“Perfect Stay”

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Sandpearl exceeded our expectations. The resort is a nice compact boutique size without feeling crowded or small in any way; all of the common areas are pristine and seem almost brand new. I booked the Sandpearl on a JetBlue Getaways deal, so I wasn't aware of the normal cost of a room there until my husband did some separate research. It is definitely more of a higher end resort but well worth it at the price we paid, and even at full price. It was about a 25-30 minute taxi ride from the airport in Tampa ($50-60 ride.) We arrived very early in the day, but the front desk was more than accommodating, they checked us in even though our room was not ready yet and we were able to store our things and use all of the properties amenities immediately. My husband and I went in search of a late breakfast off property and were able to find two chairs poolside when we returned around noon.

As you will find at many other hotels, many guests have the habit of "saving" chairs with the towels provided, several hours before they even needed them. Despite this we were always able to find a comfortable spot around the pool and the staff seemed helpful enough that they would have probably assisted us if we had complained.

Our second day in Clearwater Beach we rented an umbrella on the beach ($25 for the day, and well worth it!) and the wait staff that was attending the beach crowd was extremely friendly, fast & efficient.

Our room was spacious, clean & well appointed and our terrace was HUGE. We faced north on the 4th floor so we had a partial view of the beach, and a partial view of the bay. The toiletries were a very nice quality, my husband typically hates hotel shampoo and he was a big fan of whatever brand Sandpearl uses. There is a $25 a day resort fee but that includes bottled water in your room daily, one free bicycle rental per room daily, unlimited access to the gym, towels for the pool, etc. Some people complain about this charge, but it is so common nowadays for many hotels to have it, we were just happy to see that the Sandpearl actually provided these nice little services in return.

Great location, within walking distance of Pier 60 & most shops and restaurants on Mandalay Ave. The beach is beautiful, big and clean; there are plenty of lounge chairs, Adirondack chairs & hammocks to keep everyone happy. Definitely a mixed-crowd resort- many families, younger couples & older couples around.

Room Tip: Water view rooms might indicate partial gulf/partial bay... make sure you get a specific answer from...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of The Sandpearl Resort. I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed your beach experience on America's 2013 Best Beach. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next perfect stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Sandpearl Resort

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed two nights in this lovely hotel. The entire facility is beautifully appointed. One of the things that we really enjoyed was all the real artwork that was on the walls throughout the public spaces. Our room was very roomy and comfortable, and the view of the pool and the beach beyond was delightful. Loved the rockers on the balcony. All the staff we encountered were friendly and very helpful. The resort is pricy, but for us, it was worth the splurge.

Room Tip: In the summer, we would suggest a room that does not face the beach directly. The late afternoon an...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with such positive feedback regarding your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. It is always great to hear that you loved your view and that the rockers on the balcony provided you with a relaxing experience. We appreciate you writing a review and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Started our Florida trip off in Clearwater and had a blast at the Sand Pearl Resort. So nice and clean and we had a gulf view that was outstanding. The room was so spacious and came with everything we might need, full kitchen, washer/dryer, the bathroom shampoo's and conditioner's was so nice!!! Loved the balcony, was able to sit out there and relax in the morning's. The bed was extremely comfortable and everything was clean and sparkiling.
Very, very nice place, we will be bak next year !!!

Room Tip: Room 848 has a great view, top floor and smack dab in the middle!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. So good to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities that make your stay at the resort so special. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. He found out that the traditional gift to give on this anniversary was the pearl. It seemed fitting that we celebrate at the Sandpearl resort. We begun our adventure with a sunrise from a beach-front hotel in Daytona to sunset at the Clearwater resort. I notified the hotel about our stay and they arranged for us to ring the famous Tate bell from the historic hotel on the beach at sunset. The activities director even video taped and snapped some photos for us.

From the moment we arrived to the Sandpearl we were greeted warmly and graciously with a complimentary upgrade to a beach-front suite and glasses of champagne! Our room and view was beyond belief with a perfectly appointed suite of living and bedroom furniture. The bathroom was huge and a lounging tub that the shutters in the bathroom opened up so that you could see the ocean while bathing.

While we were out at exploring the hotel and taking lots of pictures....room service delivered an elegant plate of chocolate dipped strawberries with a congratulations card. There was the Keruig coffee maker, hairstylist performance hairdryer, bottles of water, optional mini bar...so much more. The rooms must have extra insulation because we didn't hear a peep and with the room-darkening shades I could have slept til noon!

I could go on and on...but I won't. The price is up there....but you have to try it if not but for just one night as we did! I am truly spoiled now and am saving up for our next visit!

Room Tip: Higher floor and beach front if possible. We went to Frenchy's restaurant which is located to o...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rejoicerejoice

Dear Guest,

I am so happy that your husband chose to treat you a sunrise to sunset experience in Florida, it is one of my favorite things to do! I am glad that you chose us as your sunset destination, and thank you for providing us with feedback from your adventure and your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The Sandpearl is the only place we will stay when visiting Clearwater Beach. It is hands down the best place to stay. The resort is beautiful. The staff is helpful, friendly and accommodating. Rooms are roomy and clean. The pool is perfect. Overall, an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us here at The Sandpearl Resort. I am so glad that you have enjoyed another perfect stay with us and that you consider us the best on the beach. We look forward to seeing you again and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

What a wonderful family trip! We could not have asked for a better time at the Sandpearl!
When we arrived we were greeted by the friendly valet. When we got into the lobby check-in was a breeze. We were offered a cocktail. Our room was so nice and so clean. I felt like we were the first to stay in the room! The private beach area was perfect. The pool was uncrowded and so nice. The Sandpearl is in a great location. We stayed two nights then headed to Disney World. When we got to Disney I thought I had misplaced my glasses. I looked and looked. I took a chance and called the Sandpearl three days after we checked out. Sure enough, I left my glasses in our room. The housekeeping employee I spoke to was so nice. She knew right away that they found glasses. She asked the room I stayed in. She offered to mail my glasses back to me FREE of charge! Wow!
I now have my glasses and wonderful memories of our amazing stay at the Sandpearl! We will definitely return!

Room Tip: I didn't use the spa so I didn't rate it but I am sure they didn't skimp!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach. I am so glad you enjoyed your family trip with us, and I am also delighted to hear that we were able to return your lost glasses back to you. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to providing you and your family with even more memories the next time you visit.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel a few times and we always enjoy the stay. The rooms are a good size and some have a kitchen. The pool is fantastic and the pool service is also good. They have a great bar on the beach with a pit fire where we enjoy sitting in the evenings while enjoying a drink. Clearwater beach is one of the nicest beaches in the world with sugar like sand.

We enjoy having breakfast at the restaurant across the street as well as eating at the small Frenchies restaurant that is on the other side of the road. Plenty to do within walking distance of the hotel.

We definitely recommend staying at this hotel. It is the best in Clearwater.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank windquest

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review of your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed a relaxing evening at our very own Tate Island Grill sitting around the fire pit. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.