Sandpearl Resort
La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$99
$271
$220
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$166
$152
$169
Travelocity
2,560 results
All reviewstate island grillthe activities deskfire pitsand pearlglass of champagneclearwater beachzero entryclear sky cafejunior suiteturn down servicevalet parkingper daypool areapool servicebeautiful hotelbeach umbrellasan umbrella
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

For a three night stay this resort was excellent! I arrived late, Shelly welcomed me and was extremely helpful. Entire staff was great, room service, pool waiters and Restarauant crew. Rooms beautiful and very comfy. Within walking distance to shops and pier 60. Beach was nice but not what I expected. The only suggestion I have is for the resort to pipe in fragrances in the air conditioning like the do at the Royal Resorts in Mexico. It makes you feel like you are at a spa retreat. Overall I would recommend if you travel with children.

Room Tip: The taxi ride from Tampa to the Sand Pearl is $55 and more like 20 minutes. The pool is small and plenty of kids, so if you need to relax try the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend getaway to the beach. I will pass on your kind words to Shelley, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel rooms are amazingly clean considering how much sun screen and sand must go through each of them. I assume they must steam clean them regularly or something - there were no odors at all and the room looked like we were the first people to ever stay in it. For tall people, the shower head was nice and high, so no ducking required, and there was a nice flow of water. The bathroom was much colder than the main room area, which was a bit of a nuisance, but nothing that a hot shower couldn't fix.

The beach was amazing (it IS Florida) and was not especially crowded the week we were there. Umbrellas on the beach did cost $25/day to rent from the resort and really aren't optional except for the most serious sun worshiper. Once you paid for the umbrella, though, you had a spot all day, whether you left for half the day or half an hour. We rented a front-row umbrella each day about 10 am, although you might have to get there earlier in the day during the busier season (we were there in late April). The staff did server drinks/food on the beach, but during the week this was very hit or miss - they did not cycle by very often, especially if not may people were ordering. During the weekend, there was much better service coverage. It was relatively easy to walk up to the bar and grille to get food/drinks if you wanted to, as well. The beach towels were provided and were free, and there was no cumbersome checking in/out of the towels.

We did not spend much time in the pool, but it did appear to be heated a few degrees and there was also a little shade in a few spots in the pool if you were looking to escape the sun a bit. The deck area got crowded, but we were always able to find two adjacent chairs somewhere. Poolside service was pretty responsive.

We never ate at the 'nice' restaurant on site, but we did eat most (all?) our lunches at the Tate Bar and Grille. It was generally good, but nothing to write home about. Prices were high, but not unexpected for on-site food. 18% was added to pool and beach service, which is fine, but if you are not careful you will end up double-tipping without realizing it. Wine and beer choices were a little limited outside (not sure about inside), so that was a bit disappointing. The options they had were not bad, they just were very extensive. Some of the mixed drinks, however, were very good.

You do not really need a car and can save yourself the $20/day valet fee (I think that is what it was) and rental car fee, and just get transport from the airport for about $50 each way. There are several restaurants withing easy walking distance (breakfast at the Clear Sky Cafe was very good), several ice cream places, myriad surf/knick-knack shops, and even a CVS pharmacy for things you forgot.

Room Tip: Bay side rooms were a bit noisy earlier in the evening - sirens and a few revving motorcycles until 11:30 or midnight. Assume the gulf side rooms were quieter, but have not stayed in any of those.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted that you enjoyed the room as well as your time at the pool and beach. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here from 9th-15th April with husband and 2 kids (12 and 10), booked through Virgin Holidays. So here's my experience and recommendations.
Virgin offered us a guaranteed room upgrade (frequent members) from Bayview to Coastal view. Before arrival I contacted the hotel to check if coastal meant sea view and could they make sure we had 2 double beds as 'put ups' would not be suitable. The reply I had back said Virgin hadn't advised them of our member status and therefore room would be given only if available at check-in. Not happy before we got there, got Virgin on the case.
So we check in and said room upgrade was available and we went up to our room (513). Well, all I can say is, I now know why its a free room upgrade! The balcony to this room looks on to the restaurant roof and stinks of food smells from the aircon units, horrible doesn't even cover it. Contacted reception, tell them to sort it. They offer us the only other room in the hotel (they claim the hotel is full, it looks less than half full). We go back to a bayview room, overlooks road, bay and partial seaview. We accept it as they tell us its the only option. I start to unload our stuff, find the fridge full of old food and drink from previous occupants, I'm now getting really angry so I call Virgin and tell them. The hotel phone us back and offer us a free meal in Caretta (signature restaurant) but I say, well, actually the free meal isn't important, a good room is and we're prepared to pay for a room upgrade. We go and have a meal in Tate Island Grill as its not my style to take the mick and take the most expensive free meal. They promise to sort another room for us and guess what....a gulf view room becomes available! So we move to our third room in 3 hours. Amazing what a call to your tour operator can do! Also, little niggles make this hotel feel more 4* such as.....4 people staying in the room, you'll get varying amounts of chocolates at turn down but only ever received 4 on one occasion, more often that not you'll get 2 or even 3, seems a bit mean really. Asked housekeeping to only give us tea capsules for the coffee machine as we don't drink coffee. Did this happen? No. So, we had one cup of tea between us each morning. Pool sunbeds look a bit tatty and could do with a refresh. Pool toilets are awful, housekeeping dont touch them during the day so mid afternoon (especially weekends when hotel is full of day trippers) and they are filthy, paper towels all over the place, wet floors, you get the picture. Having stayed at 5* hotels in Dubai where the pool toilets are beautifully maintained and include proper hand towels the Sandpearl really falls short. So thats some of the bad stuff, now the good stuff. Tate Island grill, lovely food and drinks and great staff, really friendly and helpful. Caretta, had a gorgeous breakfast, everything you could want and beautifully cooked. Also had dinner here on the last night and again food, drink and staff are outstanding. Food and drink is expensive but consistent with hotel prices. Room decor is lovely and rooms appear clean (didn't check behind beds and plug sockets like some people on here) So, on the whole, its a lovely hotel, beautiful location right on the beach and generally well maintained with very good staff in most departments but sorry, its not 5*.

Room Tip: Having seen 3 different room types in this hotel and given our room problems, I would only recommend staying in a gulf view room and possibly on a higher floor.
1  Thank anmushy
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. Being the one that handled the inconveniences of your check in, I understand your frustrations and sincerely do apologize. I am glad that we were able to upgrade you to a gulf view room and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. I will be sure to pass on your concerns with our housekeeping department. Thank you once again for your feedback, we appreciate it greatly and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the resort this weekend for her birthday and I can not rave enough about what a great time we had! The front desk was super accommodating and upgraded our room to a suite, they heard me mention it was my daughter's birthday and sent chocolate covered strawberries and a birthday message to the room.
The staff was amazing and very attentive to details. Everyone seems so truly be happy you were there and were always so willing to do whatever needed to make your stay the very best possible. The rooms and grounds are beautiful. The massages we had at he spa were great!
There are so many fun opportunities of things to do and great relaxation as well. They have a schedule each day of things you can do such as paddle boarding, sandcastle building etc
They do s'more on the beach at the campfire at night and it was so much fun!!
We have stayed many many places on Clearwater and this is by far my favorite. The Hyatt is great but having the pool right by the beach and the set up at the Sandpearl is far superior in my opinion. When traveling with children or alone and just want the perfect mix of luxury and fun this is for sure thebest choice!
Fabulous job Sandpearl! Dennis and Micah at Tate's took great care of us and made my daughters special birthday trip even better! Mark at the front was so friendly at we always enjoyed talking with him. Thank you thank you!! Can not wait to go back soon!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of The Sandpearl Resort. I am so delighted to hear that you had such an awesome vacation with us. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to Dennis, Micah and Mark. We appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

2nd stay at the sand pearl, yes it's expensive, but worth every penny, after 4 days in Orlando with a plan to drive to the gulf for the day and then return to a standard villa, I played my ace card and booked a night at the hotel, loaded wife and two teenagers into the mustang, and drove with roof down to Clearwater, 100 degrees on the temp reader in car, valet parked, champagne on check in, room in seconds, lotion on pristine beach in ten minutes, pool to cool down, Tate grill for corona, great meal in restaurant, sunset done, wake up another day on the beach, rent the beach umbrella and loungers, enjoy the service.

Thankyou, sandpearl management and great staff.

Did'nt want to write this review as I wanted to keep this my secret...

Next time, more time at the Sandpearl.

ps this review is from a bar & resturaunt owner so highest praise indeed!

Room Tip: Spend the extra cash for gulf front, rent the beach loungers.
1  Thank stamford44
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay here with us at The Sandpearl Resort. From your description of your time spent here, I must say, I am jealous. It sounds like you had a great time with your family and we welcome you back for another getaway to the beach in the near future. We greatly appreciate your feedback.