“Easily the best resort on Clearwater Beach”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
FL/BOS
“Easily the best resort on Clearwater Beach”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

By far the best choice on Clearwater Beach - if you can swing the cost - which is getting more and more difficult. One caveat about the resort - it's won awards recently and I fear it's getting 'too big for its britches' and risks pricing itself out of its base of customers - you are great, Sandpearl, but not if your fans can't return! Now for the good - the atmosphere, rooms, pool, restaurants, and rooms combine for the best overall experience on Clearwater Beach. Whether for a girls' weekend, a family trip, a wedding, or a couple's getaway - this place is ideal. The pool area is perfect (with excellent service!), the beachside bar/restaurant is a lovely setting with a good menu. The way the beach is steps from the beach is lovely and unmatched in the area. The rooms are clean, spacious, and nice (just don't stay on the side facing the stores/restaurant next door - VERY loud late into the night - though that restaurant is excellent for breakfast!). You'll want a beachfront room. The lobby cafe can greatly enhance its offerings - that would be nice. The spa is wonderful. Nice location for walking to other shops and restaurants in the area - and all restaurants in the hotel are good. I've stayed up and down the beach and nothing can compare to the Sandpearl. The other hotels in Clearwater Beach need to step it up to compete! But, please, Sandpearl, those rates are climbing too high!! I'm heading to the area next week and for the first time in years can't stay at the Sandpearl because there is nothing available under $500!?! I do recommend the Sandpearl to anyone coming to the area, though - you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Gulf front rooms are the way to go! Junior suites are great if you need extra room!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I loved reading about how much you enjoy the pool and beach experience here at the resort, and not to mention our award winning spa. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. If you have any questions about rates and sales that we offer please do not hesitate to give me a call at the resort the next time you make a reservation.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Hebrew first
Ohio
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I personally love this place and have stayed here multiple times. However, I do have issues with their website for booking activities and/or services. My suggestion - don't use the website - call or visit the concierge directly. If flying into Tampa airport - I highly recommend the Ambassador Limo Service that can be booked through Sandpearl.

Room Tip: Gulf Front room is the way to go in my opinion. Gulf view is okay if that's all that is availab...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review and thank you for coming back to visit us here at The Sandpearl Resort. I apologize for the issues with booking activities online, we are currently working to get those issues corrected to better assist you in the future. I am delighted you choose us as your destination when you visit Florida. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed for one night whilst on vacation in Florida. Overall very good hotel with excellent beachfront location. We arrived early and check in clerk very helpful, happy to check us in but said a room on a higher floor (6th) would be available soon if we were happy to wait and I'm glad we did as the 3rd floor bay view room would have had no view at all. Large rooms but noisy a/c! Concierge booked us a table for dinner in the Coretta restaurant and was able to get us a window table so we could see the sunset. The food was good but the experience just lacked those finishing touches commensurate with a hotel with luxury aspirations. Tables vacated by other diners were not immediately cleared or re-set, there is no sommelier to guide you through a good but quite long wine list and there was no obvious maitre d' to provide the level of oversight you would expect. Breakfast in the same restaurant was a similar experience. Overall good but could be better.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms need to be on floors 5 and up to have view
1 Thank khjm99
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am glad that you enjoyed the view from the higher floor and that you enjoyed sunset dining at Caretta on the Gulf. I will be sure to pass on your feedback of your dining experience to our restaurant manager. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Clearwater Beach.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great beach and pool. Bar very cozy and laid back even during a thunderstorm. Pool attendants very good abt getting wet chairs dry and getting fresh towels for all. Easy to walk to other beach bars for a change of scenery.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank nm810
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review of your experience at The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location on the beach. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Initially I was confused by the front desk. Everyone wore this yellow and white shirt with a pair of bermuda type shorts, so initially I thought I was in the wrong spot. lol Once I realized I was not in fact waiting for housekeeping or concierge, Trisha, our check-in host didn't seem the friendliest, but she was professional and informative. We took the mimosa's that were offered at check in and began our stay. There were three elevators so there was hardly any wait time with trying to get to the room to relax. We were stayed on the fourth floor and the room was clean. We had the bay view so we got to see a lot of the city. And of course we heard the city noise. But hey that's the good with the bad! The room was clean. It was clear to me that housekeeping actually move things in order to clean versus cleaning around things. I was so satisfied with my stay I forgot to take pictures..sorry, but I gave you a sneak peak of what to expect.

1 Thank Phoxyy
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with positive feedback regarding your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear that your room was clean throughout your stay and will be sure to pass your feedback on to our housekeeping department. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. Excellent staff- very friendly. Great service. Beautiful lobby & pool area. We were welcomed with mimosas and juice & sandbuckets for the kids. Walking distance to restaurants and the pier & playground for kids. Trolley service has a stop nearby, so this was nice for venturing over to the Clearwater Aquarium, etc. Our room wasn't anything spectacular (street side), but the service was exceptional.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cdhl
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review of The Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach. It is always great to hear that our staff provided such great and friendly service throughout your stay. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Orlando
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is our getaway hotel, 2 hours from home. One night here usually is exactly the ticket this "old" married couple needs to recharge. This time, I made the big mistake to book through Expedia instead of the hotel itself. Hence, we were treated as strangers, having to hand over driving licenses etc.although our names and information were right there on the computer. We had been promised one of top floors and free upgrade subject to availability. Well, instead of the wonderful, large gulf front room that we have been accustomed to, we found ourselves in a tiny room overlooking the street and bars - which stay very open til the sun comes up!!!! Of course, from our 3rd floor, we did not get to see the sunrise either. The bathtub accomodated only someone under four ft., the fridge rumbled along all night. The AC vent was 2 ft. from my pillow and woke me up every time it kicked on. They have done away with the slippers and the bathrobes could need renewal. Normally, when we arrive at this great hotel, we are greeted like family by a professionally attired and competent person. Now, everyone wears the same kind of scrubs so you cannot tell bell hoppers from front desk managers. I have always been irritated by the 18% enforced tip. I have got over my ruined bathing suit from the previous visit (The spa was overdosed with chlorine - by their own admittance and I was promised that I would be compensated for my ruined outfit. I sent receipt and claim but nothing happened. Well, that is water under the bridge...) We had an outside table at Caretta so we could dine and enjoy the sunset. Our waiter would have been more at home at a theme park. Loud, chatty, calling us "folks" and could not be shut up while he was blocking out the sunset while wielding the menu taking us through e-v-e-r-y dish, his favorites and what wine would go with what. When I ordered the wine instead of my husband, he had a funny remark about bossy women. With great bravour, two expresso coffe cups were put right on the tablecloth with teaspoons as the chef's welcome. Inside were three tiny spoonfuls of a greeny thick substance with a piece of shrimp.Not exactly an appetizer! Our fish was well cooked but the accompanying risotto and sloppy aragula was really offputting. I would rather have eaten a fish burger at Burger King. At least the staff there is not patronizing. Of course, we enjoyed the pool and beach in the morning. However all that great sun and energy went flunk while we were waiting for 47 minutes for our vehicle to be brought up. What in the world has happened to this - previously - so wonderful place?

Room Tip: Only book directly with the hotel. Do not accept partial gulf view facing north. You will be looking...
1 Thank LiLo-Lise B
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing feedback from your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you seem to have experienced during your recent stay. Please reach out to me at the resort at your convenience with any other concerns you may have had. We appreciate your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.