clearwater Beach. It is not only located on one of the most beautiful stretches of beach in Florida but the Fireworks are shot off by the City of Clearwater very close by making it a fun evening.
The hotels 5 star rating is well deserved. The SandPearl is not only beautiful but spotlessly clean with a large pool adjoining the beach. I thought that because it was a holiday weekend, service would be strained as they were booked, but NOT to my surprise, service at the restaurants were excellent. If your looking for a get-a-way on a gorgeous beach, near many fun things to do, this is Nirvana.
I need to mention that April Cole in the reservations dept., was very helpful as my plans changed a few times and she was cheerful every time I called to inquire. Truly an asset to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. We appreciate all of your positive feedback and I will be sure to pass your kind words on to April. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great hotel. Great pool. Expensive, but nice to get treated well at a hotel for a change. We got there and they handed my wife and I a glass of champagne and my little guy a little bucket and shovel for the beach that said "sandpearl 2013". Super nice touch! Room was nice. Pay extra for ocean front. Not ocean view!!! Zero depth pool with pool service (expensive, but nice). Right on the beach. Lots of activities. Outdoor movies for kids at the pool, fire pits, cabana rentals. Walking distance to shops and good food. Tasty grouper sandwiches next door. LOTS OF BEACH! nice calm warm water for kids. Just a nice hotel with excellent staff..

Room Tip: Ocean Front Room for sure
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an awesome review of The Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear that you were treated so well at our resort throughout your stay as hospitality is what we are all about here. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Me and my husband are from New York, but we got married in Naples, Florida and then went to the Sandpearl on our honeymoon. BIG MISTAKE (for us). The surrounding area is very similar to Long Beach Long Island/ Seaside Heights, NJ - which some people would enjoy, but its just not at all what we wanted. The hotel itself was FILLED with families. The pool was always filled with children, we could never get a seat by the pool, ever! The beach is HUGE, by the time I got out of the water and back to my chair, the front pieces of my hair were already dry! Also, its a public beach and the public were all set up right by the water and the hotel set up their chairs as far away from the water as possible. I didn't understand that one. The rooms were definitely over priced and so was the food. I really did not like their poolside food or dinner but their breakfast was good. The hotel itself was very clean I must say which is very important and their spa was amazing. I really think we just hit a bad weekend (4th of July weekend) with all the families but I still would never go back because of the surrounding area and the huge, public beach. I like more luxury where I literally don't have to move and everything is at my fingertips. At the amount of $$ they charged, that's what we expected but not at all is that what we received. Oh and they didn't have enough staff to accommodate so many people. The hotel is pretty big, they needed more help. All of the staff were extremely nice and really always offered a helping hand but they were clearly overworked. The bed was so uncomfortable, we felt the springs in our backs, our room had this window in the bathroom so you could see into the bathroom from the bed which was cute but when you wanted privacy, the shutters were so....like....not private at all. You could hear EVERYTHING if ya know what I mean! I feel bad because 2 couples recommended this place and they loved it so it really depends on the person but if you're looking for luxury, this is not the place. Its like, the hotel looked very luxurious but it wasn't luxurious if you can get what I mean. The hotel was out of place in that area. If you're looking to go to a really beachy area and party and go to all different bars in walking distance, this is the place for you. OHHH and its a non smoking hotel. If they catch you smoking, you get a $250.00 fine!

Room Tip: Its not worth getting a suite - they're not worth the $$
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Amanda T
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of the Sandpearl Resort. I appreciate all of the feedback.

In your review you mentioned a couple areas that you were not pleased with that I would like to address. One item was the size of the beach and the distance from the water to our beach chairs. Clearwater Beach is a very nice, clean and beautiful beach. From the exit of our pool to the water line of the Gulf of Mexico there is approximately 350 feet of sugar like sand. Of that space about 2/3 of it is owned by our resort so it is a private beach. We position our chairs closer to our pool so that we can serve food and beverage on the beach as this is not allowed on the public beach. I hope this clears that up.

You also addressed the local area and the luxury of the city. Clearwater Beach is a very nice city however it does have a much different feeling than Naples. Clearwater Beach has a little bit of something for everyone. The Sandpearl was designed to be a world class resort along the lines of a Ritz Carlton however without the stuffy feel that is often associated with certain brands. It was designed to make its guests feel comfortable walking around the lobby in swimming trunks and not feel out of place however have the same ambience as 5-Star hotels.

Again, I appreciate your feedback regarding your experiences. If you would like to speak personally regarding your stay please feel free to call me at the hotel.

Regards,
Eric Waltz
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our fifth stay at the Sandpearl and it remains our top vacation destination.

We typically visit in the Fall (late September) when the beach and resort are slow and everything is a bit more laid back. This time we were there over the Fourth holiday and it was packed. It was necessary to get to the pool by 8am to ‘claim’ lounge chairs or be forced to the beach. There were also a lot of families with kids and rafts/toys/inflatables in the pool. We have a toddler and are understanding, but I know we would have been slightly annoyed a few years ago when it was just us. All that said, it was still a wonderful time to be in Clearwater. The Sandpearl had a lot of fun activities planned for kids on the Fourth and the weekend following it. We love that this is an upscale, but family friendly hotel.

As has been our experience in the past the staff is wonderful and friendly. They always do anything they can to make your stay as good as it can be. It rained one day and they had games & activities set up indoor for kids and they were happy to give us a late check out on the day we left. Tate’s Island Grill has excellent food for the type of restaurant it is and their specialty drinks are always top notch. The pool service was a bit slow this time but I’m sure it was only because they were at capacity. Our other favorite place to eat is Clear Sky (right next door), it’s tough to go anywhere else to eat sometimes because their food is just SO good and they always have great, live entertainment.

If you go over the Fourth, it’s kind of neat to have a bay view so you can watch the fireworks from your balcony. We typically choose the gulf side but they didn’t have them available this time and it actually worked out quite nicely. I refer this resort over and over to anyone looking for a relaxing vaca on a beautiful beach. Can’t wait to be back in the Fall!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am glad that you decided to spend your Fourth of July holiday with us and it is always great to hear that our staff was constantly looking for ways to improve your visit. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the fall!

Cincy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My difference in visits might have some to do with off season vs. in season visit but that does not account for all. First, the Sand Pearl is a very nice resort as I mentioned in my last review. This time the pool was not just crowded but overly crowded. The cleanliness of the pool and pool area seemed to show that the staff might have been down a person or two. This time we had a gulf view room. The issue with this view of room is that it looks down on the loading dock, a run down motel and you get the garbage smell from the dumpsters below. Not to mention the large birds that are near the dumpsters kept coming to our balcony. The Sand Pearl is a great place to stay and the staff is better with customer service than most resorts. I have learned to plan my stay better and more careful attention to the location of my room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us again and for writing another review of your experience at The Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I apologize for our high volume of guests during our peak season, we are constantly improving on ways to always have a place for our guests to sit and relax on the pool and beach. Please feel free to contact me at the resort directly and allow me to assist you in booking your next stay with us so we can ensure you are in the location you want to be in. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

washington, dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here with my family on vacation Memorial Day weekend and was impressed by so many aspects of this facility.

Our room was wonderful with lots of thoughtful little touches. Right when you first walk in you are greeted by the beach front view from the lobby window along with a glass of champagne. The rooms are lovely, very clean, well-stocked, and full of amenities. No detail is overlooked anywhere on the property. From the restaurants to the Spa to the luxuriously-appointed rooms - it's all meticulously executed and maintained. I highly recommend this hotel, and will definitely go there again.

Whether you’re traveling with friends, family, or on a romantic get-a-way, there are a variety things to do. You can hang out on the beach and play tennis (rackets and balls are complimentary, courts are public and across the block). The pool below along with the reasonably priced cabanas made for a lovely experience each day as I sat out tanning and enjoying the world. And, the best part of the evening was watching the sunset on the beach. Tate Island Grill offers table service right in the sand, and there was even an inflatable movie screen set-up poolside for the children. They offer one free bike rental, the second will cost only $25, and the resort is walking distance to the pier. We were lucky enough to enjoy the festival on the pier and the Clearwater Aquarium is a must see. Also, I would recommend renting a car and taking a drive over to St Pete Beach, FL for the dolphin tour. As a point of reference, we booked our tour with Dolphin Landings Charter Boat 4737 Gulf Blvd St Pete Beach, FL. If you have time, the Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI) in Tampa, offered great exhibits, but if you’re anything like my family and like visiting the zoo, I would skip the Tampa Zoo. Many of the exhibits at the zoo were closed and there wasn’t much to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. Great views! You do have to pay a $25 resort fee each day wh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CityGirl614
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed so many of the fun things that the Clearwater/St. Petersburg area have to offer. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.